Notices

Closed Loop Fueling Target HELP AccessTuner Race

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Closed Loop Fueling Target HELP AccessTuner Race

I am wondering what these low, mid, and high closed loop tables really mean and what do they alter? Basically I am trying to get my cruise to stay at 17:1 on E85 and I don't know what in the world to modify to get it to stay there. I have tried everything but the ECU corrects the fuel right back to 15:1 or so. Are these tables of use to me? If not what do I need to do, thanks!

PS- I am not trying to add additional hardware to achieve this cruise, as I am using AEM UEGO already which I don't believe you can simulate a narrowband O2 output voltage.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

you cannot do this in ATR
there is no reason to cruise @17:1 (ill assume you mean GAS AFR)
Old May 17, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedspra
I am wondering what these low, mid, and high closed loop tables really mean and what do they alter? Basically I am trying to get my cruise to stay at 17:1 on E85 and I don't know what in the world to modify to get it to stay there. I have tried everything but the ECU corrects the fuel right back to 15:1 or so. Are these tables of use to me? If not what do I need to do, thanks!

PS- I am not trying to add additional hardware to achieve this cruise, as I am using AEM UEGO already which I don't believe you can simulate a narrowband O2 output voltage.
You will always reach lambda = 1 at closed loop unless you someway change the lambda signal (like based on WB emulation) or max out fuel trims, which will be indicated with SES light.
Old May 17, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Closed Loop uses the Stock Front O2 sensor. That sensor is a narrow band sensor and can only read values around Stoich. You won't be able to get the ECU to run that AFR in Closed Loop. You can do it in Open Loop if you want.

The Low, Mid and High trims are simply 3 trims the ECU uses to remember where Stoich is in different Maf Hz ranges. Low is used for idle and is commonly known as LTFT_Idle. Mid is used for all the rest of your Closed Loop operations and is commonly known as LTFT_Cruise. High is currently unused by the ECU.

The Cobb AP logs LTFT_InUse, which is which ever one of these 3 trims that the ECU is currently using.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:57 PM

okay, so I could use the output voltage from my AEM Wideband. I know none of the calibrations for the output voltage will work perfectly but is there a way to use one of these calibrations, modify the voltage through resistors, etc. to fool the ECU into thinking 17:1 is stoich? If this is possible, where do I even start? I would prefer not to run in open loop during cruise and use the closed-loop feedback. Thanks.
Old May 19, 2011, 01:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedspra
okay, so I could use the output voltage from my AEM Wideband. I know none of the calibrations for the output voltage will work perfectly but is there a way to use one of these calibrations, modify the voltage through resistors, etc. to fool the ECU into thinking 17:1 is stoich? If this is possible, where do I even start? I would prefer not to run in open loop during cruise and use the closed-loop feedback. Thanks.
If your WB supports NB simulation, you can use it, but oscilation must be between 0,6 and 1,6V, as Evo X uses offset valtage. Runing AFR 17 on gas is nonsense, ideal mixture for fuel efficiency is AFR 16. With 17 you will loose power as well as efficiency on standard engine.
Old May 19, 2011, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Just modify the open loop tables and force it to run open loop by the time you get to the area you want to tune to run 17:1 or whatever afr you want.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:36 PM

i have accesstuner race. on my aem wideband im showing 10.0 at WOT 93octane stage 2 tuned.. in the low detonation open looped fuel table do i increase the numbers or decrease to lean it out some.. would like to be around 11.8-12.1

on the table if you go to increase it actually lowers the number on the chart.. so would this be increasing the air flow i take it. and would i do the whole chart all rpms and boost load or just certain ones matter? thanks

Last edited by dbeck_01; Sep 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM.