Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Lean and knocking getting on throttle into a gear

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much, I have an EDM evo so I cant mount my MAP sensor instead of the MDP, but I can try shortening the hose as much as I can. apart from that I need to pull my manifold off to drill it.

I have been playing with accel fuel maps and I still cant see that I am able to add enough fuel, but I think that I dont think I understand the accel fuel maps enough yet

dTPS Accel table - is the % amount of fuel that is added vs the change in TPS

Accel modifier table - does a high number in this table mean that for a given TPS that this amount of fuel will be added ? or subtraced ?

TPS accel factor table - this is the % amount of fuel that will be added vs RPM

Accel dTPS trigger - is the lowest dTPS setting that will trigger any accel fuel to be added .. this is used to filter out noise and small changes that do not need extra fuel.

Accel limit - is the maximum % of fuel that can be added

Accel pump sustain - is how long the added fuel will be sustained, but this parameter is in % so how does this function ?

I also attached my lates .cal and log

regards
Gudmundur
Attached Files
File Type: zip
evolutionm.net post.zip (41.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by gudmundur; Aug 8, 2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking at the last log I'm not seeing much of a problem. Is there a particular time index you'd like to point out?

Don't forget that when you first get into it and load is still relatively low (<5-10psi) AFR can (and should) be a bit leaner. I shoot for around 13:1 by 0 psi gradually tapering down to 11.x:1 by about 10-15 psi. The best thing to do is log from an RPM low enough that you don't build boost right away. This takes the accel stuff out of the picture and you can work on just the fuel map. Get a log from 3000 to 7500 rpm, for example. Watch AFR as load climbs. You should be able to tune out what you are describing in the main fuel table. The accel function is really just for the instant you open the throttle and a very short time thereafter.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi and thanks for looking at my logs

Actually my lean spike is alot better now after I started playing with accel fuel maps.
And my problem is only when I get on throttle after I shift.

If you look at how long it takes AFR's to go down from 14.47 down to something sensible its not untill 25 psi that it goes down under 12:1

And there is a knock spike at log time 0:17:720