Notices

Proud New OZ Owner

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woops. Edited mine while you posted. I'm just saying, can't be too careful, especially when it comes to private sale, am I right?

Out of curiosity, do you mind me asking how much you paid?
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

yea sorry i don't mean to be all negative, welcome, join the canadian lancer club and see ya at some meets.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:42 AM

Oh, damn. I paid $23000 for it. That sucks.

Well it's really loud, and I saw a machine that they bored out blocks on at the shop. I'm sure he just forgot to mention the mods on here.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

P.S. in his last post he was asking 20,000 for the car. If you paid more I would be calling his A$$
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

P.P.S. the owner og absolut is his personal friend. friends could lie for each other.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:44 AM

Ya I see that, but it was advertised as $25000 elsewhere, so I guess he was giving forum members a deal. I had to really bargain to get it down to $23,000 and even then he said sure but without the rims and tires.

How can I call him and ask for the money back? You think he'll give me the money back? I'm pretty sure it's already spent......he had a supra in his driveway.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:45 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

I guess being new, you had no way of knowing that Lancer_4_Sale was the car in question, but yeah, that's pretty crappy if you paid $3000 more than the asking price on the forums.

That extra money was halfway to a turbo. I'd call and see what's up with that.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:47 AM

Well i just joing the forums today....this is a surprise to me, I just happened to type in lancer turbo and this site came up.

I am going to call him, but I don't really know what to say? "You were selling it cheaper on another place and more expensive in the paper ad, I want $3000" ????
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:53 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

sorry, i really don't know what the laws governing the sale would be, and i suspect that if you've already signed your name to paper, you're probably legally bound to it. all the haggling should have been done earlier.

if anyone else has any real input, i sure hope they can help you out, otherwise just eat the cost, and hope you got everything you paid for.

sorry we had to rain on your parade.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:55 AM

The ownership was already transferred, the car licensed, the insurance covered and everything. I just called his house and someone answered and said he is away at school.

I noticed that the ad said it had a 6 cd changer? Would this have been mounted in the dash or the trunk. Because if it is the dash I just figured out why theres a hole in it were supposedly "plastic" was before.

I'm really pissed now. $23,000 on something i could have bought for $20,000.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:57 AM

oh btw I asked the I guess 'mom' about the price difference and she said that they started out asking a cheaper price and then found out that other cars were selling for more, so the price went up.

She also said the money is spent already. So I don't think I can get any back. He's also a law student so I can't even sue him.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:10 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

Ouch man, sorry to hear about all that. But if you find out that you can take action, do it. Who cares if he's a law student? It doesn't mean a thing.

If the ad you saw didn't say it came with the changer, then you've got no claim to it, but if it does and it was removed, maybe you can chalk everything up to false advertising and go from there?
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:13 AM

There was no mention of a CD change in the ad, only "CD". And if the money's gone the money's gone. He mentioned he was selling the Lancer to buy engine parts for his Supra and I gave him a certified cheque which was already cashed.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:16 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

Ah well... you live and learn I guess. Next car you'll do more homework... don't know what else I can tell ya.

At least you've got a car with stuff that I'll be working to get for quite a while, including rims, and it'll probably cost me lots more in the long run.

Enjoy it, and wave if you see me around.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

It's all good, as long as you are happy with the car. he is a law student in london at western. if the ad you read an responded to was false, I would get his number in london and threaten to sue.