Notices

Questions about my new Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about my new Lancer

Hey guys, I just bought a new 2015 Lancer SE AWC a couple of weeks ago. My girlfriend also has a 2015 Outlander Sport with the 4b11 and cvt. I really love the styling and the handling of my new Lancer, but I will admit that her car is a bit more refined. I have noticed a sound when I accelerate that sounds like a bad idler pulley from past experience with cars. Do these cars always make that noise? Also I noticed that my Lancer seems less responsive than the Outlander Sport, even though I have the 4b12 in mine and she has the 4b11 in hers. It feels like it has more power once it is revved up, but shouldn't the 4b12 feel more responsive in the lower power ranges? The Lancer also slows down a lot quicker when taking your foot off of the accelerator( The Outback Sport cruises more).
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that you put some miles on it does it feel better? The CVT is louder in the lancers than the outlander. Less sound insulation not mechanical. The 2.4 does engine brake better than 2.0. I have an 0808 ES Lancer w/CVT and 2015 Lancer SE. There are differences. The 2.4 vibrates more than the 2.0 but to me the torque of 2.4L is noticeable. The 2.0L is pretty weak. Your outlander a stick or CVT? A stick will feel way more powerful than a CVT. Just a fyi.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for replying! Our outlander sport has the cvt as well. Do you suspect the sound I hear in the lancer when I accelerate is the cvt?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 01:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you havent figured it out I would say yes, the CVT. Sorry this reply is LATE. lol.