Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

22nd ANNUAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I apologize if it has already been discussed, but if you are running under a 9.99 what are the helmet requirements/fire suit requirements/shoe requirements? I most likely need to update my safety wear and don't want to buy something that won't be approved.
For example:
1. Would any full-face DOT helmet suffice?
2. What is the minimum SFI rating required for fire suit?
3. Do our shoes have to be fire-rated?
4. Do we need fire-rated gloves?
5. Will gear be thoroughly inspected or is it more of an honor system?

Sorry for the specificity of the questions - I just don't want to run into any surprises. Thanks Dave.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
I apologize if it has already been discussed, but if you are running under a 9.99 what are the helmet requirements/fire suit requirements/shoe requirements? I most likely need to update my safety wear and don't want to buy something that won't be approved.
For example:

Sorry for the specificity of the questions - I just don't want to run into any surprises. Thanks Dave.

First page should answer those questions for you...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
First page should answer those questions for you...
"9.99 and quicker, APPROVED helmet, fire pants, shoes and fire jacket."

That isn't very specific and does not answer my questions. Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, its been 6 years since I've been to the shootout but we are going to be there this year! We are booked at Best Western right now but I've heard the Norwalk hotels have been dead in the last couple years. 6 years ago Best Western was the party center along with Econolodge.

In the last couple years, where are the before/after track parties happening at? I look forward to drinking beer and talking cars with fellow dsm/evo enthusiasts.

Travis
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by turbotboz
Guys, its been 6 years since I've been to the shootout but we are going to be there this year! We are booked at Best Western right now but I've heard the Norwalk hotels have been dead in the last couple years. 6 years ago Best Western was the party center along with Econolodge.

In the last couple years, where are the before/after track parties happening at? I look forward to drinking beer and talking cars with fellow dsm/evo enthusiasts.

Travis
The party most defiantly moved to Milan @ motel6 last year and im sure will be even bigger this year since even more hotels are full down there. Management actually wants us there and try to book the entire thing to DSMers. There are 2 hotels that share a parking lot and the campground is right next to that. There is also several hotels in walking distance.

Dont take my word for it .. drive down US250 and check it out for yourself.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mo...85d272c29437ac
there is were im talking about ^^
Old Jul 24, 2014, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
For example:

The first post is pretty simple about the required safety gear. If you need to know the specifics of what is actually legal IF you ran at an NHRA regulated race, pick up the NHRA rule book and find the requirements for the speed you are going.

There is no official inspection. This has been put into effect by ME because some people are too ****ing stupid to listen to simple rules, like helmet and jeans. Actually, oddly enough one of your sponsors is the biggest reason they were put into effect.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I Camp at the track each year and we have a great time. Friday night you can watch cars run on the track or even make a few passes your self. I also walk around and talk to other car people most of the night. I have met so many people. I know its a little more low key then the hotels, but its also free.

Last edited by thepoint4life23; Jul 24, 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
I Camp at the track each year and we have a great time. Friday night you can watch cars run on the track or even make a few passes your self. I also walk around and talk to other car people most of the night. I have met so many people. I know its a little more low key then the hotels, but its also free.
I'd love to camp at the track. Although the high maintenance group of girls with us will definitely be opposed to the idea.... I just booked two rooms at the super 8 in Milan.

Travis
Old Jul 24, 2014, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
econo was DEAD last year so we booked motel 6.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMolition
econo was DEAD last year so we booked motel 6.
Thats what I heard. I tried to book at motel 6 but it was booked. So I flipped the coin for days inn and super 8.

When is everyone arriving? We plan to arrive thurs night. We may try to go to cedar point friday morning if anyone wants to join.

Travis
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ill be staying at the Quality Inn next door to the Motel 6. Econolodge was dead last year. I had a good time hanging out at the Best Western most of the night. Then we managed to get back to the super 8 eventually.

There is tons of people always over at the motel 6 lot. Should be some good times this year for sure, as it always is!

3 weeks!!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by turbotboz
Thats what I heard. I tried to book at motel 6 but it was booked. So I flipped the coin for days inn and super 8.

When is everyone arriving? We plan to arrive thurs night. We may try to go to cedar point friday morning if anyone wants to join.

Travis
Ill be there Thursday afternoon - Super8 would be fine - its across the street from motel6 , as far as i know days inn is also booked.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks like I can run Max Effort and one of the Drag Racing categories thanks to the non-conflicting schedule! Question on the drag racing classes, was there a formatting error when the post was last updated? Will there be both of these classes run? just trying to compare the differences between the two, thanks!

STOCK APPEARING(SA)-Sponsored by Forced Performance
-Qualifying at 7pm Saturday, Sunday at 10 am and 12 pm.
-Heads up class, Pro Tree, qualifying and ladder. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-Any FWD/AWD-Eclipse, Laser, Galant VR4, Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's, X.
-Car must retain stock appearing intake manifold. Stock appearing turbo, Forced Performance Greens, Reds, Blacks are considered stock appearing for all cars legal for the class. Sheet metal 02 housings with recirculating or open dumps OK, must dump under the car. No external wastegates. Full exhaust with a muffler exiting the rear of the vehicle is required. FMIC, intercooler plumbing, turbo inlet with air filter, small battery kits are all OK for this class. Both headlights must be installed and working. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. NO nitrous. DOT RADIAL TIRE ONLY. NO tread wear rating limits. Stock location headers are OK. No half radiators. Full interior to include all seats, door panels, rear hatch cover on DSM's, carpet, head liner, dash etc.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, SA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

STOCK APPEARING TURBO (SAT)
-Qualifying at 7pm Saturday, Sunday at 10 am and 12 pm.
-Heads up class, Pro Tree, qualifying and ladder. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-This class is for stock appearing turbo vehicles, ANY vehicle chassis, no tube chassis'.
-Three rules for this class. All body panels must be run. The turbo on your 1g/2g DSM/EVO MUST appear to be a stock turbo for ANY 1G, 2G DSM or EVO and NO nitrous.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, SAT followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Looks like I can run Max Effort and one of the Drag Racing categories thanks to the non-conflicting schedule! Question on the drag racing classes, was there a formatting error when the post was last updated? Will there be both of these classes run? just trying to compare the differences between the two, thanks!
Yes, you can run Autocross or Max Effort and a Drag Class, the schedule is set up like it is to make that possible.

No there is no mistake in the classes. The SAT is clearly a full out drag class with gutted tin cans in it and the other is Stock Appearing.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Red face Shootout bound...

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Yes, you can run Autocross or Max Effort and a Drag Class, the schedule is set up like it is to make that possible.

No there is no mistake in the classes. The SAT is clearly a full out drag class with gutted tin cans in it and the other is Stock Appearing.
Ok sounds like Max Effort and Stock Appearing (SA) for me as long as people don't mind the road racing sponsor vinyls being on the exterior.

The 1st page has a missing bracket in the html code, computers! Figured you might want to edit that.

[SIZE=5]STOCK APPEARING(SA)-Sponsored by Forced Performanc/SIZE]

Quick Reply: 22nd ANNUAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT