Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

www.mustangboards.com Topic: Drag racing; Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mame Slaughter
Mame I find it interesting how you only use this name when people are talking about Cobras on here. I SMELL A TROLL
Old Feb 10, 2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by kingCOBRAsvt_99
903awhp

EDIT- AZURE thats tight that Al Pappito did your valve job .... he is the best so it seems for NA mod motors
He is by far

I wanted to get a VT short block, but they were backed up like 9 weeks and I needed a new engine. Dss took my block, stroked it, put in forged rods and pistons, tri metal rod bearings, etc,. I don't have dyno numbers yet because in all honesty the block is being shipped as we speak. Engine should be reassembled by end of next week if not Monday or Tuesday the week after. Then it's gotta go back in the car and be tuned. I'm looking at 2 more weeks. I'm also waiting for my valve covers to get back. They were shipped to Cali to be chromed
Old Feb 10, 2006, 01:13 PM

Oh and 903 AWHP is pretty impressive. How long until it goes boom? lol. There are several Cobra's that can beat that though. There are mod motors like ours in upwards of 1300 RWHP, but they're just as rare as the AMS Evo.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
The ones that make those claims will never have track times to back it up.

I saw a twin turbo mustang GT with over 800hp ($10,000 mods) that couldn't run better than 8.9 in the 1/8th - just would not go in a strait line. Then I run 8.023 with child seats, stock exhaust, while stopping by at the strip on may way home from work and it really confuses them.

The truth is the mustang GT, Mach, cobra, etc will never out perform an Evo and in the back of thier minds it sticks, when you see statements like "evos suck" your seeing denial. Even though the cobra was competative in acceleration in 03, it couldn't keep up in the turns, and to beat the evo with a ford takes a $100,000 GT supercar. The truth has been demonstrated numerous times in road test articles, but we all know that. Remember we're dealing with owners of budget sports cars built by a dying company suffering from corrupt union organizations.

Pretty narrow minded post, but it's you're opinion and you can say what you want. You should know by know that you cannot have a jack of all trades car! You do know that right? EVO's will not destoy all mustangs in a autox or a roadcourse it all depends on the pocket book. EVO's definately will not beat mustangs in drag in there ultimate form.

Both are well rounded vehicles it's easier to make a EVO a track car it's easier to make a mustang a drag car.

Look at John or Allen both know Chris both run substantially faster times than Chris at the track too. John has run 10.0's@138mph with 5K in the car and Allen has run 10.3's with the same amount of cash. No EVO will come close to that!!

It would take alot more money for a Cobra to hang with a EVO on a autox or roadcourse too though.

Good luck and I hope you were trying to be funny.

Last edited by Jasil; Feb 10, 2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 02:17 PM

Well said Jasil
Old Feb 10, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The reason I'm prejudice towards mustangs is that I'm jealous of the exhaust sound the new ones have. Despite outrunning them all the time, my car will allways sound like a 2 liter chain saw
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Jasil I disagree. With enough money you could make an Evo smoke any Stang just like a Stang smoking an Evo on a road course. The point of cars making over 900hp is that they become pure race cars and when do you stop considering them cars? Take Titans Celica of Scion or whatever that thing is... what does it have to do with its driveable car counterpart.... nothing. Make a RWD tubular Evo with gigantic slicks and run it on nitromethane... you could make it run 6's if you desired and had the cash. Once cars get to the point where they need 2 parachutes to pass tech it really doesnt have much to do with its streetdriven counterpart.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
The reason I'm prejudice towards mustangs is that I'm jealous of the exhaust sound the new ones have. Despite outrunning them all the time, my car will allways sound like a 2 liter chain saw
Just out of curiousity... what Mustang's are you beating when you're still running 8 second 1/8's? I mean, I'm jealous of the blow off valve sound turbo charged cars have too, but I still like smoking cars while still being NA
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

NA w/ N20...... lemme think there

Dont take offence but most people consider N20 the equivelent of a turbo... at least as far as racing goes. It is a power adder, same as a turbo or a blower.

And Rotaries sound like chainsaws, not 4 cylinders Get it right. If you think yours sounds bad try a v6... they sound ugly. A 4-cylinder turbo with a 4" exhaust thats half a foot long sounds pretty good if ya ask me
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

I just noticed you doint have the N20 yet... nevermind about that

And is a 8.0 1/8 good for you guys or bad.. I couldnt tell from your post.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Jasil I disagree. With enough money you could make an Evo smoke any Stang just like a Stang smoking an Evo on a road course. The point of cars making over 900hp is that they become pure race cars and when do you stop considering them cars? Take Titans Celica of Scion or whatever that thing is... what does it have to do with its driveable car counterpart.... nothing. Make a RWD tubular Evo with gigantic slicks and run it on nitromethane... you could make it run 6's if you desired and had the cash. Once cars get to the point where they need 2 parachutes to pass tech it really doesnt have much to do with its streetdriven counterpart.
You opened up the wrong can of worms here. There are NO 8 second EVO's that pass True stree in NHRA are there? Or that would pass and still be even partially competitive. Go look at all the mustangs that run the 30 mile city duty, no adjustments can be made, no popping the hood, no swapping tires, and still run low 8's@160mph ++ The current best time for a drag radialed mustang is 7.87@181mph...no tin can either. I could give you stats for days I'm talking about street/strip cars it's just the nature of the beast. Feel free to reply I'll post more links and numbers later tonight.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jasil, you're talking about a car with 3 years on the market vs one with 50+? I am not certain an Evo can be built to keep up with the Mustangs you mentioned, but the years of research aren't even close.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:13 PM

Warrtalon your in colorado springs now???? are you coming back to VA for race season??? I wanna run ya bro (friendly race)
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
Awesome!!! I love hearing what other car owners know and don't know about our cars. Most of them are very ignorant when it comes to our cars.

-Nate
Just remember that they do not represent Mustang owners as a whole. Plenty of them probably don't know that much about their OWN cars.

I catch it from both ends. I am a LONG time Mustang owner, but most of them 4 cylinders and ALL of them (4 and 8) with turbos. My current XR4Ti drag project barely fits in with todays imports and definately doesn't fit in with the domestic crowd.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by k.lowe
lol i made them close the thread i guess they got a lil pissy on how much better are cars are

Better at what?

I think it's absolutely ignorant for people to sit around and have these arguments anyway. Just doesn't make any sense at all. Both sides always show how ignorant they are about other cars.

I will say one thing to stir the pot, I know WAY more Mustang owners who actually work on their own cars than import owners of any type.

p.s. My new daily driver this spring will be a Evo. If I wasn't worried about commuting next winter I'd be getting an 03/04 Cobra convertible. Which I would pull the supercharger off of and build my own turbo kit for it.

Last edited by Turbopit; Feb 12, 2006 at 04:56 PM.