Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

19th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout, presented by Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here is what the super tight Auto-X looked like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4QeOWRqCY

I'm hoping they can use another leg of the infield next time and speed it up in a couple spots, still was a great time putting the car into a 4 wheel drift around the entire course.

Since my 2008 Graphite Grey Evo X GSR had an engine fire after the One Lap of America trip in the spring, I had to start over and went with a 2011 Octane Blue Evo X MR with the SST transmission. After putting on 500 break in miles I tweaked the tune to about 375 crank HP and drove it out to the 19th Annual DSM / EVO Shootout presented by Buschur Racing. Last year I won the street tire Evo "Max Effort" class where they combine your best auto-x and 1/4 mile time. These videos were from the afternoon runs, in the morning I was doing 4 wheel drifts around ever turn which seemed to collect a cone every time.

The new car only had a K&N panel filter, ETS FMIC, and my own tune. Not too shabby for 12.6 @ 109 mph performance, but still no match for the fastest cars in the class this year. While it will never be a drag car, it should be extremely fun on the road courses!

I hope to have this car ready to race in 600+ crank HP trim before the 2012 One Lap of America. You can bet that one of the upgrades will include a full fire suppression system as well. Stephen, was great hanging out this weekend, I'm considering doing some e-tuning but time is always that tricky part.

Grats to all the STM cars in all the classes, even if it seemed like a conspiracy where all the Talons took over the quick 16 this year.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had a great weekend, and got some of the kinks ironed out of one of the shop cars... We got done putting Matts car together Wednesday, dyno'd it Thursday, and drove to the shoot out friday we went to start it and was running super rich... bad front O2 sensor, had to put the car in full time open loop for the weekend just to make any kind of progress... got 2 shakedown passes Friday night and the car was breaking up bad best run was only an 11.7... Saturday we got in a few passes and the car was still breaking up, we swapped plugs etc and finally got the car to make a clean pass and it went 10.8 on drag radials, not slicks... IMHO not too bad for having a car together for only 4 days....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No hard feelings here either, thanks for a good event. We look forward to what next year has to bring if we are able to make it!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Glad you guys placed, thanks for the apology. I've never been accused of handling myself professionally, that's for sure. In my defense, I was trying to help the racers this year and walk through the pits and catch any infractions early. In years past the qualifying is over and then someone reports people breaking the rules, then the racer has nowhere to go but to the brackets and they are really pissed. This year I decided to take it upon myself to walk through the pits and check out some cars so they could fix a problem before Peer Tech and still race where they wanted to. I felt I was doing something good to only be jumped by you, set me off instantly, as most things do.

Thanks for coming to the event and no hard feelings on my end. Hope to see you guys back in the future.
Dave although you have done everything in your power to make this as idiot proof as possible maybe next year take the classes how you post them on the internet and give all racers at the gate a print out that way they cannot cry at all when they cant read directions. Also the PEER TECH was AWESOME! Gave everyone 15 minutes to walk around and check every car in every class and not miss any racing action. This year was awesome and its said we have to wait another 362 days for next years event!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

i thought there was a print out at the gate
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:58 PM

What happen to sheps 1g? I have heard all kinds of stuff--blown engine,blown intake etc etc
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Found this vid of the red rocket 1g, took the AWD auto record back! 8.45!! WOW! thing is hauling the mail!
Congrats to those guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO99q...eature=feedlik
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Since my 2008 Graphite Grey Evo X GSR had an engine fire
That's a bummer Chris - sorry to hear about your car! I followed you home in my BBY Evo from the 2009 Shootout.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by poof83grt
What happen to sheps 1g? I have heard all kinds of stuff--blown engine,blown intake etc etc
it did not blow up. one of the safety canisters on the intake manifold blew out from a nitrous backfire i was told.

then when he almost lost it down the track his brakes locked up. nothing was his fault.. all mechanical related.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven83
i thought there was a print out at the gate
there was.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL at the ladies swooning over the 8 second passes. Nice vid.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

This is all the pics i took...
Turn out was good, wish camping at the track was still possible but for any would-be track campers, milan travel park is a great place to camp.

Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know what the deal was with the guy in the old stingray corvette, flipping off the red evo as they made it down the track?? What a douche.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

very impress with the auto 1g's
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

I'd like to thank Dave Buschur and Buschur Racing for putting an event like this together and to all our sponsors(Forced Performance, Kiggly Racing, MAP). For those of you who haven't made the trip, make it next year. You get to meet the biggest names in the industry and everyone is down to earth and very approachable. The way its organized is very well put together. Location of the hotels in not far from the track at all. That in itself is quite the experience just rolling around and talking/hanging out with the guys at the hotels.

Congrats to all the shops that built cars that won their classes. We didn't bring home and trophy this year but we know what to expect now for next year. Our car held together well but was plaqued with small issues that weren't worked out till the last run it did in the competition. Big thanks goes to Kevin from Buschur, who was willing to drive our car to see if he could pull a cleaner pass and of course, he did.

We'll definately be there next year with more cars and I had a blast up there.

Thanks again,

-Matt

Quick Reply: 19th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout, presented by Buschur Racing