Notices

MONTREAL MEET - Sept. 5th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we got rooms in Laval. Motel Chomedey Inn on 590 Boul Curé-Labelle.

The guy at the front desk said it's only 15 minutes from St. Eustache.

So where do we all meet before we go to the show?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you guys have a tent, you can always get a camp ground. It would cost you around 30$ per ground and you're allowed to 2 tents and 4 people per ground. Do the math and that's hella cheaper than a Hotel room.

My campground is about 25 minutes from the Show.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Aight guys... many things to say... I'll try to make it brief:

Hotel: I know I drive kinda fast but Longueuil is around 45 minutes from the autodrome with no traffic. If you guys plan to pass the weekend in MTL and chill downtown, the days inn is not a bad idea.

Kayaalp at the show: He's not sure yet, he might need his car for the day and doesn't feel confy about letting the car at the show without supervision.

Dealership: Mitsubishi Boucherville might be interested in sponsorship as they are seeking to develop their aftermarket department (is that the right expression?). I have a meeting with the owner this week, yet it has to be scheduled.

Meet before the show (for those exposing) *IMPORTANT*: I think it's important we meet before the show because we need to group up together to expose. Laval might be the best place. What we need to do is wait for the outside peeps to book their hotel and meet near of that place. It is essential that we meet before we go, as Davelancer said.

- Pete
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Pete MTL
Meet before the show (for those exposing) *IMPORTANT*: I think it's important we meet before the show because we need to group up together to expose. Laval might be the best place. What we need to do is wait for the outside peeps to book their hotel and meet near of that place. It is essential that we meet before we go, as Davelancer said.
That or we can meet where we held the previous Montreal meet, which was in the Canadian Tire parking Lot in DDO. If I'm not mistaken it's a minutes away from the Autodrome
Old Aug 31, 2004, 01:41 PM

Everything's good to go!

Hi to every Mitsufreak in Montreal!

The three RED Lancers from Toronto will be ready to roll, yes all the owners of these Lancers are Mitsufreaks too. I guess we'll be rocking in the highways going there. We'll paint the roads red! We will be leaving Mississauga at 6 a.m. Saturday hoping we'll be there lunch time or earlier. We'll probably drop-off our baggages in the hotel then just try to check-in early (regular check-in will be at 4 p.m.). We can still do a mini-meet at night if you guys are o.k. with it. Any suggestions where we can take our families on that Saturday afternoon? At night, we're planning a couple of drinks (thanks to Dennis' Crown Royal + Single Malt Scotch Whisky) before going to bed, so you guys are welcome to join us.

On Sunday, we're planning to clean (2-3 hours) our cars very early in the morning, then roll to the meeting place before we go to the show. I'll probably get a rental car for my wife and kids (plus Dennis' kids) for them to be able to move around Montreal that Sunday afternoon. After the show, we can meet up with the other guys on the original meeting place. Night time, we can still plan something.

Monday, we leave right after lunch.

Thanks in advance to all our Mitsu buddies out there! See you all soon!

jing g.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by DEVILScarRED
At night, we're planning a couple of drinks (thanks to Dennis' Crown Royal + Single Malt Scotch Whisky) before going to bed, so you guys are welcome to join us.

On Sunday, we're planning to clean (2-3 hours) our cars very early in the morning, then roll to the meeting place before we go to the show. I'll probably get a rental car for my wife and kids (plus Dennis' kids) for them to be able to move around Montreal that Sunday afternoon. After the show, we can meet up with the other guys on the original meeting place. Night time, we can still plan something.

jing g.
My single malt and crown royale? Ok but that would be fun waking up early and trying to clean your car.

pete, we have our hotel/motel in laval.
Motel Chomedey Inn
590 Boul Curé-Labelle
Laval, QC
H7V 2T6

We could perhaps meet somewhere close to this before going to the show. as front desk said it is 15 minutes from St. Eustache. I don't know what's in the area but if there is a Tim Hortons or Krispy Kreme or something with a huge lot....unless Blaze's suggestion is closer. With us getting there earlier, it makes planning where to meet a lot easier.

and yay to you for talking to that dealership for sponsorhsip. Good luck.

