Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LancerEvolution
Stupid ***
US:

Canada:
Stop Smokin
Do the math, Canadian price $15,997 CAD divided by current exchange rate $1.58 USD.

$15,997/$1.58 = $10124.68 USD

Checkout the Canadian prices http://www.mitsubishicars.ca/MMSA/jsp/lancer/index.jsp
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by illstylus
The guy in kelowna mitsu dealership said evo8 will be here in 2004 (next year). Im really wondering about the medium lancer to be released.Its supposed to be turbo and cheaper than the evo.Head to head competitor with the Rex? a more powerful lancer for less than 40g will be nice.real nice
I talked to Wolfe in Surrey, BC and they said the same thing, the Evo VIII will be in Canada in one year.

If they do sell the Evo in the US for around $30,000 USD it could be in the $40,000 to $50,000 CAD range.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 04:38 AM

Yea, around 50 000 sounds right.

Mitsu Evo needs to compete with the Suby WRX price wise as well. Even though the Evo is a superior machine, ppl here will simply go with the next best thing with the cheaper tag.

Namely the wrx, which is in an abundance on the streets of montreal already. But personally , i dont like the way it looks, Stock anyway.

Stock evo VII looks much nicer IMO.

Last edited by El-Vegs; Sep 16, 2002 at 04:40 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 04:42 AM

WRX in Canada only sale for 35,000
I hope would sales them for 40000 will be good.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 04:44 AM

Originally posted by victec

Do the math, Canadian price $15,997 CAD divided by current exchange rate $1.58 USD.

$15,997/$1.58 = $10124.68 USD

Checkout the Canadian prices http://www.mitsubishicars.ca/MMSA/jsp/lancer/index.jsp
I knew it, but u know what?we donot have Air Conditioning on it.have to pay 1500 for that...
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:50 AM

So when they say a year, I imagine they mean sometime in March of 2004 as a 2005 model? Man that really sucks ***, I was really looking forward to buying that car come this march... anyone have any good news at all regarding the matter?
Old Oct 21, 2002, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by victec

I talked to Wolfe in Surrey, BC and they said the same thing, the Evo VIII will be in Canada in one year.

If they do sell the Evo in the US for around $30,000 USD it could be in the $40,000 to $50,000 CAD range.
If it comes it will be in the lower $40,000 range. Vehicles are never a straight conversion from U.S. Dollars. They are usually cheeper in Canada.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 06:54 PM

No Evo for Canada this time around. Bumper restrictions:

"Mr. Gagnon says that Canada will have to wait for the exotic EVO Lancer. That rally-bred Mitsubishi super-car will be seen on the roads of PlayStation 2's Gran Turismo 3 or in the US. But not here, not yet. The American market gets 6000 of the desirable high-performance EVO 8s.

"It's mainly the bumper standards in Canada," says Mr. Gagnon. "The low volume of EVO sales in Canada wouldn't warrant the redesign expense at this point. We'll probably have to wait until the next redesign, when the car will be built for full North American compliance."

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/021024-1.htm
Old Oct 24, 2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by trev555
No Evo for Canada this time around. Bumper restrictions:

"Mr. Gagnon says that Canada will have to wait for the exotic EVO Lancer. That rally-bred Mitsubishi super-car will be seen on the roads of PlayStation 2's Gran Turismo 3 or in the US. But not here, not yet. The American market gets 6000 of the desirable high-performance EVO 8s.

"It's mainly the bumper standards in Canada," says Mr. Gagnon. "The low volume of EVO sales in Canada wouldn't warrant the redesign expense at this point. We'll probably have to wait until the next redesign, when the car will be built for full North American compliance."

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/021024-1.htm
But he also said that the redesign will be coming in Aug 2003 to N.A. so hopefully it won't be much longer after that.

Please read this thread about it: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&threadid=9632
Old Dec 13, 2002, 09:49 PM

I heard rumor that was going to be building them out of dodge plant using a different engine later on when they convert the evos over to the N/A market permanently. If they use the eco engine, that is going to suck big time! I really hope doesn't screw this up. They should be able to look at what happend to mazda and nissan when they pulled the RX-7 and Z. Now both companies are bringing them back. I guess what i'm really getting at is i hope they give us a chance at the euro style evo before someone kills it. Anybody heard this rumor or knows better? I also think it will be close to the WRX price tag since that is in direct competition....plus Scooby has had a bit of a lead on them since they've been around a little longer in Can.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 12:38 AM

I also don't know what Gagnon is talking about....ask any dealer which car they sell the most of and they are going to say lancer.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

My Mitsubishi dealer in Kelowna is still saying Canada is getting the Evos the same time as the U.S. I wish!
Old Jan 13, 2003, 09:04 PM

so...wut does he mean by the "redisgn" EVO 9?! or it's just a brand new car with turbo and AWD?!
and is it this summer!?
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:42 PM

so has anything been heard yet about the Evo coming out here?
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:19 AM

where oh where has my evo 8 gone

Well according to the dealership in the Edmonton Alberta area said we should see the EVO8 this spring and has already pre-ordered 3 of them. Yes I am shure we all cant wait for the expensive Lancer to come to the great white north, but expensive might not be the right term. Due to the 50 new dealerships in Canada yes 50 and the new cars in the Canadian market with a brand name that makes most say, "umm dont they just make tv's and stuff like thats." The prices of the cars are set lower!!! Lets just call it a nice big hi there come on in and buy from the new dealer that nobody knows anything about and yes we make damn good cars. But expect the prices to be abit higher in the coming years with the flood of sales for the Mitsubishi lines. So if your going to get a Lancer get the good one not a watered down version.

But as for the price no I wouldnt go spouting out 40 large or anything like that at all. I would say under 32 from what I have been hearing, yup under 32 so why go spending 20 large or abit more for a spiced up oz model thats just the es with a few fixins. Heck just wait awhile and spend afew more $$ and I mean only a few more and get the big gun.

Just my rant on the whole thing....

-=0-60 under 5=- OMFG my old Cobra did it in 6 and had only 2 doors, no leg room, and a gas guzzlin v8

Quick Reply: Evo VII/VIII to be sold in Canada?