Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Cobra's are overrated

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbodan, defines builds a better vehicle? It's all relative, it's all business and in the end it's all about profits. There isn't a Toyota I would buy except a Lexust SC430. There is no Mitsubishi I would buy except a EVO. I would buy Ford truck or Cobra in a heartbeat like I said it's all relative.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
Turbodan, defines builds a better vehicle? It's all relative, it's all business and in the end it's all about profits. There isn't a Toyota I would buy except a Lexust SC430. There is no Mitsubishi I would buy except a EVO. I would buy Ford truck or Cobra in a heartbeat like I said it's all relative.
pulled the words right outta my mouth bro ... i still stand by my statement about u Evo owners being more down to earth (at least on this forum) then other brand specific forums.... cept for a few of you im not gonna mention their names
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I don't disagree on the Mitsu quality, but how can you say that quality is Job #1 for Ford with a straight face? Just as a blatant example, go wath the Top Gear episode with the Lightning. The Lightning is fast...and looks cool...but the "quality" of the build is atrocious by modern standards. Americans don't care, though, so they just by their Fords and move along nicely...
I agree 100% that mitsu quality is not number 1 but i am a auto tech at chevy and find myself working on fords all the time and quality is deff. not the #1 job they had the firestone problem and in the past have recalled more trucks then all the other companys put together.

Last edited by 05SilverEvoVIII; Dec 4, 2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Corey
Read my post a bit more carefully. I said with the stock Advans on my EVO the Cobra did better in the snow. There is no joking about it.

The first winter I had my EVO I thought it had AWD and it couldn't be bad. I was wrong. I slid in the middle of a intersection while trying to stop, slid off a on ramp down in the grass, while making a turn in my neighborhood the rear end came out and I almost took out a brick mailbox. I wasn't driving like a retard or trying to play in the snow. The car completely sucked in the snow with the Advans on to where I KNOW FOR A FACT my Cobra was better in the snow. Both cars were driven without getting into boost all time while driving in the snow. Never one time did I TRY to do anyhting stupid.

Now that I have some All Seasons on my EVO it's a different ball game. My EVO does better.
Learn to DRIVE before buying a 30 thousand dollar car
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Don't lecture me about driving my car in the snow. I made a mistake and was lucky enough not to damage my car. I've had all seasons on my car for the past 2 winters so I learned my leasson. It's funny to see people get butthurt about somoenes opinion. The thing is, its not a opinion. It a fact that with stock tires on both cars the Cobra does better in the snow.....PERIOD. I figured if my Cobra wasn't bad the EVO shouldn't be bad.

The funny thing is most of you never had driven a Cobra and will sit here and bash it cause of the nameplate. THere are alot of narrowminded people on here. There are just as good and better cars than the all mighty EVO. GOD FORBID ANOTHER CAR TO DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE EVO!!!!. THis whole thread people have made good points about the Cobra and some people resort to lame *** comments like:

1. "well my car does better in the snow"
2. "I can fit 4 adults in my car and have the all be comfortable."
3. "If I put studded tires on my car it will run circles around the Cobra."
4. "put both cars on a road course and see what car is faster."
5. "well since your car is faster our quality is better."

Number 5 sounds like a Subaru comment. These things obviously don't bother the Cobra guys or they wouldn't have bought the car.

Don't try to knock my work ethic either. I do my job the way it should be done 4 days a week and 10 hours a day. The line is stopped when its needed to be and I'll repair what has to be done. NOTHING gets out of my area messed up without being repaired or written up for the repair man to fix. I do my just just like it should be from the first truck to the 300th truck of the night. If our quality is as bad as you say it is we wouldn't have a order bank of almost 70,000 trucks this month.
probably they all ordered those trucks because this year you guys decided to recall all the 05's because there was one of the biggest mistakes made on them ever. I forgot what the recall was something about the wiring harness rubbing on the firewall i think. All i know is it was millions of trucks that were screwed up how is that quality.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05SilverEvoVIII
Learn to DRIVE before buying a 30 thousand dollar car
Quite being a a$$hole and understand I was on the stock tires. I don't care how good of a driver you "think" you are, if you have the Advans on your car in the snow you will have a close call sometime or another.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

probably they all ordered those trucks because this year you guys decided to recall all the 05's because there was one of the biggest mistakes made on them ever. I forgot what the recall was something about the wiring harness rubbing on the firewall i think. All i know is it was millions of trucks that were screwed up how is that quality.
Your gonna run your mouth about a recall and you can't even remember what it was? Do you even know which truck it was? As far as I know there wasn't any recalls on the Super Duty trucks. THere was a recall on the F-150 that my dad had to take his in for, but it was taken care of.

