Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Black AMS SRT-4 makes 760whp...sick...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats nukin futs! Greatjob AMS. I personallylike the neon srt's very much after getting a ride in Srt-to-Evo's old srt.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nez136
Its not the car so much as it is usually the drivers that make the bad impression. I dont mind the car at all, the kids that drive them here in WI think they are all Vinny D in a F&F movie! LOL always trying to race you on the highways, letting off their loud *** mopar valves, ect.
You can't say that the SRT motor can make more power than the 4G63 just b/c AMS built and tuned one, christ you can give that company a riding lawnmower and they'll give it back to you with 600whp

they bought the car because its fast... what do u expect...except to race it... it sure isnt comforable, it doesnt get good gas milage...maybe you baby ur car to much.. and need to start running these guys... mopar bov... that happens to be a good reasonable choice for them... like evo's dont use bov that are loud... hks ssq? tial? turbo xs? forge? all upgrades are loud unless ya keep the stock mr bov..which is only soo good... and i already notice problems with it at the track.. srt4's are always blowing off cause im sure they build boost muuuch sooner than we do thanks to a smaller turbo and bigger motor.. so during normal driving theyre going to be louder... compared to when i shift at 2500-3k at only 4 or 5 pounds. cant hear it.....

all im trying to say is, a car is a car, who cares...u were fortunate enough to have an extra 5-10 to drop on a car.. say you had a sick family member or a another kid so ur expense's were just a little more a month... you might find yourself in an srt4..

im not directing this directly towards you, im generalizing it towards any1 who hates any car, because every1 car has its pro's and con's...

cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PsiFiSRT4
...and apparently he's on STOCK TRANS (minus clutch/flywheel) and STOCK AXLES...now THATS awesome...
Those wont last very long at all.. I have a friend that has 400whp and has blown 3 trannies and snapped 2 axles
Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
they bought the car because its fast... what do u expect...except to race it... it sure isnt comforable, it doesnt get good gas milage...maybe you baby ur car to much.. and need to start running these guys... mopar bov... that happens to be a good reasonable choice for them... like evo's dont use bov that are loud... hks ssq? tial? turbo xs? forge? all upgrades are loud unless ya keep the stock mr bov..which is only soo good... and i already notice problems with it at the track.. srt4's are always blowing off cause im sure they build boost muuuch sooner than we do thanks to a smaller turbo and bigger motor.. so during normal driving theyre going to be louder... compared to when i shift at 2500-3k at only 4 or 5 pounds. cant hear it.....

all im trying to say is, a car is a car, who cares...u were fortunate enough to have an extra 5-10 to drop on a car.. say you had a sick family member or a another kid so ur expense's were just a little more a month... you might find yourself in an srt4..

im not directing this directly towards you, im generalizing it towards any1 who hates any car, because every1 car has its pro's and con's...

cheers!
Did you even read my post before you responed
Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

You can't say that the SRT motor can make more power than the 4G63 just b/c AMS built and tuned one, christ you can give that company a riding lawnmower and they'll give it back to you with 600whp
Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:32 PM

christ you can give that company a riding lawnmower and they'll give it back to you with 600whp
x2

And the post about srts blowing off on ya. Like the guy said, people dont buy the car because its luxury.(the same with evos, stis) You see ***'s in every car. I see other evo owners talk about an srt blowing off on them then, the next day they are posting talking about how they were street racing the another car. Its an srt, they are going to race.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

sick numbers and sick kit but can it put those massive power to ground?

i always thought srt was 29XX from the factorys...
Old Oct 27, 2006, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by J8dailo
sick numbers and sick kit but can it put those massive power to ground?

i always thought srt was 29XX from the factorys...
Yeah a SRT4 from the factory is just under 3000lbs, with the correct suspension setup the car will certainly put the power to the ground.
Guys with MUCH MUCH less power have ran 10's, so I fully expect this car to have the potential to run into the 9's and trap 150+.

Also note Chris (car owner) said the car is NOT done yet...no one said what was being done but one can only imagine with AMS .

I would like to see some larger injectors...AMS intake manifold...and then hit 800 with the 37R

Mike
Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MikeCandler

I would like to see some larger injectors...AMS intake manifold...and then hit 800 with the 37R

Mike
You better hope for a nice snowy day. There just isn't that much flow in the compressor.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slowTsi
You better hope for a nice snowy day. There just isn't that much flow in the compressor.

I agree. That'd be like hoping for 560whp out of a 50 trim.

The "37r" (aka T67/T3 P-trim) is rated at 75lbs/min = hence able to push around 750whp~ give or take. AMS did a damn good job by extracting 760whp out of it.

I was suprised to see 760whp out of a .62a/r exhaust housing in the first place.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by slowTsi
Really...well the car is now making 792whp and 650+wtq

New intake manifold is being installed and tested soon as well, I think 800whp is more than possible .

Mike
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

that's what i've been hearing too. crazy whp cars down in florida. I wouldn't doubt it.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Why doesn't the econobox lancer have cool stuff like that?.. Like you modded a neon! lancers turn!!!