Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

19th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout, presented by Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was my first time Dave and it seemed to go smoothly. I was around with the whole tire thing and you were fine at first till he did cuss at you. I appreciate everything you do for this community and all. Cant wait for next year, do you have a date for it yet? Hopefully i will be around for it.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 05:32 PM
Account Disabled

Hey David, great event with a big turnout. It was definetly worth the trip from NY to participate and already lookin forward to next years event.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know what, I think I want to go to this next year. I don't own a pickup or trailer, but it will be well worth it even if i'm just a spectator.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any more vids please :-)
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The track was AWESOME. I was cutting 1.6 60ft's on my worn out street tires like it was my job. ESA class was fun and everyone that I talked to in it were really cool. A lot of down to earth people. Next year I will be more of a force to be reckoned with, but semi-finalist was fine with me for my first event in the Evo and I was ecstatic to see my boy B Mastro take first, he really deserved it

I definitely had fun. I am glad that their was more emphasis on the rules this year, I don't know how many times Dave Buschur told people to make sure they read the dates & rules/posted them on FB. Fairness makes for the most fun.

If you own an Evo/DSM and are passionate about the scene, then this was where you should be. The DSport guys are cool and I had fun hanging out at the Super 8/Motel 6 Friday and Saturday. Next year cannot come fast enough!

Thanks to Buschur Racing and every sponsor who helped make this event possible, it's always a blast.

STM FTW
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
STM guys rocked this year! More trophies went to STN guys than anyone else!

Results are pouted on high boost right now. I will post here too as soon as I get the complete and final head counts.

The 20th Annual is already being planned and the Facebook page for it has been updated some already.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

One of my fav pics... I am going thouh a few hundred of them right now
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^Nice pic Petey!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by David Buschur
STM guys rocked this year! More trophies went to STN guys than anyone else!

Results are pouted on high boost right now. I will post here too as soon as I get the complete and final head counts.

The 20th Annual is already being planned and the Facebook page for it has been updated some already.
+1 Seemed like STM had a car on top of every class.. Congrats to those guys and their loyal customers as well..
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Hey David, I was the guy standing next to my buddies car in the staging lanes who made the comment about getting our first round of qualifying in after we switched back to radial tires. I wanted to apologize for the comment, but also state that after I said what I did, I turned around and walked away to try and keep my cool. My comment came out wrong, as I was more upset at myself for Dale missing first round and my frustration was directed toward you. However, I feel the way you handled yourself was very unprofessional even though it was my wrong doing from the beginning. All said and done we ended up placing second and had a good time.

Last edited by CArkid0101; Aug 22, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I still need to get home and get to work on my pictures. I have 540 of them to post! Took 1,088 pics and video. Awesome time!! Even more and more gorgeous cars. I'm so proud of the STM crew and so happy to be involved in such friendship, and support. You guys are great!

So many cool people this year. So many awesome shops came with amazing cars to see in person. You guys banging your heads thinking you should have went... Should have went!!

I wish I could tell everyone what they missed. Just be there next year!!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i dont think my issue is C.O.P. related. every time i have brake up issues i send the c.o.p. black to S/T for a look. and it always comes back fine. once it was a broken wire on my stock harness, then a cam sensor ''2nd time'' and now injector plug issues. i am replacing my factory harness. i have wasted enough of spark tech's time sending a good unit back with a question mark over my head and yet the guy still takes AA++ care of me. i couldnt ask for more.

i am replacing the harness and cam sensor again. i do not understand why these sensors keep going. i know why the harness is shot. thats my own stupidity.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:38 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^Good luck guy! Running into small issues like these suck big time. We had an issue with a car we brought, where the clip on the TPS sensor was missing and the damn thing read 100% throttle even at idle. Stupid clip!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:53 AM

this one blew by me without me even noticing.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CArkid0101
Hey David, I was the guy standing next to my buddies car in the staging lanes who made the comment about getting our first round of qualifying in after we switched back to radial tires. I wanted to apologize for the comment, but also state that after I said what I did, I turned around and walked away to try and keep my cool. My comment came out wrong, as I was more upset at myself for Dale missing first round and my frustration was directed toward you. However, I feel the way you handled yourself was very unprofessional even though it was my wrong doing from the beginning. All said and done we ended up placing second and had a good time.
Glad you guys placed, thanks for the apology. I've never been accused of handling myself professionally, that's for sure. In my defense, I was trying to help the racers this year and walk through the pits and catch any infractions early. In years past the qualifying is over and then someone reports people breaking the rules, then the racer has nowhere to go but to the brackets and they are really pissed. This year I decided to take it upon myself to walk through the pits and check out some cars so they could fix a problem before Peer Tech and still race where they wanted to. I felt I was doing something good to only be jumped by you, set me off instantly, as most things do.

Thanks for coming to the event and no hard feelings on my end. Hope to see you guys back in the future.

Quick Reply: 19th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout, presented by Buschur Racing