Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Project Livefast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! I got my BC BR's all dialed in on Monday, car fells AMAZING! I'm also getting ready for tracking, but as serious as you. Good luck and post up vids when you compete!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Nice! I got my BC BR's all dialed in on Monday, car fells AMAZING! I'm also getting ready for tracking, but as serious as you. Good luck and post up vids when you compete!
Great to hear! Remember to have fun!
I install those later with wheels and swaybar. Only waiting for tyres and have to order some diff oils.

Definetly. I have many GoPro cameras waiting here to find places on car.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Where are you located? Im in so cal also.
Trying to get my RA ready for the track as well. Maybe we can roll out together.
Going to be doing streets of willow on July 30th.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yesterday i assembled rear swaybar.
Today i ripped all oem off. (turbo,manifold,fmic+pipes,bumper,hood and ect. ect.)
All what is needed + some extra to more room to work.
Tomorrow i will start assembly new parts in. So it will be ready tomorrow.
Just have to wait UR fmic,licp and uicp,which will come Tuesday.
Coils and wheels i will put in end of next week,after swap is done.
Sorry no pictures,but i think there is no pictures to show about ripping off parts
So when stage 1 is ready,i will show some pictures.

Last edited by Livefast.eu; Apr 23, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

I finalized car yesterday. Many small things was missing or needed,so it take little time.Example there was one flange missing from Synapse box.Had to figure out intake side and things like that....
I end up using OEM intake box and MAF. Just fitted it to turbo with some pipes and silicone couplers.There was no time to order any aftermarket systems. Have to do this mod with my stage2.

And for tuning.....
I had talk with one of the best tuners here in Finland (my opinion) to make tunes with me. But i thinked it again a lot,because he has no experience with SSTs or this engine. Then i decide that i will want to do etune with some person, who has experience... First person who came to my head,was Bryan (Razorlab) and i take contact to him. Patient and helpful guy Altough i had sent multiple PMīs.
All i can say is,that all support and help has been very great!
I had and have many problems with some things,and he had helped a lot and give good consultation. I got first ROM to start with,and i put it in yesterday.
Now i just have to log,and start waiting modded ROMs
And i can also start making other mods now.

Last edited by Livefast.eu; Apr 28, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old May 1, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Terve!

Sounds great, you have to come and show us your ride some day at a MCF (mitsu club finland) event
Old May 1, 2011, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Laza
Terve!

Sounds great, you have to come and show us your ride some day at a MCF (mitsu club finland) event
I definetly will. But there is more work to do before that. Brakes,interior and things like that....
Need to join club today!

Last edited by Livefast.eu; May 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Nice work! Good to hear from people modding in the country of my ancestry! My grandparents came from Finland, and I have family in the Helsinki area as well as around Tampere and near Alavus-Toysa. My cousin races in the WRC
Old May 3, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SudzRA
Nice work! Good to hear from people modding in the country of my ancestry! My grandparents came from Finland, and I have family in the Helsinki area as well as around Tampere and near Alavus-Toysa. My cousin races in the WRC
Good blood you have in your vains

Suspension and wheels installed today. Pics coming later....

First setup was very low.Rears was rubbing and front was almost on floor...
So i higher it couple times quik.Also noticed that rears will need rolling asap.Then i decided that it will be ok for now,and i will continue tomorrow,because it was over midnight. I can drive this now safely to home.I left from workshop to home,and decided make logs at same time. And on highway,just end of logs there came small hole,and right rear rubbed BRAND new Advan AD08īs,and bad Tomorrow is a new day.... Have to check on day light will i need new tyre (damage looked quite bad with cigarette lighter) and hope i find rolling machine somewhere,or someone who can do that for me imediatly. Also have to continue finding good height setup for me.

Main thing is,that wheels are sick

Last edited by Livefast.eu; May 3, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old May 4, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Livefast.eu
Good blood you have in your vains

Suspension and wheels installed today. Pics coming later....

