Notices

<calgary> world of wheels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<calgary> world of wheels

anyone want to meet up for the world of wheels on sunday?
any sort of time?
place?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:40 PM

If/when you go check out the GT- R VEX modified, they put a twin turbo kit in it and some other goodies, I think it is suppose to have close to 600 hp and 600 tq! but won't know till later on in he week if I can ask how it went, since I cannot make the show. Take lots of pics !
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:02 AM
Account Disabled

I thought the only gtr that he's been modding is my dads R35 but it's not like he can't mod other models.. i'm guessing your talking about an r34 or something.. ryan sent the r35 to an exhast shop for a custom design that he might try to sell at the shop. and i know they were also talking about trans work, there was also a couple quotes for either the Alpha 9 kit.. or a cheaper.. "his" version of the alpha 9 kit.. an in house engine build.

I don't have the exact details but i do have the emails sents back and forth. Only prob is my dad's business has been slow this year due to unseaonably nice weather. so i'm not sure what his final decision ended up being. what i do know is he'll be at Race the base this august. trying to beat his 305km/hr run down the runway. Id be supprised if my evo could hit 280 in the same distance.

But i'll be at the show on sunday.. and still trying to work out the time.. a buddy of mine with a gen coupe is going.. so we'll both be there with our girl friends and camera's .
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
I thought the only gtr that he's been modding is my dads R35 but it's not like he can't mod other models.. i'm guessing your talking about an r34 or something.. ryan sent the r35 to an exhast shop for a custom design that he might try to sell at the shop. and i know they were also talking about trans work, there was also a couple quotes for either the Alpha 9 kit.. or a cheaper.. "his" version of the alpha 9 kit.. an in house engine build.

I don't have the exact details but i do have the emails sents back and forth. Only prob is my dad's business has been slow this year due to unseaonably nice weather. so i'm not sure what his final decision ended up being. what i do know is he'll be at Race the base this august. trying to beat his 305km/hr run down the runway. Id be supprised if my evo could hit 280 in the same distance.

But i'll be at the show on sunday.. and still trying to work out the time.. a buddy of mine with a gen coupe is going.. so we'll both be there with our girl friends and camera's .
Looks like Chip Foose is going to be there! I wanna go too! I might go Sunday as well.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

ill be taking the train down. just easier
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

going to world of wheels around noon sunday. Keep a keen eye out for a dude in a T-Shirt with Auto X Cones on the back(one pointer cone and one cone in the upright position) with the front that says RDSCC that'll be me.
Kinda excited.. oh, and the Vex Show car is a 2012 GTR in stage two form. with a cobb protune around 600ish hp. My dad is a bit jelous of the 2012's lol mostly cuz last year it was his car in the show.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
Account Disabled

world of wheels was a bit meh... best car there was the vex project car a alpha 900 kit on a 2012 r35.. pretty cool.. and found out from ryan that my dad bought the same kit for his car lol.. dad hasn't even told me yet.. lol mostly cuz if my mom found out it would be hell! lol shhh i wont say a word .. either way.. i might have to get a second job so i can afford to get some goodies for my car.. boo so jelous lol
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
world of wheels was a bit meh... best car there was the vex project car a alpha 900 kit on a 2012 r35.. pretty cool.. and found out from ryan that my dad bought the same kit for his car lol.. dad hasn't even told me yet.. lol mostly cuz if my mom found out it would be hell! lol shhh i wont say a word .. either way.. i might have to get a second job so i can afford to get some goodies for my car.. boo so jelous lol
That r35 they had was pretty cool as well as the sti. I might check vex performance this week to see if they can install my ams cai and tune it

PS I went to a Ford dealer with my friend and totally fell in love with the 5.0 Mustang GT and I almost traded in my evo I need help and you guys have to conveince me to stop!! We should have a meeting this week
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by alex the great
That r35 they had was pretty cool as well as the sti. I might check vex performance this week to see if they can install my ams cai and tune it

PS I went to a Ford dealer with my friend and totally fell in love with the 5.0 Mustang GT and I almost traded in my evo I need help and you guys have to conveince me to stop!! We should have a meeting this week
C'mon, George! A Ford?!?!?!

Let's go for wings/ribs tomorrow around 8.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:30 PM
Account Disabled

as nice as the 5.0 is.. they get pounded in auto x... and unless they have decent suspension set up's they suck at the road course too