Notices
ECU Flash

Installation and Tuning for Perrin EBCS...

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 08:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by subaruwrx420
I also messed around with the Turbo Boost Correction Table. Initially had all the values to 0 since it supposed to be easier to nail boost targets. Then I decided to increase the negative values as shown below to allow the ecu to reduce the boost if the targets are being overshot.
Hardest part about tuning ecu boost is the error correction kicking in with BDEL and WGDC not synched up just right. Making it pull more boost by increasing the negative values will actually make it harder to tune it. It will also pull boost much more aggressively in higher gears which will lead to a swinging boost profile. You're actually not doing yourself any favors by doing that.

I actually keep the TBEC table stock on all the ecu-based evos I tune. Zeroing it out will make setting boost via WGDC easy as no error correction will be happening. However, if you get your WGDC table set right and then set your BDEL table, then turn the TBEC table back on and don't have your BDEL's just right, your boost will be all over the place. I learned it's actually easier in the long run to just tune it with error correction on from the start.
Old May 5, 2013, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perrin

Originally Posted by razorlab
Hardest part about tuning ecu boost is the error correction kicking in with BDEL and WGDC not synched up just right. Making it pull more boost by increasing the negative values will actually make it harder to tune it. It will also pull boost much more aggressively in higher gears which will lead to a swinging boost profile. You're actually not doing yourself any favors by doing that.

I actually keep the TBEC table stock on all the ecu-based evos I tune. Zeroing it out will make setting boost via WGDC easy as no error correction will be happening. However, if you get your WGDC table set right and then set your BDEL table, then turn the TBEC table back on and don't have your BDEL's just right, your boost will be all over the place. I learned it's actually easier in the long run to just tune it with error correction on from the start.
This is some good info, I have one but just haven't gotten around to tossing it on because of the tuning process yet. It will be soon but I have to tune it myself.