Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

www.mustangboards.com Topic: Drag racing; Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Madison
those guys seem pretty reasonable to me. couple fanboys but nothing major.

Agreed!!!

-Nate
Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

I know that I haven't met them all around here, But I have yet to meet a Mustang I didn't take from a roll or in a dig.

But then I never tried a Cobra M while I was stock, except for from a stop either.

(there was this one Camero (either slightly modded or with some sport package that I played around with too much and he got me at the end of a gear, with him having a full head of steam (torque) ... just so you know that I know)

That was enough motivation to slap everything back on in a hurry, I had taken it back to stock to get some unrelated warranty work done and didn't want a hassel.

Mod's just changes everything though.

Hey .... if we drive Rice Burners and have "Ricers" as part of our "import" community,

does that mean they have Spud Wagons and are SpudHeads?

I mean doesn't that seem fair????

A Starch for a Starch ???

I dunno, never mind.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

They seem pretty worried about a heavily modded one, But it always comes down to the driver with alot of races. Seems like a knowlegdeable crowd.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
in my exp. i rarely hear of a stock GT beating a stock evo....but they talk like it happens everyday??? I JUST DONT GET IT
Old Jan 31, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I registered over there, and will drop my 2 cents
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

"most people who have evo's don't get killer 60' times. i get 1.80 on street tires and 1.70 on drag radials in my stang. Most evo's only get 1.90. I have ran one and he went a 13.40 @ 107 with a 1.98 60'. If you just dump the clutch on a evo you will not get a killer time. Those things make mph so on a roll on they are a beast. just my 2cents"

This is my favorite quote. Please tell me this idiot is being facetious.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

it was indeed entertaining. the fact that some of the guys were defending that hes not a "rice guy", i think hes has that rice-guy-envy. they kept on speaking of shooting shots. give me a damn geo metro with a few shots and i can beat any car. lol. pure ignorance.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I posted the vids of Chris' EVO smacking down on some modded cobras and Z06's

I'm curious to see how they'll respond
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

You gotta love how one of the guys knows about our MAF/Knock sensor sensitivity with factory ECU and their loud *** exhaust affecting it! That means he knows his ****e in depth!.... I guess its a knwon thing at car bowling events for Evo's to not run well against dragsters due to this knock issue

Quote from the Mustang board..."Make sure you're cammed with a good deal of lift and run open exhaust. The noise will pull timing and add fuel. Make sure you keep the racket consistant because the evo will recover in a second. If you keep it noisy long enough he will have to reset the battery to run the proper maps."
Old Jan 31, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm this one is funny
----------------------------------------------------

Whats all this hype about the EVO? I beat one when I was STOCK! Im sure he was a poor driver but he didnt miss a gear and I just pulled on him! The thing still had the temporary tag on it so it was bone stock.

I did race one spraying my 100 shot and it was a hard beating on the EVO. Made him feel like a girl! I say a 75 shot is enough to take on a bolt on evo with stock turbo.
UPR Offroad X Pipe
Flowmaster Cat Back Kit
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
NX Gen X2 kit
MIL's
Next Mods:
Custom Flip Chip
Wheels and Tires
Coilovers and K member
-----------------------------------------------------------

wow stock mustang gts beating up on evos
Old Feb 1, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You are going to find people that have different ideas of both cars, it really takes someone well educated to make good judgement.

Speedchannel tested two good cars at willow springs, they tested a STI vs a Mustang Cobra SC(390hp). The TV show edit the show to fix and cut the time lost when the Cobra spun in the track twice, one of the times it got off the track.

Evn when they did the 1/4 mile comparisson they got identical numbers 13.3 sec for both (103mph STI vs 108 mphCobra)

HP for HP the EvO simply crush the competition.

my .2c
Old Feb 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

I think for the most part they reacted in a very respectable way.... I used to be on the SVT forums and they were many that knew potential in imports.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 09:31 PM

Here is a beautiful story. There is a car club about 30 minutes away from my town that has nothing but V-8's (mostly alot of Z-28's, GT's, etc..all on nitrous). Anyways they all love to talk a lot of sh** about anything less than a V-8 and used to always say that there was no 4 cylinder in the world that would ever touch their cars (which leads to their ignorance). Well .....my friend knows them all pretty well so he set up a race between my little 4-cylinder and the leader of their crew who drives a built GT slicked out on a 150 shot (by no means your everyday mudstain). When I got there they were all making jokes and saying how it wasn't even gonna be a race; I am by no means a sh** talker so I generally just let people talk and let actions speak louder. He went through his whole pre-race routine of heating his bottle and even poured VHT down and did a big nasty burnout. So we raced in front of all his friends and I completely drug him by a good 6 cars with his girlfriend taping the whole thing) Well needless to say.......all the talking ceased and they even offered me a spot in their club obviously I declined (I just love broadening peoples minds and letting them know that 4 cylinders can be fast too) I do have to hand it to him though it was definetely a pretty fast GT (he said it runs 12.70's) and he launches that thing like a beast (I only pulled him by about a car out the hole......of course......he did use VHT.....but still) I thought ya'll might slightly appreciate that story.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, they think they are amazing because they can go fast in a straight line!

How about we take this argument to a track or autocross course and then they'll be like this..............

Anyways though, I wouldn't mind having a cobra but acting like those guys............I'd personally hate myself.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Almost everyone on the internet is ignorant. Its normal

Fast cars are about money and thats it. It doesnt matter if its a Viper or a Scion. With enough money either will win. Evos, for the price are a pretty good buy. A DSM will be better $ for $ spent. You buy one for a grand and dump 29 more into it and the Evo is gonna be a joke. But talking about brand new cars, there are very few that can compete with an Evo, stock vs stock for the same price range (If any).