Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace
Whoa!!! That sucks! I've heard mostly good things about Tobz. Sorry to see this.
I normally don't post stuff calling people out but I have given him 5 or so chances to fix it. The last time he specifically told me to call him and 3 voicemails later he still hasn't returned my call. It's a long story. There's no reason for him leaving me hanging this many times. Especially when the car won't run good at all. Besides all the knock the car wouldn't even drive over 4k rpms unless I went wot.

New tune and it drives awesome at all rpms though. No coincidence there right?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by murkdevo
I normally don't post stuff calling people out but I have given him 5 or so chances to fix it. The last time he specifically told me to call him and 3 voicemails later he still hasn't returned my call. It's a long story. There's no reason for him leaving me hanging this many times. Especially when the car won't run good at all. Besides all the knock the car wouldn't even drive over 4k rpms unless I went wot.

WOW LEO!!

Thats my e85 map!!! not my pump gas map, which you have both.
5 Chances...why dont you tell the whole story.

You were moving in a rush and needed to switch to pump gas. We switched over the fuel and tuned the car. You wanted 500 hp on pump. I said ok, lets see what we can do, dont forget this a motor I built for you which has been great. We tuned the car and it did around 500. It ran fine. Then a day or so later Leo called and said its got a hiccup around 3500. I said bring it over and let me look at, I knew something might be a little off cause we switched to pump and may have had some e85 in left in the tank. I looked at the car changed a few things and the car ran fine...he moved a few days later. I really didnt hear anything from you for a year. He says my tune is off and I want my money back. Somethings up, as Leo has both e85 and pump tune. That is not my pump gas map tune. Sorry, dont know what you have done.

I would never have a car leave my shop like that. I did so many things for you over the time. You have beat the hell out of that car. We even have the drag maps.

I really dont understand this.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 06:48 AM

Oh yeah that's right Tobz it was more like 7 times not 5.

This map was pulled straight from the car by a reputable tuner, you refused to give up the E85 map, interesting. If you don't recall you were asked to flash the 91 octane map on there which is shown above. Multiple tuners better than you have looked at your maps and they all laughed and asked whether the car was still in one piece.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 06:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
The bad mouthing tuner theory based on another tuner being reputable is bogus. It's an endless circle . And who really knows what happened in between?

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Oct 3, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
The bad mouthing tuner theory based on another tuner being reputable is bogus.
In many cases, yes it is bogus but that's usually when another tuner is just trying to prove that they're better at tuning than everybody else. This is different. This is a 91 octane map that I was told was to "get me on the road" even though he had the car forever. He had multiple chances to fix the issue but he was too lazy and even mentioned that a switch be made to an AEM EMS. This is coming from the same guy that told me that Speed Density is a fad.......
Old Oct 3, 2012, 07:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Well I have had a bad tune as well and I learned no matter how much I bad mouthed the culprit there is still fan boys and people who still go based on 87% good results. You're venting for your own good and maybe some sympathy but realistically you're not gonna knock anyone down.

Vendor review section would be great for this post. It would get shredded in 8 hours or less

I feel for ya, and now you know why I tune my own car.

Sorry for keeping going ot.

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Oct 3, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Well I have had a bad tune as well and I learned no matter how much I bad mouthed the culprit there is still fan boys and people who still go based on 87% good results. You're venting for your own good and maybe some sympathy but realistically you're not gonna knock anyone down.

Vendor review section would be great for this post. It would get shredded in 8 hours or less

I feel for ya, and now you know why I tune my own car.

Sorry for keeping going ot.
Yeah i know people will keep going to Tobz for tunes because they have no other choice, it's too bad. It's sad it took one post to get him to respond yet multiple phone calls and voicemails were left unanswered. It seems he cares more about his public image than taking care of his customers. Lesson learned I guess.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9SecSLC
Anybody want to see a ****ty TOBZ Performance tune? I never recommend that anybody go to tobz in colorado for a tune. $300 for this garbage:

You think that one is bad? Oh man, I have a lot of his pump gas and E85 timing maps, and to say the least, they are absolutely horrible.

More needs to be said about Tobz ****ty tuning.

But all these posts will probably be deleted since Tobz is a vendor on here, and he is going to go whine to the mods about people bad mouthing him.

Originally Posted by tobz
I would never have a car leave my shop like that. I did so many things for you over the time. You have beat the hell out of that car. We even have the drag maps.
Seriously?

You let cars leave your shop like this all the time. As long as they paid you the money, you could care less. Ask me how I know.......

Dont worry, the word is spreading about how ****ty of tuner you are. I am up in Denver all the time fixing cars from your retarded tunes.

Last edited by chetrickerman; Oct 3, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:16 AM

WOW LEO!!

Thats my e85 map!!! not my pump gas map, which you have both.
5 Chances...why dont you tell the whole story.

