Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

EVOs from a roll

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i think he doesnt talk about actual street race. He just ask , if he buys one how it will perform against the V8's. Not like i did beat this and that .
Its a border line for sure , but i dont think its illegal here.

As my video above. There is no racing in that video, only demonstration.
Yep, very border line.

I only mentioned the rules cuz the OP said he started this thread already and it got closed and it seemed like he didnt know/understand why.

Also, I didnt watch your video, so my post wasnt directed that towards you.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by jasnm21; Apr 10, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:57 AM

The thread is still open, so the powers that be must be appeased. My original thread was just as vague (in fact, I only omitted one phrase from this one) but I guess I was toeing the line from the wrong side.

Anyway, thanks to all for the info. I am liking what I hear.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Yep, very border line.

I only mentioned the rules cuz the OP said he started this thread already and it got closed and it seemed like he didnt know/understand why.

Also, I didnt watch your video, so my post wasnt directed that towards you.
I know, you didnt respond on my post. I hope you didnt get it a wrong way either.
Rob
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
All Ive done with my car so far is roll races because my clutch does not hold a 2step launch at my power level. Ive raced tons of cars from roll races and the only 2 V8's Ive lost to so far is my friends fully built SN95 Mustang with a vortech S supercharger (sounds amazing ) I walked out on him so hard from 40mph it took him to 110 to catch and pass me.
Same thing happened against my friends G8 with a TVS 1900 supercharger at 6psi, he finally caught me by 120 from a 30 roll.

The best part is Im on the stock IX turbo at 30psi, hks 272 cams, alky injection, Buschur 3.5" intercooler with pipes, Buschur MAF intake, and Buschur turbo back (no cat), car isnt even full boltons and the fact that a 6.0L G8 with full boltons with a blower that has almost the same displacement as the 4G63 barely caught me makes me pretty happy haha. Its game over when the FP Red and FP4R's go on.

Evos do perfectly fine in roll races.
Dude make sure you post vid's when you upgraded turbo is on, and show race results from a roll.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Maybe you didnt read the forum rules.

Stories and/or subjects involving STREET RACING will be DELETED.

Racing from a ROLL is a STREET RACING subject.

BTW, only SRT-4's and Euro cars race from a roll. EVOs race from a dig.
He's obviously asking a relevant question regarding transient response in Evo's. Racing "from a roll" is not necessarily a street racing subject. Using your logic, all performance questions are "a STREET RACING subject" (i love how much you use caps, btw) because it could involve street racing.

Also, saying that only SRT-4's and "euro" cars only race from a roll is a broad, false statement.

For a low-post-count vendor you're being quite a dick.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by olmoscd
He's obviously asking a relevant question regarding transient response in Evo's. Racing "from a roll" is not necessarily a street racing subject. Using your logic, all performance questions are "a STREET RACING subject" (i love how much you use caps, btw) because it could involve street racing.

Also, saying that only SRT-4's and "euro" cars only race from a roll is a broad, false statement.

For a low-post-count vendor you're being quite a dick.
FYI, I have been on this board since '05, under the name "Evo_Kid" and have over 3,000 post.

Once again, I only brought up the rules and street racing because the OP mentioned he posted this thread already and it got closed and it seemed like he didnt know or understand why.

Also, I have NEVER seen an EVO race from a roll. I have only seen SRT4s and Euro cars race from a roll. So that is my opinion on the matter, which I'm allowed to have because this is America.

EDIT: Also how is racing from a roll not a street racing subject? The only time I have seen or heard about racing from a roll, it is in regards to street racing. I have never seen anyone race from a roll at my local drag strip.

And if the question was about transient response as you say, then the OP question would be a more like, "how well does the evo recovery boost after a shift?"

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Apr 12, 2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy K
well from my experience I think evo's do well from rolls, that's if you know how to set urself up, meaning brake boosting, picking the right gear, and staying in the sweet spot if done right the evo will take off like an N/A motor, I got a chance to run against one of my buddies c6 vette with bolt ons and from a 20ish roll I'll take the lead up til I hit almost 130mph, as soon as I hit 5th he walks me.

5th gear (overdrive) not the greatest for roll racing lol, but its the short gearing (1st-4th) that makes the evo a blast to drive in my opinion, don't need a whole lot of power, like James May said from top gear "it'll take off like a stabbed rat"

just to give you an idea his vette was making bout 460whp, never dyno mine but I would say close to 400whp on my evo

and I agree with boosted tuning on dig racing, a real race is from a dig........well at least thats what the v8 guys keep tellin me
I never ever brake boost my car I usually just make sure Im right around 3500 or a little higher becasue my car has fool spool at 3300rpm, basically wherever I punch it in the powerband, I have instant power.

The other thing about racing v8's from a dig is they alllllways complain "oh well fo course you won youre awd my rwd car cant hook up" I say "Well then you bought the wronggggg car hahah"

5th does suck tho thats where I always fall off quick is 5th gear.

Originally Posted by hmsevo9mr

Dude make sure you post vid's when you upgraded turbo is on, and show race results from a roll.
I surely will, just not on here theres another site where vids are allowed. Ill pm you.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

1. I observed your post count, not your "other" accounts. My statement stands true.

2.You ask how roll racing is not a street racing subject. Asking that doesn't disprove the fact that roll racing doesn't necessarily imply illegal activity. Why don't we prevent people from talking about ALL racing then? Let's just assume all racing is done in an illegal setting.

3. Your observations on SRT-4's and "euro cars." That's fine and it's simply your observation but you can not say that only SRT-4's and "euro cars" roll race. That's kind of ridiculous, don't you think?

4. You're still being a threatening pseudo-mod. That's all I was saying.

Last edited by redleg225; Apr 12, 2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:43 AM

Lol, I'm not sure what the debate is here, fellas. The thread is still here, so it's obviously within in the guidelines of the forum.

I used racing terminology for the community's benefit, but I could've certainly come up with more mundane phrasing. Just looking for performance info on this car that we are all so fond of.

Thanks again for all the replies.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by olmoscd
1. I observed your post count, not your "other" accounts. My statement stands true.

2.You ask how roll racing is not a street racing subject. Asking that doesn't disprove the fact that roll racing doesn't necessarily imply illegal activity. Why don't we prevent people from talking about ALL racing then? Let's just assume all racing is done in an illegal setting.

3. Your observations on SRT-4's and "euro cars." That's fine and it's simply your observation but you can not say that only SRT-4's and "euro cars" roll race. That's kind of ridiculous, don't you think?

4. You're still being a threatening pseudo-mod. That's all I was saying.

LOL. Im not trying to argue with you over this. Stop listing your reasons and just trying to start ****.

Im not threatening or being pseudo-mod or anything. For the fifth time, I only brought up the rules and street racing because the OP mentioned he posted this thread already and it got closed and it seemed like he didnt know or understand why.

Do you not understand that?? I made it bold and underlined it so you would maybe read it a time or two and understand it.

Also if you think "roll racing" is not about street racing, then . The only place you "roll race" is ON THE STREET.

And regardless if racing from a roll is street racing, weather its illegal or not, racing from a roll is for pussies and real men race from a dig.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Apr 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hulk
Lol, I'm not sure what the debate is here, fellas. The thread is still here, so it's obviously within in the guidelines of the forum.

I used racing terminology for the community's benefit, but I could've certainly come up with more mundane phrasing. Just looking for performance info on this car that we are all so fond of.

Thanks again for all the replies.
Exactly, im not sure either. The thread is still here and its all good.

Like I have said a bunch of time, I only mention rules cuz...... well never mind, Im sure everyone except olmoscd understands.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and we're done.