Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Alignment specs (DD & Drag Racing)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment specs (DD & Drag Racing)

There are a lot of threads on various alignment setups. I'm looking for a copy/pic of the actual printout sheet or something I can give my buddy to get my car setup properly.

I do mostly daily driving (lots of mountain driving) and I also drag race at the local track. I need a setup that will also give me fairly good/even wear on tires. My focus for traction is at the drag strip. I have more than enough already for DD.

I will be running Falken Azenis 255/40 on a 8.5" wheel. I recently installed KSport coilovers.. the car is fairly low. This is my main need for getting alignment.. everything is now out of wack.

Any help would be great! If you have any suggestions for dampening setups to use at the drag strip that would be great as well
Old Mar 4, 2007, 05:26 PM

I would go 0 to -.5 degrees for the camber and keep the toe as close to zero as possible, for both the front and rear. Drag and DD alignments specs arent nearly as involved as a road race or auto cross setup.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Actually I would go -.5* negative in the front because of lift with a little positive toe for the same reason. In the back as close to zero as possible because as the car squats it will go more negative. For the same reason a little positive toe wont hurt.

In numbers it should look like this:

Left Front.........Camber..........Right Front
....-0.5*.......................................-0.5*....
Left Front..........Caster...........Right Front
....3.5*.......................................... 3.5*....
Left Front..............Toe............Right Front
.....0.05*......................................0. 05*....

Left Rear...........Camber...........Right Rear
.....0.0*......................................... 0.0*.....
Left Rear...............Toe..............Right Rear
.....0.05*.......................................0 .05*...

Or something like that
Old Mar 5, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

That's what I'm looking for. I know the basics about suspension but I know most of you guys are way ahead in that area. 60k miles and I'm just now getting into making my evo handle like it should

I appreciate it! going to get her aligned this weekend after I get some bushings in place.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I doubt you will able to get your camber to zero with stock adjustment but anything between -.5 to -.8* will make a noticeable straightline difference. But this is a tradeoff and you will definitely notice its not as great through the corners. I have access to the alignment machine I use at work whenever I want it, so I am always experimenting. Once I get some Nagisa toe links in the back I'll be better able to utilise the AP control arms I have and dial in 0.0* camber or even a little positive if I want for the strip.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Back from the dead 3 years+ later and my question is similar to the OP's. I DD my Evo 8 and do ALOT of drag racing, both at the track and on the streets. I have recently just installed basically ALL of the Whiteline kits (RCA, bump-steer, steering precision, etc, etc.) as well as rear trailing arm bushings, rear Whiteline sway bar and some other things. Currently on Megan Street coilovers and will be getting an alignment this weekend. I want a good setup for drag racing, but do not want to sacrifice TOO MUCH handling ability either. I realize that I want my cake and to eat it too, which isn't usually possible, but I'm looking for a good balance and need help figuring out the correct alignment specs to use. Please assist! Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

interesting thread
tagged
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

I was just told by a reputable shop that they run the stock alignment settings on their drag Evo. Hmmmm. If that's the case, then I will just concentrate on setting it up for handling and not worry too much about the effect it has on 1/4 mile times.