Notices

Asc off

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asc off

Hi all! I have a Lancer Sportback non RalliArt, but checked that questions with them are solved under RA threads. So here is the question. I have the ASC ON by default at any time when starting and driving. When I want it off I have to hold the ASC OFF button for 3 sec, so it turns off. Then the "brains" are off and I kan use the handbrake, and burn the tyres LoL. Well, so far would be OK, but hate it in winter time, that I must swich it off every time, as driving snowy streets in my region is hard with it ON, the car comes stuck in snow. Totaly oposit when I turn it off, in this case I can fully feel the car (it doesn't think instead of me) and it is the like a tank, and digs out of anythink.
QUESTION: Is there a possibility to reverse the knob (reprogramm) so by default it is OFF, but when I want I can turn it ON. On highways it works perfect, but I hate it when on slow driving (till 40-50 km/h). Pls help with ideas! I already asked the dealer, where I bought the car, but they said NO, just like they said about the remote engine start, but now I have it installed and working
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry, not gonna happen. You are going to default to on, no matter what
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^ +1
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you dont want to get stuck, get some heavy duty snow tires. The only way I know of to turn ALL the safety features off is to pull one of the abs sensors because that's a critical metric in the computer control system. Unfortunately that also defaults the ACD to tarmac mode...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

would love to know how to reprogram it, so the asc is off by default!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:00 AM

Sad to hear
The winter/snow tires that I have are very good. Still the system monitors some side slide of the car or wheels slipping on snow/ice. As I told, when I turn the ASC off, the car goes through everywhere. Last winter I went to go-cart (not that fast like F1 ) race track (snow/ice)... guess what... I looked like "noob" with ASC ON, but when I turned it OFF it was completely different car! Fully manoovering, fast, perfect handling!
I still hope for the luck.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

He said he has a non RA Sportback, so if he pulls the abs sensor as xi mentioned he should be good, as he doesnt have ACD.

That being said, do this at your own risk. Should you have an accident and the insurance company find out you disabled a safety feature, good luck getting them to pay.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:44 AM

No No No, I do not want to pull anything out or disconnect, because in this case the cars brains are shut off in error and you can not turn it on while driving. Enshurance is not a question, here in general if you are guilty for collision by police confirmation, you pay, if someone else, then he (or his enshurance) pays you all.
My dealer yesterday also said that this is NOT possible to reprogram. But then I switched on my thinking as I had electronics as my hobby while ago. So the task is that someone must hold the ASC OFF button instead of you when you start driving. After couple of beers I found the solution!!! I will take a simple micro processor timer relay, connect it to almost anything that powers it up when the engine is started (radio for example). You start the engine, timer powers up and by wires connected to the ASC OFF button, shortens the contacts instead of you, for timers preset time (5 sec for example). Vuala!!! ASC is off! And you are able to turn it on again by pressing the original ASC OFF button again, while you are driving when ever you need it.
Will have it installed soon. Who else needs it, use the idea. ALL ON YOUR OWN RISK. I will, as actually nothing to risk for. Good luck.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^very interested! Let us know more after you get it installed.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

I will take a simple micro processor timer relay, connect it to almost anything that powers it up when the engine is started (radio for example). You start the engine, timer powers up and by wires connected to the ASC OFF button, shortens the contacts instead of you, for timers preset time (5 sec for example). Vuala!!! ASC is off!
....or, you just press the ASC button for 3 seconds when you get in the car
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sstevojr
....or, you just press the ASC button for 3 seconds when you get in the car
That's CRAZY talk!

Rich
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
That's CRAZY talk!

Rich

For real, though, give the guy a break. He's trying to do something innovative and unique that benefits his own personal situation and share it with the rest of us.

Just remember, he could be on here asking if the mod he's about to perform will void his warranty...
Old Nov 2, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

still, 3 seconds is a pain in the a$$ can't understand why it is just at the press of a button - stop the nanny state mitsi
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:46 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wire one of these in parallel with the switch. Then jumper a source like the fuel pump, which is on when the motor turns on, up to the control side. Either that or just make your own one shot circuit.
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pro...9#tab=Overview
Old Nov 3, 2011, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is interesting... but doesnt the evo have a 1 touch off correct me if im wrong but I remember seeing it some where... how about try switching the switches lol

Quick Reply: Asc off