Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Evo X Drag Times list

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The video of our journey into the 10's on pump gas,
Shout out to E-spec industries for making it possible!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=cHXDRRsQB9c
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
The video of our journey into the 10's on pump gas,
Shout out to E-spec industries for making it possible!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=cHXDRRsQB9c

Great Job, I wish we could have nicely prep track like that.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Darksun280
I hear you.

That aside I see you guys flirting with that stock turbo record. Finish your plate don't just leave it hanging like that

Thanks for the encouragement.

I also believe that the stock appearing turbo trap speed was done by me with a 131 mph.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by talented
Thanks for the encouragement.

I also believe that the stock appearing turbo trap speed was done by me with a 131 mph.
Which turbo you rocking you never mentioned in any of your posts it just said stock frame. Sorry I'm being so cautious but I've had guys try to tell me GTX35r bolt ons are stock frame and fp greens are stock turbos lol. Let me know and I'll change it for you.

Last edited by Darksun280; Jul 7, 2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 05:47 AM

Which turbo you rocking you never mentioned in any of your posts it just said stock frame. Sorry I'm being so cautious but I've had guys try to tell me GTX35r bolt ons are stock frame and fp greens are stock turbos lol. Let me know and I'll change it for you.

Well, I am rocking a ATP GTX35r, a similar set up to (BLUEX), who is listed as the fastest stock appearing turbo GSR on the list.
If I have misinterpreted the definition of a stock appearing turbo, this is due to what is posted on the list.
I would agree that a stock turbo is a (unmodified stock turbo) and a stock appearing turbo is as its says (Appearing).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I am rocking a ATP GTX35r, a similar set up to (BLUEX), who is listed as the fastest stock appearing turbo GSR on the list.
If I have misinterpreted the definition of a stock appearing turbo, this is due to what is posted on the list.
I would agree that a stock turbo is a (unmodified stock turbo) and a stock appearing turbo is as its says (Appearing).
Yeah he's not supposed to be there. You either. I moved you both into the after mark turbo list.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 05:01 AM

Yeah he's not supposed to be there. You either. I moved you both into the after mark turbo list.
Thanks for the update. Can you please explain what a stock appearing turbo is?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the update. Can you please explain what a stock appearing turbo is?
Stock housing just modified to fit a bigger wheel like the FP and Map turbos. The Garrett Bolton are a totally different unit. So it's been argued to me they are not stock appearing they are just stock location and bolt on to stock flange.

I try to go with Buschurs rules on these things for his event but even his explanation is kind of vague

STOCK APPEARING
"-Any FWD/AWD-Eclipse, Laser, Galant VR4, Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's, X,Genesis Coupe, 420A, 1.8 liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT
-Car must retain stock appearing intake manifold. Turbo must use the stock bolt pattern from the exhaust manifold/header to the turbine housing and be located in the stock location. Forced Performance Greens, Reds, Blacks and HTA DSM86's are considered legal for the class. Sheet metal 02 housings with recirculating or open dumps OK, must dump under the car. The new FP turbine housings for the turbos listed above using the Tial external waste gate is allowed. External dumps must exit below the vehicle. Full exhaust exiting the rear of the vehicle is required. FMIC, intercooler plumbing, turbo inlet with air filter, small battery kits are all OK for this class. Both headlights must be installed and working. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. DOT RADIAL TIRE ONLY. NO tread wear rating limits. No half radiators. Full interior to include all seats, door panels, rear hatch cover on DSM's, carpet, head liner, dash etc. Wiper, mirrors and factory glass are required.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, SA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Pro Tree"

I'll reach out to Buschur and see what he thinks about the atp stock flange 35rs if they are stock appearing or aftermarket.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 07:11 AM

Stock housing just modified to fit a bigger wheel like the FP and Map turbos. The Garrett Bolton are a totally different unit. So it's been argued to me they are not stock appearing they are just stock location and bolt on to stock flange.

