Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Cobra's are overrated

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my 2 cents
I would have to say that cobras are a great car along with c6 zo6, and f-bodys. I had a f-body and personally think that it takes no brain power to build one. LT-Headers and exhaust and i dynoed at 353whp. Us evo guys get our kicks out of doing with little and getting somewhere. Not once did anyone say we were at all faster or easier to modify. Some people like to get big number quick and easy those should buy a cobra or of that nature. Those who like the thrill of using there head to build a car and use technology instead of muscle those should buy a evo or of that nature. This is my 2 cents and i think they are both great cars but i think the pleasure for me would be beating a cobra in a lil evo then to beat a evo in a big, bad cobra.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
Here you go, compare an Evo to a cobra with similiar driver skills at Sebring, or any race course (not drag strip) for that manner. You know what the results would be
I think the race prepped cobra wins over the stock evo on a road course with skilled drivers.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 05SilverEvoVIII
Just my 2 cents
I would have to say that cobras are a great car along with c6 zo6, and f-bodys. I had a f-body and personally think that it takes no brain power to build one. LT-Headers and exhaust and i dynoed at 353whp. Us evo guys get our kicks out of doing with little and getting somewhere. Not once did anyone say we were at all faster or easier to modify. Some people like to get big number quick and easy those should buy a cobra or of that nature. Those who like the thrill of using there head to build a car and use technology instead of muscle those should buy a evo or of that nature. This is my 2 cents and i think they are both great cars but i think the pleasure for me would be beating a cobra in a lil evo then to beat a evo in a big, bad cobra.
Well put.Did anyone even mention that we (evo owners) also have a USEABLE back seat and a car that will transport 4 adults,with confort Oh,and did we mention that we can Drive our cars Year round,even with snow on the ground Lets see you do that in those Big Bad Cobras.Oh,and lastly,the evo is made in Japan where Quality is actually Job 1,not as the union built,american cars pretensious Motto is.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo

Yes cobras are sligtlywhat is sligtly?? lol j/k faster accelerating cars than evos, but the above satirical comparison was not stressing that topic. I was just pointing out some facts about the cobra.

Here you go, compare an Evo to a cobra with similiar driver skills at Sebring, or any race course (not drag strip) for that manner. You know what the results would be.
you are funny. I like you cause you are actually cool and not some **** kid.

I totally respect your opinion and am not going to get into an arguement....but the Cobra (not mustang) is very well crafted.

Like I said, I love EVO's....but you are comparing apples to oranges.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 98Snake03
you are funny. I like you cause you are actually cool and not some **** kid.

I totally respect your opinion and am not going to get into an arguement....but the Cobra (not mustang) is very well crafted.

Like I said, I love EVO's....but you are comparing apples to oranges.
you mean pears to strawberries
Old Dec 2, 2005, 03:15 PM

grapes to watermeon.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
we can Drive our cars Year round,even with snow on the ground Lets see you do that in those Big Bad Cobras.Oh,and lastly,the evo is made in Japan where Quality is actually Job 1,not as the union built,american cars pretensious Motto is.
Just to let you know....my 03' Cobra making 390 whp was better in the snow that my EVO was when they both had the stock tires on it.

Quality and Mitsubishi should not go in the same sentence. The paint on these cars suck my a$$ and the interior is almost just as bad as the Cobra. I work for Ford and weather you want to believe it or not quality is JOB #1 when we build cars and trucks.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
Just to let you know....my 03' Cobra making 390 whp was better in the snow that my EVO was when they both had the stock tires on it.

Quality and Mitsubishi should not go in the same sentence. The paint on these cars suck my a$$ and the interior is almost just as bad as the Cobra. I work for Ford and weather you want to believe it or not quality is JOB #1 when we build cars and trucks.
I don't disagree on the Mitsu quality, but how can you say that quality is Job #1 for Ford with a straight face? Just as a blatant example, go wath the Top Gear episode with the Lightning. The Lightning is fast...and looks cool...but the "quality" of the build is atrocious by modern standards. Americans don't care, though, so they just by their Fords and move along nicely...
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not about to read this whole thread, but I will say if you don't like the Cobra for what it is then your not a car enthusiasts.

I really like 03+ Cobra's and for the money they are fun to mod just as much as any other car. They sound great with the right exhaust and with the *right* mods installed for a few thousand dollars you can extract a good bit of power.

.....BUT, IMO the above statement about your RWD 390hp Cobra handling better in the snow than your Evo just discredited you from making any more comments about cars. You can't possibly be serious.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
....BUT, IMO the above statement about your RWD 390hp Cobra handling better in the snow than your Evo just discredited you from making any more comments about cars. You can't possibly be serious.
Read my post a bit more carefully. I said with the stock Advans on my EVO the Cobra did better in the snow. There is no joking about it.

The first winter I had my EVO I thought it had AWD and it couldn't be bad. I was wrong. I slid in the middle of a intersection while trying to stop, slid off a on ramp down in the grass, while making a turn in my neighborhood the rear end came out and I almost took out a brick mailbox. I wasn't driving like a retard or trying to play in the snow. The car completely sucked in the snow with the Advans on to where I KNOW FOR A FACT my Cobra was better in the snow. Both cars were driven without getting into boost all time while driving in the snow. Never one time did I TRY to do anyhting stupid.

