Notices

I have a question: RRM HEADER

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question: RRM HEADER

Hello everyone, so i finally managed to install the RRM header onto my 2009 Lancer GTS 5spd. I'm quite disappointed -- where is that 8hp and 8lbs torgue as per their dyno? My butt dyno doesn't feel anything. I've felt more when I installed my Pulse plugs. Everything was checked rechecked for tightness -- even after running the car rechecked again for any leaks ---- So anyone who has the RRM Header installed -- did you guys get that power as per their dyno? Felt it? Coz there's nothing there unlike when I installed my pulse plugs. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

MOD INSTALLED
CAI INJEN
RRM MAGNAFLOW AXLEBACK.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

do u have hook ups for thsoe plugs? or anyone here? i want those.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:01 PM

http://www.clubplug.ca

This is where I bought it and for LANCERS make sure you ask for BE1 -- this is the correct plugs for our cars -- coz on their site it says DG1 --- when i got those they were to long -- so the correct plugs is the BE1 plugs. This is a canadian store based in Montreal. The owner's name is Frank Vessella.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by homieG
do u have hook ups for those plugs? or anyone here? i want those.
Get me a set too if you're ordering em G!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:08 AM

OFF TOPIC:
Isn't there a mixed review about the Pulstar? From what i read on this forum and others, Pulstar is aware of the issue with their plugs for our car and are hoping to fix them .
They are good for track purpose but not economical for daily driving as you will be replacing them at a rate 2-3 times a year.

Back to the topic, many said the stock header is very restrictive, so you should notice some improvement using RRM Header.

Last edited by mikron15; Sep 27, 2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:20 PM

Spoke to RRM about this - they told me that usually you get the gain in high revs -- so i have to keep pushing the car past 3500 to feel the difference? BOINK ME!!!! --- That means more gas. Well I did that - my butt dyno doesn't feel anything.

--about the pulse plugs -- i have been driving with them for 4000 km now -- still evaluating them, but so far i'm very happy with the result. Oh yah i keep inspecting them and they are still very clean in oppose to my iridium where they are already rust color (which is normal).
Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by johntango
Spoke to RRM about this - they told me that usually you get the gain in high revs -- so i have to keep pushing the car past 3500 to feel the difference? BOINK ME!!!! --- That means more gas. Well I did that - my butt dyno doesn't feel anything.

--about the pulse plugs -- i have been driving with them for 4000 km now -- still evaluating them, but so far i'm very happy with the result. Oh yah i keep inspecting them and they are still very clean in oppose to my iridium where they are already rust color (which is normal).
Outta curiosity, u gapped it at 0.40?
Old Sep 28, 2008, 06:12 PM

-Still no pull power from those header- I guess my next thing to do is works flash.

-For lancers pulse plugs gap 0.030 -- as per enerpulse recommendation. When you get this plugs, they are stock gap at 0.040 -- so please make sure you gap them at 0.030 -- oh yah -- make sure not to over torque -- handle with care -- as if you are inserting plutonium in your car.