I try to go with Buschurs rules on these things for his event but even his explanation is kind of vague

STOCK APPEARING
"-Any FWD/AWD-Eclipse, Laser, Galant VR4, Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's, X,Genesis Coupe, 420A, 1.8 liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT
-Car must retain stock appearing intake manifold. Turbo must use the stock bolt pattern from the exhaust manifold/header to the turbine housing and be located in the stock location. Forced Performance Greens, Reds, Blacks and HTA DSM86's are considered legal for the class. Sheet metal 02 housings with recirculating or open dumps OK, must dump under the car. The new FP turbine housings for the turbos listed above using the Tial external waste gate is allowed. External dumps must exit below the vehicle. Full exhaust exiting the rear of the vehicle is required. FMIC, intercooler plumbing, turbo inlet with air filter, small battery kits are all OK for this class. Both headlights must be installed and working. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. DOT RADIAL TIRE ONLY. NO tread wear rating limits. No half radiators. Full interior to include all seats, door panels, rear hatch cover on DSM's, carpet, head liner, dash etc. Wiper, mirrors and factory glass are required.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, SA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Pro Tree"

I'll reach out to Buschur and see what he thinks about the atp stock flange 35rs if they are stock appearing or aftermarket.
A year ago BLUEX was listed as the Fastest stock appearing turbo GSR EVO X and at that time this wasn't questioned and he clearly listed the turbo that was used.
It's unfortunate that my posting would result in his accomplishment being taken away. This wasn't the result that I was hoping to see.

You Posted that a ATP GTX35r is a stock location turbo and this is true. But I would also like to add that is can be used with a stock down pipe, stock manifold and stock air box and pretty much appears stock. Hence the term stock appearing.

I appreciate your effort and think that your listing is a great thing. I view it as a way for a group of international guys to compete with out being on the same track.
And it must be said that it promotes the use/sale of these performance parts world wide.

What I find that is not right, is when the bar is being moved for seemingly no reason. BLUEX, myself and others would have put in great effort to be on your list and others are still working to be on your list, the bar should be stationary.

If your seek advise from Buschur,(great guy) this should of been done before removing anyone from the list.

Please view a link below of a chat, on Evoutionm with EVO 8 and 9 guys interpolation of a stock appearing turbo.
Note that number #2 on the list is a ATP GTX35r turbo

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...os-2012-a.html

Thanks for your time and keep the list going strong.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

A year ago BLUEX was listed as the Fastest stock appearing turbo GSR EVO X and at that time this wasn't questioned and he clearly listed the turbo that was used.
It's unfortunate that my posting would result in his accomplishment being taken away. This wasn't the result that I was hoping to see.

You Posted that a ATP GTX35r is a stock location turbo and this is true. But I would also like to add that is can be used with a stock down pipe, stock manifold and stock air box and pretty much appears stock. Hence the term stock appearing.

I appreciate your effort and think that your listing is a great thing. I view it as a way for a group of international guys to compete with out being on the same track.
And it must be said that it promotes the use/sale of these performance parts world wide.

What I find that is not right, is when the bar is being moved for seemingly no reason. BLUEX, myself and others would have put in great effort to be on your list and others are still working to be on your list, the bar should be stationary.

If your seek advise from Buschur,(great guy) this should of been done before removing anyone from the list.

Please view a link below of a chat, on Evoutionm with EVO 8 and 9 guys interpolation of a stock appearing turbo.
Note that number #2 on the list is a ATP GTX35r turbo

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...os-2012-a.html

Thanks for your time and keep the list going strong.
Well there was two blueX's one used a fpred and then the guy from cali with the same name popped up. I just confused them at some point 2 years ago while editing the list. "BlueX" isn't the most individual name in the world. Thats why I keep posting if you guys think something is wrong post up and point it out and I'll investigate same reason I'm looking into the stock housing thing for you instead of just brushing it off.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

After speaking with DB The Garett turbo is going to be considered a stock appearing turbo. This will make it allowed for the stock appearing class at the Shoot out events and I'll also change back the 1/4 times list of course.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

So

1. moved BlueX and Talanted back to the stock appearing list
2. Added Mitsuwut to the stock appearing list since I didn't even have him on it a few days ago lol

Look over things and let me know
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Edit

blue x gets fastest 1/4 trap speed with a 138.35 trap speed and 1/8 trap of 107.35

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...l#post10837766

Last edited by Darksun280; Jul 10, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

again guys any questions or concerns please just ask and if you don't agree just plead your case and we'll work on it. When aiming for accuracy some things fall into a gray area. Hell I found 3 other little mistakes in the list just reviewing this stock frame thing so its good to keep going over it to make it as accurate as possible.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 09:46 AM

After speaking with DB The Garett turbo is going to be considered a stock appearing turbo. This will make it allowed for the stock appearing class at the Shoot out events and I'll also change back the 1/4 times list of course.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to look into the matter for my.
sorry for giving you extra work today!!

Quick Reply: Evo X Drag Times list