As for the Firestone incident. That was all Firestone not Ford. We don't make the tires. This goes back to what I said earlier about the vendors. Since this we don't use Firestone anymore.

You can talk all you want about quality, but we all drive Mitsu's on here. Mitsu's isn't in the spot they are in for making great reliable cars. Since I've had my EVO, I had two recalls on it. There are numerous TSB's on all the EVO's from 03' to 05'. I find it funny to hear about Ford qualtiy form a bunch of Mitus owners.

Last edited by Corey; Dec 4, 2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

I cant believe this thread is still going
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Your gonna run your mouth about a recall and you can't even remember what it was? Do you even know which truck it was? As far as I know there wasn't any recalls on the Super Duty trucks. THere was a recall on the F-150 that my dad had to take his in for, but it was taken care of.

As for the Firestone incident. That was all Firestone not Ford. We don't make the tires. This goes back to what I said earlier about the vendors. Since this we don't use Firestone anymore.

You can talk all you want about quality, but we all drive Mitsu's on here. Mitsu's isn't in the spot they are in for making great reliable cars. Since I've had my EVO, I had two recalls on it. There are numerous TSB's on all the EVO's from 03' to 05'. I find it funny to hear about Ford qualtiy form a bunch of Mitus owners.
Great job man you work on fords and dont know what the recall is, what are you the secretary of a dealership. The recall was on the diesel all the way to f150 and if you want me to search about the vehicles that you should know about i will just to prove a point that ford focuses no more on quality then mitsu. And just to tell you parked in my driveway is two fords right now and one runs, one needs a motor, so i have been around the block in ford vehicles and dont only know mitsu. and chevy.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

I would agree that the stock Advans on the Evo would perform more poorly on snow than the stock tire on the cobra. That's why mitsu put a sticker in the car stating not to run the Advans in snow! I know I had that sticker.

Anyhow, regarding recalls on Ford. At least Ford did the recalls, instead mitsu covered up all the defects.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jasil
" just concede sometimes...some cars are better than a EVO at certain things, so what!
Agreed 100%,the ford products blow all the rest of the manufactures away,when it comes to Braking.I have never seen such P.O.S. vehicles.Why do you think they have such a #hitty power train warranty,because they would go under in less than a year if they put a warranty on the power train that they would stand behind.......
I am not,nor have I ever stated that mitsu warranty is much better,but I own an 03 and have not had a problem yet having something major covered under warranty.
Hell,I know someone who had an 02 f150,head gaskets started leaking at 38,000 miles,(like that suprises anyone)Was told by Ford that it was 2k out of warranty and it would be a 15 hour Customer Paid job.He was smart enough to sell it and buy a Tundra and has been Happy ever since.He used to go on the Ford Truck Forums and hear all the horror storys of those owners and how they got #ucked.Now he goes on the Toyota Tundra forums and listen to people whine that the front bumpers are so expensive to replace when they get into accidents,WOW.I guess we should all go uut and buy Fords.The only reason that they got an order for 70,000 trucks is Fleet Sales as they are CHEAP.Like posted before,in America it is all about your,Your own bonus Check,making profit,any way possible,as long as you made your $$$,thats all that counts.The japanesse take such pride in what they make,when there is a problem their motto is "fix the problem,not the blame" where as in america all that matters is who is to Blame when something goes wrong and how much did I make when something goes right.You should pull your head out of your #ss and take a look at how different things are between the way Americans make automobiles and how the Japanesse Make them and you will see the difference in Pride vrs. $$$$$
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=turboDan]Agreed 100%,the ford products blow all the rest of the manufactures away,when it comes to Braking.