You were moving in a rush and needed to switch to pump gas. We switched over the fuel and tuned the car. You wanted 500 hp on pump. I said ok, lets see what we can do, dont forget this a motor I built for you which has been great. We tuned the car and it did around 500. It ran fine. Then a day or so later Leo called and said its got a hiccup around 3500. I said bring it over and let me look at, I knew something might be a little off cause we switched to pump and may have had some e85 in left in the tank. I looked at the car changed a few things and the car ran fine...he moved a few days later. I really didnt hear anything from you for a year. He says my tune is off and I want my money back. Somethings up, as Leo has both e85 and pump tune. That is not my pump gas map tune. Sorry, dont know what you have done.

I really dont understand this.

I would be more than happy to tell the whole story. Let's start with the text messages.

4-18-11 I got a tune from you because my wife was going to Utah to work. NOT BECAUSE I WAS MOVING IN A RUSH. You text me saying "ok... all good... 384 hp and 300 tq" I asked how much boost you replied "16" I then asked is that the best you can do? (keep in mind this is a built car with a 6262" you mentioned it wouldn't boost more than 16 psi and couldnt figure it out. I asked you to swap boost controllers to see if that was the issue and it was! you text me "ok... 500 hp and 400 tq at 26 psi" you mentioned you put a new forge boost controller on it. I asked how much, you never replied. I picked up the car drove straight home didn't notice anything. thanked you and said you did a good job on coloradoevo.com

4-19-11 I called to complain about the car cutting out at 4k rpm part throttle. which the car never did with the previous tune (done by you on E85) you mentioned "stock ECU's get sketchy sometimes" weird statement but whatever. You were trying to get me to go with the aem ems. I didn't want to, still don't.

6-4-11 I let you know the car was still cutting out around 4k rpm.

6-6-11 my wife started using the A/C (it was summer, we have a 1 year old) the car kept dying at every light. Notified you about that as well.

6-9-11 I took it in to you to fix the idle with A/C on. You adjusted it and it made it a lot better. Didn't fix it all the way but I was ok with it. you specifically told turn it on slowly. I talked to you about throwing it on the dyno and looking at the tune again but you didn't have time.

6-15-11 notified you about the 4k issue... AGAIN

6-26-11 I took the car up to you. You threw it on the dyno for a couple hours and couldn't figure it out. I ended up leaving it up there for some head work. You performed some head work, pointed out my dump tube had fallen off so you welded a new one. the car took forever due to you finding a crack in my turbo. We shipped the turbo back to precision. You took longer to assemble it because you mentioned that you guys had installed the cam caps wrong. (love the honesty)

9-7-11 I picked up the car. You were trying to sell me another tune. Why woudl I buy another tune when you couldn't get the first one right? Of course I declined.

9-8-11 I complained again about the car cutting out. Stated that the car was fine before you tuned it and it had to be your tune. You mentioned " Ok... should be able to clear that up with the E-85 tune" I mentioned again the car was fine before and you even admitted to my wife and I that your tune was a "temporary tune" that you did not spend that much time on. WHY WOULD YOU DO A TEMPORARY TUNE ON ANYONES CAR AND CHARGE THEM FULL PRICE? I PAID FOR A NORMAL TUNE NOT "TEMPORARY" (This pisses me off)

9-11-11 you agreed to fix the tune "this week of the week after" (which I thought it was cool and the right thing to do)

9-15-11 I followed up with you to see when. You said you were busy.

9-20-11 I asked again. still busy...

9-28-11 I tell you I'm moving friday. You asked where I said Utah, never heard from you again.

I spoke with you about how you drained the gas out a few months after. (to switch from E-85 to pump)

About a month ago I had the car retuned at Ziptie Dynowerks In SLC, Ut on speed density (something you called a FAD and did not want to do) The car runs awesome at all RPM's. That's when I confirmed the tune was the issue the whole time.

I called you about 3 weeks ago to discuss possible reimbursement, I was being mor than fair by simply asking for half of my money back. I valued your time and wanted to meet you half way even though the tune was messed up. I also mentioned to you that I appreciated that you gave me the boost controller for free (which you didn't have to do) You then said if I gave you that for free were square. I disagreed. You started talking about my wife who has nothing to do with you and I. You mentioned that you wanted to think about it over the weekend and to call you on monday.

I called you monday and no response so I left a voicemail. Wednesday... same. Friday... same. I mentioned Friday that this was my 3rd voicemail and I would really like a call back. Why tell someone to call you if you don't have the courtesy to answer or return calls. I was sure to leave voicemails because at one point you mentioned that your phone "doesn't receive calls from iPhones" weird.... I think it's also weird that you're on facebook posting about random stuff but can't even answer or return a call. It's also weird to me that you don't care about your customers to answer calls but post online immediately when it goes public. Shows what you really care.

You know I'm not the type of person to lie and make up stuff to make my story sound better. Everything that I have posted on here and everywhere else is the truth. I have all the text messages saved to prove to anyone. I'm not trying to put you out of business or anything like that. I would simply like to share my experience with the evo community. As you know I have shared both positive and negative experiences about you.

