Notices

Bucket seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bucket seats

I'm looking to make my ride more comfortable, without spend a million $
Does anyone know of decent, supportive racey seats from a factory car that with fit in a Lancer (Preferably not more expensive then a new set of buckets) I'm finding the factory seats, rather usless in the BUTT-HOLDING area, particularly when cornering quick. I did have a set of GSR seats lined up of $150 but I waited too long. Do any of u know of some, in good knick going resonably cheap. I'm willing to pay up to around $4-500 for a pair.
I'm also after a CE GLXi split bench seat and boot lining (Is their lining better quality then the puss-e grey carpeted-plastic in my VRX). Do CC GSR benches fit a CE?

Any help muchly appreciated.

Last edited by Sandman; Feb 7, 2003 at 04:00 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

I would suggest getting some aftermarket seats as you could pick some up for that price. I have been told that the GSR seats will fit into the CE lancer. All Lancer seats over CC, CE CG are all intertchangable. Also the proton seats will fit. I doubt however that the GSR seats out of a CC Lancer will be any better than the version you have. Look for Satria GTi and earler model EVO seats as I am sure you could pick them up cheap enough. Might be worth you going into a jap importer and just asking if they could get you in a pair and how much it would be.......it is worth a try. Unfortunately I can not get and Evolution seats for you at that price, I wish I could. I do know of someone who is taking offers on their EVO VI seats (more than $1500) and he also knows another person selling the rear for $400. Remember if you want the 60/40 split rear seat dont get the evolution rear seats as they do not do that due to the strengthining bars behind there...there is however a middle arm rest. I fell that $400 - $500 may be not quite enough to get what you are after. I know it is tough to spend a bit more but I would recommend it there is a huge improvement from EVO II seats to the EVO V seats and I mean HUGE, the V, VI and VII seats are among the best I have ever seen.
Old Feb 8, 2003, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah the Proton M21 came with Recaro's. Nothing special, but hey, they are Recaro's. What ever you do, DO NOT buy the Autotecnica Seats at AutObarn. I found them to be very uncomfortable. Are the rear GLXi seats just a simple bolt-on? All you would need woul djust be the back rest, not the bottom part as well? And are there different colour paterns in the Lancer CE's? or are they all the same?

Cheers
Attached Images  
Old Feb 8, 2003, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I know about the Autotechnica ****, cause my mates got them in his Commodoore (the Red VN with GroupA kit and Luk83 plates)
Is the M21 bench split? I'm not really concerned about colour patterns cause I'd get that section trimmed red.

The only problem with looking at reckers is that the nearest Jap one is 550kms away in Brisbane (road trippin is out of the question for the next month due to work)... and the normal ones we have here are f%#king USELESS!

Were the Evo VI seats just front, or all of them.
Can anyone suggest a site with items like that FOR SALE?

Also does any one know whether they have to be engineer approved if they are a straight swap?

Thanks dudes
Old Feb 8, 2003, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Straight swap. Yeah the seats were front only and it was $400 extra for the rear which I can tell you now is a bargain, I am sure they are sold.

Last edited by Mivec; Feb 25, 2003 at 04:53 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone seen anything of the 'Ractive' brand adjustable seats, as advertised by a mob in Hot 4s'? I think they were $399 for a set, with fittings, and they don't look too bad. I was wondering if anyone had seen them in person, to check the build/material quality.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

What about FTO GPX front seats? A lad in town has one, and the seats look nice as- the interior was sea of black with chrome strips. Would the lower specs have the same seats? I assume FTO seats would be easier to come across then EVO or even GTi seats (Sh*t-loads more of em around)
Old Apr 27, 2003, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone knows of any FTO seats, I'm still lookin 4 sum! So far I haven't even been able to get a definant price on them from import wreckers! Gimme a yell if can find some info for me!
Old May 1, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Question Cordia Front Buckets

Have you ever sit in or felt Cordia Stock Front Seats.. they are some aewsome buckets ! they come in every stock cordia that i know of, mine has it, but also, nearly every one i've seen are ripped or torn to shreds..

Have a look at your local wreckers, and see if they have some to have a look at there ?

Pete.
Old May 2, 2003, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah my mate used to have a Cordia GSR.. but I didn't think the seats were the greatest.. mind u they were both tatty as hell and the drivers side springs were more saggy then the breasts of a 90yr $2 hooker!
I spose I'm sorta obsessed with the FTO seats though.. they're sexy as hell for 8-9 yr stocko seats.
Old May 2, 2003, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

yeah they are nice

jus a thought !
Old May 2, 2003, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Appreciated
Old May 8, 2003, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

i did hear of a Recaro race red for sale for 200 as its been wet, but its gone sorry.. i'll keep an ear out for you

Pete