First setup was very low.Rears was rubbing and front was almost on floor...
So i higher it couple times quik.Also noticed that rears will need rolling asap.Then i decided that it will be ok for now,and i will continue tomorrow,because it was over midnight. I can drive this now safely to home.I left from workshop to home,and decided make logs at same time. And on highway,just end of logs there came small hole,and right rear rubbed BRAND new Advan AD08īs,and bad Tomorrow is a new day.... Have to check on day light will i need new tyre (damage looked quite bad with cigarette lighter) and hope i find rolling machine somewhere,or someone who can do that for me imediatly. Also have to continue finding good height setup for me.

Main thing is,that wheels are sick
I had to roll my fenders with my setup as well. Did it using a pvc pipe, a baseball bat, and a heat gun. Used rubberized undercoating to protect the fender since the seam sealer has to come off. Came out perfect, no cracks in the paint, no issues with the fender buckling.
Old May 10, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Yup! Itīs best way to make wheels fit,without any paint work. But we have salty roads.And all kind of other Sh*t So....
I end up cutting mine.Just used pneumatic metal saw I dont like idea,that those are rolled,and all crap will stay on slot. Also there will some more chassis changes,so i propably will have to mod rear fenders a lot more.Maybe some small pull.Need some room for new brakes,because wheels need about 2-4mm spacer for each side. Rear fenders is going to painting anyway,so no extra work..... Main thing is that it will be good.Now there is good primers and other paints. So it can hold about couple weeks,before paint work. ( i post picture later).
IF you do this,DONT cut all off. Remember to leave weldings spots which hold your fender together with upper and inner metal Or even half of those.

Did wheel aligment last Friday. And we put some nice negative camber both front and rear.Ok,rears was already good to me and no chance to change it now.Noticed same time,that car needs some more cutting,so there will be more room to set camber. Just got good camber to front,before bolts and shock contact to car body.
I also did some cutting to get rear damping adjustment screw better place.
I will post pic,after itīs finalized. Now only quik and raw modding,that i got those in good position and was easy make some adjustments on track.

I went track last Saturday. But i didnt join Time Attack session,because car was not ready enough.So i just ended driving open sessions and test car a little bit.
Not many laps,and OEM brakes was totally end.Those was scary on good conditions too. Lousy as you all RA owner know.Bad news is,that i get new brakes next month. So no tracking anymore before that . But good news is,that those are already ordered,and braking power will be more than enough for me ;D Also no fading.

I also get "Slow down" alarm one time. So i will definetly need some aftermarket cooling solution asap.And new SST oils too.

Here you can see pic,how hot brakes was been
Picture taken couple hours after track session.
And no,wheels are not scratced.Only dirty,brake dust and some nice "bubblegum" (pieces from tyre)

Last edited by Livefast.eu; May 10, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

My stage 1 is ready. Okay...have been a while. But havent got time to take pictures than now.Car is running great and i have found good suspension setup for street.
But not to track. Still with OEM melted and ended brakes,because when i test this car on track,so i cant go again yet
And track is what im building this car for...Boooooring.....
Just ordered Stoptech BBK kit to front and rear. I take those on black and with slotted rotors.And front was biggest ones.But have to wait those about 2-4 weeks. Also there are coming A LOT more changes.And very nice ones
But letīs keep those secret now. All planned a while ago. Also engine will get more modding later,but first all others. And specially trans cooling and new oils everywhere!
Monday i have dyno time,so then we can see what kind of power curve this draws now.
Notice that i still use OEM intake and catback. But those will change when i start making more engine modings.

Here is couple quik taken pics.Car is dirty and im lousy to take pics

Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Have to cancel tomorrowīs dyno time
Experiencing misfire on cyl 4. Have to resolve this tomorrow.Hope only spark plug.Will get EvoX ones tomorrow.
I try to get new dyno time for end of week.
If problem is injector,then i will let car stand couple weeks,and make E85 swap+other mods at same time.Because it will take couple weeks to get new injectors here.

I post dyno graphs imediatly when i get those.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thank god it was only spark plug.Problem is that no EvoX OEM spark plugs in country! And i call all places,that i can imagine.NGK distributor/importer ordered those for me,but will take 3-4 weeks
I find used EvoX OEM ones from old rally car,and i get those thursday.Have to just run with those for now,before new ones come
So,now i can go to dyno. New dyno time Friday. I post results then.

Also Stoptech BBK is under working Maybe two weeks and those are here.
Cant wait to get back to track!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 06:03 PM

very nice

Quick Reply: Project Livefast