Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

Are there really NO certified containers for E-85 ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive never had these problems either. Alot of gas stations near me have it and no one ever looks out to see what someone is pumping into their car or if they are pumping into a container..
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn cant you just insert your cc and pump away or will they just shut off the pump when you try?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Yeah, you pay 14.00/gal and ill stick with the 1.50/gal E-85..
Or I'll pay 9 a gal and you can use two times the fuel I use to make the same power and drive 30 miles to buy it, then when the government subsidy of this terrible idea ends you can tear down your fuel system and retune your car for proper race fuel.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

You could try slapping an e-85 sticker on a gas can in a sport that looks professional, and if the attendant doesn't know any better it might fool him. I mean I guess it's worth a shot if you can't find anything else.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
I just remembered. Couple months ago we got new "Green" (like earth friendly) gas cans at AutoZone. They have a holographic sticker on the front, and a really weird green and black nozzle. It says right on the sticker "For Gasoline with 10-90% Ethanol Content). So with it saying that right on it, I would suppose you can use it for E-85 since most E-85 has only a 75-80% ethanol content.
E-85 stands for 85% ethanol i thought that was amusing,

anyways come to Chicago, they don't care what you get and put it into where

hell they'll probably let you fill up a gallon of that stuff in a empty gallon of spring water for all they care

Last edited by MitsuOZ; Mar 30, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E85 is "up to" 85% ethanol. In the colder months, especially up north, blends are a weak as 70% Ethanol to help with cold starts.

I doubt it's truly E85 until May/June.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
There are two stations in Boston. I've never used E85 so I've never gone to either. It's my suspicion that all of the E85 stations will be gone in less than 2 years. It's a completely useless form of alternative energy. Yes, it makes good power but so does race fuel!
And it's 1/5 the price of good race gas. Sounds good to me .
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Or I'll pay 9 a gal and you can use two times the fuel I use to make the same power and drive 30 miles to buy it, then when the government subsidy of this terrible idea ends you can tear down your fuel system and retune your car for proper race fuel.
So if it goes away my "proper" race fuel will be VP Ethanol. . . mix in 80% with 20% plain old 93 octane and you're good to go! Still cheaper and cleaner than VP C16 or Q16, and not nearly as deadly as methanol. . .
Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
So if it goes away my "proper" race fuel will be VP Ethanol. . . mix in 80% with 20% plain old 93 octane and you're good to go! Still cheaper and cleaner than VP C16 or Q16, and not nearly as deadly as methanol. . .
Jarrod, where can you buy VP ethanol? Do you have a part number or stock number by any chance? Prices?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gtfour77
Jarrod, where can you buy VP ethanol? Do you have a part number or stock number by any chance? Prices?
Any VP dealer can order it from VP directly. None probably carry it in stock unless they have a customer who already regularly orders it. . .

I believe you can get it in smaller sizes as well as the 55gal. size. . .

FWIW - I just emptied my 55gal drum this afternoon. One drum lasted me 1 whole year to be exact.

Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

if the case happens, that will be a few years from now, so far that by the time they do that i will be driving something else that is not tuned under e85.
if you don't like e85 don't bother making stupid comments.
i like the fact that we make a lot more horsepower for a lot less money.
yes, i might be sacrificing 30 miles to a tank, but who cares, i have 2 gas stations that are less than 3 miles away from me, i happen to live in arizona where there are a lot of e85 gas stations here and we dont suffer from the cold drop down in ethanol.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Any VP dealer can order it from VP directly. None probably carry it in stock unless they have a customer who already regularly orders it. . .

I believe you can get it in smaller sizes as well as the 55gal. size. . .

FWIW - I just emptied my 55gal drum this afternoon. One drum lasted me 1 whole year to be exact.

Well I called VP and they said they don't have this type of fuel anymore...they said they did offer it a couple of years ago but it's no longer available. Any other ideas? Part number? Thanks again Jarrod!