Guys, don't forget about the other people that are not joining the show but are meeting you at 753, Arthur-Sauvé Saint-Eustache, Qc , the address on the flyer.

and should Evom goes down again (knock on wood) please keep posting on the www.mitsubishicarclubcanada.com site.

just my suggestions
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:55 AM

1) Jing
2) Bong
3) Dennis
4) Davelancer
5) Evo Pete
6) Blaze_125
7) Kayaalp (yes, the Evo is in)
8) Mitsubishi 03 (keep them coming)
9)
10)

Above is the list of people joining the show.
Let's show them that Mitsubishi is here.

davelancer and/or workz. I need to coordinate the meeting place with you guys.
please e-mail me dsunga@thenuancegroup.com. cell : 416-875-9180

thanks
Dennis

Last edited by GreenArcher; Sep 1, 2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 07:13 PM

GreenArcher, don't forget Mitsubishi_03 (Erik)!

I _might_ be enlisting.. check your PMs... Are there any guys from the east part (WoRkZ, wild_child and friends) who will be enlisting theirs? Also, we need cars to drive back and forth between the show and the meet.. If we all enlist our cars, who's going to the Metro to meet the other guys? :-/ Also, if we do come with this many cars, I think we should contact the organizers and let them know.. no? (I didn't plan on entering so I really haven't checked all those details..)

fluke
Old Sep 1, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

Honestly, between all the guys who aren't sure if they should enter, the one car I really wish was in the show is Wild_Child's RallyArt! Some might like it, others might not... but I'm sure it wouldn't let anybody indifferent!

-
Old Sep 1, 2004, 07:50 PM

Look guys, it's too much work for me to get the car ready for the show, and the fact that I'm basically stock would be.. embarassing. I'll be joining your next year if I have some of my projected mods done at that point.. For this year though, I'll concentrate on helping you guys having your cars ready, and doing the shuttle between the different locations during the day..

antoine
Old Sep 1, 2004, 08:01 PM

ok. It's alright Fluke. Thanks for even re-considering your decision.

Next year, you'll have the baddest red OZ. Brake upgrade, turbo, 17 in alloy.

Sorry for putting pressure on you, Fluke. I'm just being a cheerleader.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 08:05 PM

Hehe no prob.. Just don't get your hopes too high! I don't think I'll realistically be able to do both the big brakes upgrade and rear disc conversion AND wheels AND turbo (AND my ICE project) all for next year's shows.. :-/ eh.. Also, what makes you think it'll still be red?! (That kaminari orange looks good...) ahahah

fluke
Old Sep 1, 2004, 08:05 PM

As per organizers

Hi Blaze!

Here's what transpired on our last phone conversation with the organizers.

It was actually one of my colleagues who called them up for me (I don't speak French, sorry). I guess my interpreter was a good negotiator. They said to look for Mr. Collette and ask for a club discount (that's MCCC and extra tickets too). We said between 5 to 10 cars to join the "Show and Shine". In the end, they thanked us for driving all the way from Toronto for the show.

I'm about to fax them right now on a temporary list on who's joining and the cars.

That's about it, thanks!

jing
Old Sep 1, 2004, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by flukester
Also, what makes you think it'll still be red?! (That kaminari orange looks good...) ahahah

fluke

to quote cih, "Do it"

Old Sep 1, 2004, 08:38 PM

I'll probably get something nice done with the paint in a couple years. really no idea on the color yet though.. Maybe something more subtle than bright orange though... (although I'd really like to see a lancer with this exact orange paint AND the bodykit)

OK, back on topic.. Do we have news about deuxforever13 for this weekend? I think he said he was going to Toronto for a wedding or something.. ?

fluke

Quick Reply: MONTREAL MEET - Sept. 5th