Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Cobra's are overrated

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobra's are bad cars....don't be a hater.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
No I build these trucks you jacka$$. The reason I call you a jacka$$ is because a diesel doesn't exist in a F-150. It's my jobs to build the vehicles. I don't hear anything about recalls unless theya re on the news or in the paper. You can dig up all the recalls you want on Ford vehicles, but at least they announce them. I had to take my damn car into the delaership for a oil change before I knew there were two recalls on my EVO.

My family drives:

03' Escape - wheel bearing went bad
00' F-150 - zero problems
03' Ranger 4X4 - zero problems
03' Escape - zero problems
04' F-250 - lower rad. hose came loose
03' Explorer - zero problems

My whole point is you people act like Ford is the ONLY company that has problems and has recalls. Ford is always the one that is on the front page of the paper or the top story when something happens. Toyota has had recalls and it a sitty bitty article in the back page of the Business section. The media is the main reason for this, but to me it seems no matter how much people throw Ford throught he mud they always seem to sell alot of vehicles.

In the order bank there are some Fleet truck that go down the like, but at least 80% are trucks that are going to the public. In one shift we build about 750 trucks. Back in June or July Ford set a sales record for the most vehicles sold ina month. It topped over a 190,000 cars and trucks sold for the month. That beat the previous record set by......Ford.
Read my f**king post it says diesel all the way to f150 i dont know if you should be working on any car let alone fords seeing as how you cant read a simple post.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:58 PM

Cobra's overrated lol AHHA that has to be the funniest topic ever lol.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 05:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Corey
Wow you know someone that had a problem with a truck? Look around, your surrounded by people on here that have had problems with thier EVO's. Syncrhos and clutch's are part of the powertrain so lets not go there....thanks.

Yes....I get a profit sharing check, but it is up to Ford to "share" thier profit with the Ford employees. I take pride in my jobs because I know that truck is leaving my area done 100% the right way. I can't help if someone else screws up, but it happens everywhere. Do you honestly think that Japanese people are not capable of making a human error? Gimme a break. Humans make mistakes. I actually had a supervisor that worked for Toyota at the Camry plant and he said they did basically the same thing. They had a team leader for every 7 people that were on the line. We have a teamleader for every 8. Manufactures are all out for money. If they weren't then they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.
Well I truly have to say,I feel sorry for you,not being an #sshole or anything,it is sincere I saw the finanical report on Wed. and it shows Ford has Lost $2,000,000,000 so far this year,sales down 19% from a year ago and the possible closing of 7 plants in U.S. and layoff of over 30,000,man I hope you are
not one of those people.Hearing that type of news just before the holidays SUCKS. We can all joke around about how bad Fords quality is and everything else,but when that many people lose their jobs,here in America,it makes me feel fortunate to be working for Toyota.
I hope for your sake you wont be one of those to lose you job from all this because even though I do not know you I can tell by your posts that you Actually take your job serious enough and pride in it to become offended when someone posts how #hitty the quality is in a Ford product.If ford had more people like you working for them,maybe they wouldn't be in the position that they are in right now.Hope you have a Happy Holiday
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Well I truly have to say,I feel sorry for you,not being an #sshole or anything,it is sincere I saw the finanical report on Wed. and it shows Ford has Lost $2,000,000,000 so far this year,sales down 19% from a year ago and the possible closing of 7 plants in U.S. and layoff of over 30,000,man I hope you are
not one of those people.Hearing that type of news just before the holidays SUCKS. We can all joke around about how bad Fords quality is and everything else,but when that many people lose their jobs,here in America,it makes me feel fortunate to be working for Toyota.
I hope for your sake you wont be one of those to lose you job from all this because even though I do not know you I can tell by your posts that you Actually take your job serious enough and pride in it to become offended when someone posts how #hitty the quality is in a Ford product.If ford had more people like you working for them,maybe they wouldn't be in the position that they are in right now.Hope you have a Happy Holiday
I've already been laid off as of Nov. 4th. THis was three weeks after my first baby boy was born. That is why I'm being so defensive. My plant is Ford #1 plant in thier system woldwide. We make over 50% to 60% of thier profits. I build the Supt Duty trucks ranging from 250, 350, 450, and 550's.

