Notices

God I hate kids

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
God I hate kids

I think this explains it quite nicely, http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what your saying but i could find news clips like that all over if i wanted to single out a certain group of people! You might wanna think before you say things because not everyone is like that...
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Difference is the statistics support my implications, as does the biology, kids are dumb, plain and simple.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

yeah!what about drunk drivers who totally rip apart families by killing innocent people?? how many of them are under 21 and how many arent? their just as bad and alot of them are older men!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not talking about drunk drivers, stoned drivers, tired drivers, whatever, the article addresses the issue of young drivers in fast cars. Drunk drivers are in a completely different category as they are not within a defined age group, and they involve the use of a substance to alter the ability of the person in question.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

I agree, Kinda ignorant to say all kids are dumb...but guess that's your opnion
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Well sure there may be a few kids (14-18 for the sake of this argument) but so what? The majority of kids are exactly that, kids, they're immature and wreckless, as is supported by the article in question.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

sounds too me like an assumption! You cant say that about such a huge group of people because of mistakes individuals make... thats just ignorant!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Ok its very simple, I posted this article because I felt it addressed the issue of young people street racing and it supported the idea that kids are wreckless and immature. Now then, this doesn't mean kids are stupid in the intellectual sense, it means they are stupid in the application sense. I have met kids who at 12 were in university math classes, but I wouldn't trust them to make informed and responsible decisions regarding things such as sex, drugs, and alcohol. The same applies to driving. A young person behind the wheel of a car can do just as much damage as they could with a gun, yet for some odd reason people don't seem to understand this.
There is a reason why insurance for our age group (I'm only 20) is so high, and its not because of some grand conspiracy. We are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident than other age groups. If you don't like this consider other indicators of maturity and wreckless behaviour. The rate of teen pregnancy is shooting up, gang related death is quickly becoming a major cause of death among teens, drug use is going up, etc.. Sure some of this is due to social issues and parental problems, but the fact they are a problem is an indication of the nature of our age group. We don't think about consequences and we tend to act based upon emotions rather than logic. Our brain is not yet done developing, so as much as you may not like it, it is indeed true that kids do not think like adults.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

well thats totally different than you "hating kids"! You should have said that... And your only 20 and talking about "kids"! hahahahahaha this thread should have never have been started it has no point or anything to do with evom!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

I do hate kids, and one of the reasons is addressed by the article. Yes I am 20, but what difference does that make? Would you be happier if I came back in a year? Maybe 2 years? How old do you have to be before you can look back and go "damn people are dumb"? You should also note that this is posted in the canadian forum, and seeing as how 1. I am canadian, and 2. the incident took place in Canada, it is perfectly applicable.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

So is it safe to say that all the older guys don't have to listen to you for another year?

Dude we know we're stupid. And the article is tragic but b****ing about it isn't gonna help. They caught one kid. I'm happy for that cus that's one less person that didn't deserve their license on the road... =\

I'm 18 btw.. I agree with your standing but I don't know what you're getting at just complaining about it... =\ sorry.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Older guys can do whatever they want (and I actually have no idea where that statement came from), the issue I was hoping to address has nothing to do with older people, it has to do with young kids and fast cars. How many threads have you seen personally which involved a younger person (usually male) talking about how they've just crashed their new car? I'm seen threads where its literally come down to a few select young individuals whining and moaning about how their age group is discriminated against, and blah blah blah, this article gives a little bit of an explanation why.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

lol it came from the fact you sed you're 20 so you're still a "kid". eh..
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

***Although im only 19 AND fall into this category, and although i dont like what you are saying about "OUR" age group (including you)... i am going to have to agree with you.. "WE" are wreckless and immature, and we are very stupid when making real life decisions, i'll admit i did made sum very stupid mistakes not very long ago, but thats just the way we are!!!

Yes most "street racers" are our age and statistics do say that we are one of the most dangerous behind the wheel!

But im what im tryna figure out is why ur title says, "God I hate kids"..... when you are considered a kid still, u still cant legally drink & you fall in the statistics that u were speaking about!