Notices

Aftermarket Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket Exhaust Question

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum as well as to Lancers in general, I got my GT AWC a few months ago.

Anyways, I've been searching around for an aftermarket exhaust, and I really like the deep, growling sound of the magnaflow catback system. However, the price seems a bit steep, which has me considering an axleback. I've read through forums/google but some topics seem to conflict info wise.

Basically, are there any axlebacks that audibly compare to the magnaflow (deep, not ricey)? I've heard some on youtube, but I've only heard the magnaflow in person, so I'm not too sure on the comparisons. I don't want to pay ~$700-800 for sound I could get at ~$350-400, unless theres some performance/quality aspect of a catback that justifies a price thats twice as high. I also plan on getting an intake soon after the exhaust if that changes anything related to catback vs. axleback performance.

Thanks everyone, and hello again
Old Jan 30, 2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by blackrush12
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum as well as to Lancers in general, I got my GT AWC a few months ago.

Anyways, I've been searching around for an aftermarket exhaust, and I really like the deep, growling sound of the magnaflow catback system. However, the price seems a bit steep, which has me considering an axleback. I've read through forums/google but some topics seem to conflict info wise.

Basically, are there any axlebacks that audibly compare to the magnaflow (deep, not ricey)? I've heard some on youtube, but I've only heard the magnaflow in person, so I'm not too sure on the comparisons. I don't want to pay ~$700-800 for sound I could get at ~$350-400, unless theres some performance/quality aspect of a catback that justifies a price thats twice as high. I also plan on getting an intake soon after the exhaust if that changes anything related to catback vs. axleback performance.

Thanks everyone, and hello again
your best bet is to contact RRM. they might have your answer.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 03:06 PM

I have a 2012 Lancer gt 2.4 front wheel drive. I just installed a Injen cat back and the sound at idle is a very low growl. The price is 850. With anything aftermarket it's not gunna be a perfect fit. For instance, on the test pipe that connects to your header exhaust there's a hold for your Y band. I didn't have that so a simple donut plug worked to seal it. Also, I had to drill a hole near the rear exhaust frame bc the hanger that holds the pipe was on the wrong side. Had to switch around some grommets to have the system fit correctly. But all in all it's worth it when you start it up for the first time. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 01:36 PM
tiC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the GReddy RS
Old Dec 30, 2015, 06:41 AM
SK~

greddy rs
Old Sep 27, 2016, 06:13 PM

I checked them out but couldn't find anything about a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer SE exhaust... they had an exhaust for the Mitsubishi Lancer GT axle back but not for a regular Lancer SE
Originally Posted by tiC
Check out the GReddy RS
Old Oct 9, 2017, 04:12 PM

GReddy rs