Actually Evos are better at Braking than Fords. Pun intended.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=IE Evo]
Originally Posted by turboDan
Agreed 100%,the ford products blow all the rest of the manufactures away,when it comes to Braking.

Actually Evos are better at Braking than Fords. Pun intended.
As far as "breaking", who knows , but when it was first tested, the Evo VIII was R&T's best braking car 60-0... ever.

"The braking prowess of the Evo is beyond exceptional. It set a new record from 60 mph, stopping in 108 ft. The Subaru, which uses a similar brake system — Brembo calipers on vented discs at both front and rear — also performed admirably, needing only 111 ft. to stop from 60 mph. (Our former champ was the Ferrari 360 Modena at 110 ft.) " -Road & Track, June 2003
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Great job man you work on fords and dont know what the recall is, what are you the secretary of a dealership. The recall was on the diesel all the way to f150 and if you want me to search about the vehicles that you should know about i will just to prove a point that ford focuses no more on quality then mitsu. And just to tell you parked in my driveway is two fords right now and one runs, one needs a motor, so i have been around the block in ford vehicles and dont only know mitsu. and chevy.
No I build these trucks you jacka$$. The reason I call you a jacka$$ is because a diesel doesn't exist in a F-150. It's my jobs to build the vehicles. I don't hear anything about recalls unless theya re on the news or in the paper. You can dig up all the recalls you want on Ford vehicles, but at least they announce them. I had to take my damn car into the delaership for a oil change before I knew there were two recalls on my EVO.

My family drives:

03' Escape - wheel bearing went bad
00' F-150 - zero problems
03' Ranger 4X4 - zero problems
03' Escape - zero problems
04' F-250 - lower rad. hose came loose
03' Explorer - zero problems

My whole point is you people act like Ford is the ONLY company that has problems and has recalls. Ford is always the one that is on the front page of the paper or the top story when something happens. Toyota has had recalls and it a sitty bitty article in the back page of the Business section. The media is the main reason for this, but to me it seems no matter how much people throw Ford throught he mud they always seem to sell alot of vehicles.

In the order bank there are some Fleet truck that go down the like, but at least 80% are trucks that are going to the public. In one shift we build about 750 trucks. Back in June or July Ford set a sales record for the most vehicles sold ina month. It topped over a 190,000 cars and trucks sold for the month. That beat the previous record set by......Ford.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Hell,I know someone who had an 02 f150,head gaskets started leaking at 38,000 miles,(like that suprises anyone)Was told by Ford that it was 2k out of warranty and it would be a 15 hour Customer Paid job.He was smart enough to sell it and buy a Tundra and has been Happy ever since.He used to go on the Ford Truck Forums and hear all the horror storys of those owners and how they got #ucked.Now he goes on the Toyota Tundra forums and listen to people whine that the front bumpers are so expensive to replace when they get into accidents,WOW.I guess we should all go uut and buy Fords.The only reason that they got an order for 70,000 trucks is Fleet Sales as they are CHEAP.Like posted before,in America it is all about your,Your own bonus Check,making profit,any way possible,as long as you made your $$$,thats all that counts.The japanesse take such pride in what they make,when there is a problem their motto is "fix the problem,not the blame" where as in america all that matters is who is to Blame when something goes wrong and how much did I make when something goes right.You should pull your head out of your #ss and take a look at how different things are between the way Americans make automobiles and how the Japanesse Make them and you will see the difference in Pride vrs. $$$$$
Wow you know someone that had a problem with a truck? Look around, your surrounded by people on here that have had problems with thier EVO's. Syncrhos and clutch's are part of the powertrain so lets not go there....thanks.

Yes....I get a profit sharing check, but it is up to Ford to "share" thier profit with the Ford employees. I take pride in my jobs because I know that truck is leaving my area done 100% the right way. I can't help if someone else screws up, but it happens everywhere. Do you honestly think that Japanese people are not capable of making a human error? Gimme a break. Humans make mistakes. I actually had a supervisor that worked for Toyota at the Camry plant and he said they did basically the same thing. They had a team leader for every 7 people that were on the line. We have a teamleader for every 8. Manufactures are all out for money. If they weren't then they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Quick Reply: Cobra's are overrated