Now that I have some All Seasons on my EVO it's a different ball game. My EVO does better.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

with all the members having similar problems in the snow due to the stock advan's inability to grip, i'll have to acquiesce with corey. it is believable that a rwd car with better or all-season tires will handle better than an awd car w/ summer or dry tires in the snow. even statistically with the many mishaps recently occurring to our members on this board it's fathomable to think that the evo's stock trim sucks in cold climates, much less icy or snowy conditions.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 06:55 AM
Account Disabled

Anyone,and I mean anyone who would intentionally drive the evo in the snow with the stock Advans on it deserves what they get,period.....Do you know how tires are rated?If you do then you would be very FOOLISH to even attempt to drive the evo in the snow with them on.You can put studded snows on your cobra,with tire chains and I will drive circles around you with just a set of mud/snow tires.Even with studded snows and tire chains I would love to see a Cobra even attempt taking off from a Stop,on a slight uphill,say a 1% grade.
As far as you,building Fords and making quality Job #1,it is no wonder that they are failing So and producing such P.O.S. cars.Hell,a good friend and neighbor of mine works on the quality cars that you produce in a Ford Dealer and makes $120k+ each year,working only 40 hours a week,never a weekend or past 4:30pm and says for you to keep producing those Quality vehicles,because if Ford did produce quality he would have to live a different lifestyle
It is sad when a Japanesse Auto Manufacture who has only been in the Auto business for 50 years and only has sent cars to U.S.A. for 40 of those years bumps Ford out of the #2 spot of sales and quality and is Gunning for G.M. to be the #1 best selling auto manfacture in the U.S.A. Yes,thats right,you guessed it,TOYOTA..... Even Mitsubishi,with their poor sales and all the problems that they have Still builds a better vehicle then Ford,SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Anyone,and I mean anyone who would intentionally drive the evo in the snow with the stock Advans on it deserves what they get,period.....Do you know how tires are rated?If you do then you would be very FOOLISH to even attempt to drive the evo in the snow with them on.You can put studded snows on your cobra,with tire chains and I will drive circles around you with just a set of mud/snow tires.Even with studded snows and tire chains I would love to see a Cobra even attempt taking off from a Stop,on a slight uphill,say a 1% grade.

As far as you,building Fords and making quality Job #1,it is no wonder that they are failing So and producing such P.O.S. cars.Hell,a good friend and neighbor of mine works on the quality cars that you produce in a Ford Dealer and makes $120k+ each year,working only 40 hours a week,never a weekend or past 4:30pm and says for you to keep producing those Quality vehicles,because if Ford did produce quality he would have to live a different lifestyle

It is sad when a Japanesse Auto Manufacture who has only been in the Auto business for 50 years and only has sent cars to U.S.A. for 40 of those years bumps Ford out of the #2 spot of sales and quality and is Gunning for G.M. to be the #1 best selling auto manfacture in the U.S.A. Yes,thats right,you guessed it,TOYOTA..... Even Mitsubishi,with their poor sales and all the problems that they have Still builds a better vehicle then Ford,SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't lecture me about driving my car in the snow. I made a mistake and was lucky enough not to damage my car. I've had all seasons on my car for the past 2 winters so I learned my leasson. It's funny to see people get butthurt about somoenes opinion. The thing is, its not a opinion. It a fact that with stock tires on both cars the Cobra does better in the snow.....PERIOD. I figured if my Cobra wasn't bad the EVO shouldn't be bad.

The funny thing is most of you never had driven a Cobra and will sit here and bash it cause of the nameplate. THere are alot of narrowminded people on here. There are just as good and better cars than the all mighty EVO. GOD FORBID ANOTHER CAR TO DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE EVO!!!!. THis whole thread people have made good points about the Cobra and some people resort to lame *** comments like:

1. "well my car does better in the snow"
2. "I can fit 4 adults in my car and have the all be comfortable."
3. "If I put studded tires on my car it will run circles around the Cobra."
4. "put both cars on a road course and see what car is faster."
5. "well since your car is faster our quality is better."

Number 5 sounds like a Subaru comment. These things obviously don't bother the Cobra guys or they wouldn't have bought the car.

Don't try to knock my work ethic either. I do my job the way it should be done 4 days a week and 10 hours a day. The line is stopped when its needed to be and I'll repair what has to be done. NOTHING gets out of my area messed up without being repaired or written up for the repair man to fix. I do my just just like it should be from the first truck to the 300th truck of the night. If our quality is as bad as you say it is we wouldn't have a order bank of almost 70,000 trucks this month.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who freaking cares what car can drive around what car in the stupid snow!!!!!! OOOohhhh guys let's go race in the freaking snow what a blast.

Hearing EVO owners always throw up the "I'll beat em in the rain" or "let's take it on a rally man" just concede sometimes...some cars are better than a EVO at certain things, so what!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Who freaking cares what car can drive around what car in the stupid snow!!!!!! OOOohhhh guys let's go race in the freaking snow what a blast.

Hearing EVO owners always throw up the "I'll beat em in the rain" or "let's take it on a rally man" just concede sometimes...some cars are better than a EVO at certain things, so what!
Thank you....

Quick Reply: Cobra's are overrated