Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

how to (11's)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to (11's)

I know this is sort of a broad question but what will it take to get into the 11's. I have an MR (US) and I would still like to drive the car everyday. Whats the common setup?
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very simple proven way to the 11's. Our Stage 3 package plus a fuel pump upgrade will get the car there and many have done it on pump gas.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Is there anyother way??
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Is there anyother way??
Yes there is...!!
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went a different route but just out of curiosity...how much IS that Stage 3?
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PM me and I will give you a list of parts. I can get you there for less than 2K dollars. Don't buy an expensive package of parts. Yikes!
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget there's lazy people out there EVOTEXAS, hehe.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very simple proven way to the 11's. Our Stage 3 package plus a fuel pump upgrade will get the car there and many have done it on pump gas.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Heh, I can vouch for that bit of advice..
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Stage 3 package is $3360 for all of it. The kit does more than just adds the minimal stuff you need to push an EVO into the 11's. Also looses some weight from the car and makes it look a ton better under the hood. It also does it safely.

Hell I can probably put an EVO in the 11's for under a $1,000 if the stock clutch would hold up. It would look like half the hacked up messes I see customers dragging in here to get done right after they realize their new car now sucks.

The parts included in our Stage 3 are:
BR air filter -4.1 #'s
BR full 3" turboback exhaust, mandrel bent SS. -37 #'s
BR lightweight batterkit. -20#'s
BR reflash of ECU
Boost gauge and mount
BR upper i/c pipe and BOV, mandrel bent polished SS
BR MAS pipe, mandrel bent polished SS
BR Deluxe or standard FMIC kit
HKS camshafts
Fuel pump upgrade
BR manual boost controller

As you can see there are a lot of parts in the Stage 3. Under hood looks great after you get all the factory junk out of it. The car also looses 61 pounds of weight. Drop the spare tire and jack out while you are racing and you will be way under 100 pounds lighter, 108 to be exact.

There are cheaper ways to throw something together but is that what you really want to do for a $30,000 car? If so let me know, I can do that for you too.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Throwing things together is one way, figuring it out yourself is another. I've seen some interesting quality parts with a Buschur label on them so keep your snide remarks about the DIYer to yourself.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Wasn't directing snide remarks towards you, if I was I would have said something like, "Just because I didn't say it was a package put together by Mark French makes it not a good idea?"

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if you were interested in losing weight i wonder why you'd do your charge pipes in stainless steel.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Wasn't directing snide remarks towards you, if I was I would have said something like, "Just because I didn't say it was a package put together by Mark French makes it not a good idea?"

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
All Mark put together on my car was the ECU map.

I've raced NHRA and IHRA for 10 years and karts before that. I know a bit about making air and fuel go through a motor. It's just these new fangled electronic contraptions got me all confuseded. I have no laptop tuning experience, that's all. David, I'll go head to head with you making a car go fast anyday. No rules to induction, etc. Forget this FI 2.0 stuff. I just like the AWD.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

EFIxMR,

Glad you asked that question. Our intercooler plumbing kit is the same weight as the stock parts. The SS tubing we use we use for a few reasons, #1 it is very light weight stainless, #2 polished SS holds its shine for years, aluminum will dull very quickly and #3 the polished SS also reflects engine heat keeping the charge temps in the tubing lower.

EVOTexas,

You must think the only cars I own or work on are 4g63's. Unlike most of the other "tuners" in this industry I own MANY different cars. I have 2 turbo Regals, three different naturally aspirated performance V8's old school carburated, LS1 etc. You name the car and let's have a competition. There is going to be big money involved, so how much of bet would you like to put on whatever this build is you think you can beat me at?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

EVOTexas,

You must think the only cars I own or work on are 4g63's. Unlike most of the other "tuners" in this industry I own MANY different cars. I have 2 turbo Regals, three different naturally aspirated performance V8's old school carburated, LS1 etc. You name the car and let's have a competition. There is going to be big money involved, so how much of bet would you like to put on whatever this build is you think you can beat me at?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
No I don't think that the only thing you work on are 4G63's but you should realize that same fact that not everyone here is a newbie trying to learn how a turbo spins. So you turn the wrenches and I'll turn the wheel.

Quick Reply: how to (11's)