Moving to AB soon. - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Moving to AB soon.

Old Sep 26, 2017, 05:28 PM   #1

Drives: 06 GG SE

Moving to AB soon.

Hey all, I see this part of the forum is a bit dead, lol.

I'm from Texas but moving to Edmonton soon. I no longer have my evo and have a fwd car. I would feel much safer in the snow in an awd car and the only vehicle I like (and is affordable) is an evo. So I'm looking at selling my current car and getting into another ix. I only want to have one vehicle.

I just wanted your thoughts on daily driving your evo throughout the seasons? Since I've never lived in a snowy region. Thanks!

-Tiff

Old Oct 12, 2017, 07:57 PM   #2
Evolved Member

Drives: 06 Evo MR - Self Tuned // 2000 Toyota Aristo V300 (2J Powa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFFRESH View Post
Hey all, I see this part of the forum is a bit dead, lol.

I'm from Texas but moving to Edmonton soon. I no longer have my evo and have a fwd car. I would feel much safer in the snow in an awd car and the only vehicle I like (and is affordable) is an evo. So I'm looking at selling my current car and getting into another ix. I only want to have one vehicle.

I just wanted your thoughts on daily driving your evo throughout the seasons? Since I've never lived in a snowy region. Thanks!

-Tiff
This part of the forum is super dead lol. If you have any questions climate related or whatever, just PM me. The salt can be very hard on your car during the winter, although Edmonton has pretty mild winters so you should be fairly safe in that regard. Just ensure you get a good undercoat applied to the car, get a block/oil pan heater, and make sure you have the correct antifreeze in the car. Other then that, you should be good!