Notices
ECU Flash

mitsulogger & zeitronix zt-2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mitsulogger & zeitronix zt-2

Currently, I'm using the mitsulogger to log the various ECU params and at the same time using the zeitronix logger software to log AFR & boost. I'm looking for an easy way to combine the two logs so i can create a single graph from both logs.

Is there anything out there that does this already?

If not, I'll write something myself just thought I'd check first.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You can try Evoscan..

I Just ordered an Innovate setup, so that will be the second unit Mitsulogger directly supports (the first being the TurboXS Tuner)
Old Dec 10, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boony
Currently, I'm using the mitsulogger to log the various ECU params and at the same time using the zeitronix logger software to log AFR & boost. I'm looking for an easy way to combine the two logs so i can create a single graph from both logs.

Is there anything out there that does this already?

If not, I'll write something myself just thought I'd check first.
I am using zeitronix setup and evoscan, problem is I cannot get evoscan to work when i have zeitronix running on laptop. I tried just plugging in ecuflash cable then got evoscan running then i plugged in usb for zeitronix and then evoscan stops when i try to connect is comes up with popup error usb unable to connect. I have flash cable set to com 1 and zeitronix set to com 2. Let me know if you get them both to work together.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
You can try Evoscan..

I Just ordered an Innovate setup, so that will be the second unit Mitsulogger directly supports (the first being the TurboXS Tuner)

nooooooooo
I just purchased the zeitronics instead of the innovate...

oh well, hope the zeitronics isn't far down the road. the actual sensors and connections are identical to my old innovate.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zeitronic works fine with Evoscan if you set the com ports right.. obviously if you are using a usb-serial converter.. it could contain an FT232 chip, which would get picked up by EvoScan and inadvertently get used. try plugging the tactrix in first, otherwise try swapping the usb cables over.. it could prioritise the order of them. Next version of EvoScan will let you select any USB device found, like EcuFlash
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah.. The sample code supplied by FTDI which is what I based my original logger off chooses the first FTDI Device, it should really look for the specific ID of the cable and ignore the others.

I have already fixed it in Mitsulogger 2.0 but its not ready for release.

I did make some progress with the Wideband logging, the hardest wideband to implement is the TurboXS Tuner Pro, Not because it does anything unusual, just because it works differently than others. All the others just stream data..

There's a specific reason I want the Tuner Pro, and Innovate units to work, because they have extra inputs for things like Boost and EGT, and several other parameters that can be logged. The Innovate MTS you can log nearly anything.

I've never really needed this extra functionality because of the ECU+, but I have been putting together a standalone tuning setup that uses innovate products to use when I'm tuning other cars. I'm even building wiring harnesses to interface with the Evo7-8 and 9 (two different harnesses) These harnesses can also be used to bench-flash ECU's..
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

I used the serial connection for my innovate, and hoping to use the same for my zeitronics. I am using a really old laptop that only has one usb and a serial connector, so if they both need to run off usb, it's either the tactrix or wideband... If I am forced to upgrade to get dual usb's I will, but I hate to spend another 2-3bills on something that is pretty much used only to tune a car..
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:49 PM
EvoM Guru

just get a USB hub if you need to plug two devices into your laptop with only 1 usb port.. Don't resort to upgrading unless its not possible to do that.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
Zeitronic works fine with Evoscan if you set the com ports right.. obviously if you are using a usb-serial converter.. it could contain an FT232 chip, which would get picked up by EvoScan and inadvertently get used. try plugging the tactrix in first, otherwise try swapping the usb cables over.. it could prioritise the order of them. Next version of EvoScan will let you select any USB device found, like EcuFlash
yeah my serial\usb converter has a ft chip in it and over rides the ecuflash cable everytime it is plugged in. I have to get a different converter to use both at the same time.