The reason I was laid off was beacuse we stopped building the Excurion at the end of Sept. With the sales slowly going down on them they ended up building them on just day shift and milked it for as long as they could. Finally deciding to stop building them this past Sept. One other reason is because we have over 700 guys with 30 plus years in that won't get the hell out. I know of 3 on nightshift with 50 years.

As for the 30,000 people getting laid off and all those plants being closed from what I uderstand its all media talk right now. Ford is suppose to make some announcement by the end of Jan though. We have two plants within 20 miles from each other here in KY. My plant and the Explorer plant. There are soooo many rumors going around its not even funny. One is the Explorer plant is gonna close and we are gonna build them in our plant. Who Know?

I'm not a big union guy. Mainly because I don't do stuff to need them. I'm not one of these people thats always in trouble. The one thing I cannot stand is people that never want to come to work and the union fights for these people. I make $28 an hour and work 4 days a week. I don't see a problem with having to come in. I talked to a buddy of mine the other night and he said there were 6 people missing on our team and they didn't start up when they were supppose to. The people he named were people mostly that has a attendence problem.

I'm sorry if I came off like a$$hole, but I think I have a reason to defend myself. Toyota would be a better place for me to work because of not needing a union being I don't need it not being in trouble and don't abuse it. Unfortunately, the Camry plant is about 80 miles away from me in Lexington.

I'm taking this time to spend with my family and my newborn son. Me being laid off is the last on my mind right now. What's good about being union is on top of my unemployement I get sub pay and it comes to 95% of my pay. It's kinda like a paid vacation. They laid off 225 and I was 223 and I've been hearing with the trouble they are having starting up and al they might be calling some people back in Jan. If not, I get paid til Sept. of 2007 when the contract is up.

Our plant won't be closing. They are in the process of building new trim lines and other things back in body shop and the paint department. Everything is hush hush so I'm not sure if we are gonna get another product or not. With all these new lines going up, somoene is gonna have to work on them and right now they don't have enough people. The trim line is suppose to be up and running in April so that might be the time I go back.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mame Slaughter
Are you serious?? That sounds WAAAAAY low...

You guys are aware that there are many dofferent "sizes" right? From very basic kits for the guy who just wants a little something extra for not to much many to the dyno pegging race kits.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 09:16 AM

You are aware this thread is 3 months old?
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:34 AM

Let's not resurrect this garbage. 18 pages of haterade just cuz mame doesn't worship the almighty Cobra.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:14 AM

that punk ***** is lucky he declined my challenge to rerun.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by RiGGeR
Yeah, call him out 3 months later when noone knows where to find him. Brave man.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RiGGeR
Wow,you finally posted your 1st post,how ironic that you joined the day this thread started and finally got the Ba#ls to post.Bring that P.O.S. up here in the NorthEast,
I'll run you with my STOCK Evo,Name your price Partna............
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
please...................... he couldn't drive.......................... I took my buddies 03 cobra with,pulley, long tube headers and cat-back to 11.12 two years ago............. better than that I drove his excursion with a chip to a 13.50......... and it's a diesel !!
an excursion with a chip..................to 13.5...................I guess I was born yesterday, cause the last time I checked, all 7.3 power strokes are rev limited @94mph with or without a chip. My mommy has a one with banks chip, TBE, and aftermarket trans and there is no way that thing could run a 13.5. that's as fast as a bone stock evo VIII. I compared them side by side when I got mine, no way man, no way. No hard feelings, just my dumb two cents.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by turboDan
Wow,you finally posted your 1st post,how ironic that you joined the day this thread started and finally got the Ba#ls to post.Bring that P.O.S. up here in the NorthEast,
I'll run you with my STOCK Evo,Name your price Partna............
A little too convenient if you ask me. Good point.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

This thread is still open? Holy crap!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone please put to rest this thread before it wakes again.

Quick Reply: Cobra's are overrated