When I posed on coloradoevo.com about the tune I had someone pm me and say "not putting this in the group page, but the tune almost looks like tobz. back in the day he was well knows for adding boost and timing, but not doing anything about the afr" which proves that you DO let cars leave out of your shop like that.

You made a claim in your above post that that is your E-85 map. That is simply inaccurate since you refused to give me my E-85 tune after you tuned it on 91 (can you please explain why you did that) so I never have had an E-85 tune from you in my possesion besides what came with the car. You also mentioned I beat the hell out of the car. How did you come up with that?? Especialy since the car was mainly driven by my wife and toddler less than 20 miles a week. If you look at your invoices and check mileage you'll see the car never gets driven. Especialy by me and I rarely got on it then due to your sketchy work.

Where are these race maps? I think once again you're confused, you might have had maps when Josh owned the car but not me. Communicating with you throughtout this whole thing has been a joke. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post on the national forum. You're losing a lot of credability with the Evo community. I had people on here and other reputable tuners look at your tune and they have all said it was garbage. Is that a coincidence? people who don't know each other. That's all I got for you.

ps my motor is fine ( that you built) but then again it has well under 7,000 miles since you built it. It has however always leaked oil.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues between Tobz and Murkdevo but this really isn't the place to be having that conversation. Hopefully a mod will come in and clean this up and move your comments to a new thread.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

I would be more than happy to tell the whole story. Let's start with the text messages.

4-18-11 I got a tune from you because my wife was going to Utah to work. NOT BECAUSE I WAS MOVING IN A RUSH. You text me saying "ok... all good... 384 hp and 300 tq" I asked how much boost you replied "16" I then asked is that the best you can do? (keep in mind this is a built car with a 6262" you mentioned it wouldn't boost more than 16 psi and couldnt figure it out. I asked you to swap boost controllers to see if that was the issue and it was! you text me "ok... 500 hp and 400 tq at 26 psi" you mentioned you put a new forge boost controller on it. I asked how much, you never replied. I picked up the car drove straight home didn't notice anything. thanked you and said you did a good job on coloradoevo.com

4-19-11 I called to complain about the car cutting out at 4k rpm part throttle. which the car never did with the previous tune (done by you on E85) you mentioned "stock ECU's get sketchy sometimes" weird statement but whatever. You were trying to get me to go with the aem ems. I didn't want to, still don't.

6-4-11 I let you know the car was still cutting out around 4k rpm.

6-6-11 my wife started using the A/C (it was summer, we have a 1 year old) the car kept dying at every light. Notified you about that as well.

6-9-11 I took it in to you to fix the idle with A/C on. You adjusted it and it made it a lot better. Didn't fix it all the way but I was ok with it. you specifically told turn it on slowly. I talked to you about throwing it on the dyno and looking at the tune again but you didn't have time.

6-15-11 notified you about the 4k issue... AGAIN

6-26-11 I took the car up to you. You threw it on the dyno for a couple hours and couldn't figure it out. I ended up leaving it up there for some head work. You performed some head work, pointed out my dump tube had fallen off so you welded a new one. the car took forever due to you finding a crack in my turbo. We shipped the turbo back to precision. You took longer to assemble it because you mentioned that you guys had installed the cam caps wrong. (love the honesty)

9-7-11 I picked up the car. You were trying to sell me another tune. Why woudl I buy another tune when you couldn't get the first one right? Of course I declined.

9-8-11 I complained again about the car cutting out. Stated that the car was fine before you tuned it and it had to be your tune. You mentioned " Ok... should be able to clear that up with the E-85 tune" I mentioned again the car was fine before and you even admitted to my wife and I that your tune was a "temporary tune" that you did not spend that much time on. WHY WOULD YOU DO A TEMPORARY TUNE ON ANYONES CAR AND CHARGE THEM FULL PRICE? I PAID FOR A NORMAL TUNE NOT "TEMPORARY" (This pisses me off)

9-11-11 you agreed to fix the tune "this week of the week after" (which I thought it was cool and the right thing to do)

9-15-11 I followed up with you to see when. You said you were busy.

9-20-11 I asked again. still busy...

9-28-11 I tell you I'm moving friday. You asked where I said Utah, never heard from you again.

I spoke with you about how you drained the gas out a few months after. (to switch from E-85 to pump)

About a month ago I had the car retuned at Ziptie Dynowerks In SLC, Ut on speed density (something you called a FAD and did not want to do) The car runs awesome at all RPM's. That's when I confirmed the tune was the issue the whole time.

I called you about 3 weeks ago to discuss possible reimbursement, I was being mor than fair by simply asking for half of my money back. I valued your time and wanted to meet you half way even though the tune was messed up. I also mentioned to you that I appreciated that you gave me the boost controller for free (which you didn't have to do) You then said if I gave you that for free were square. I disagreed. You started talking about my wife who has nothing to do with you and I. You mentioned that you wanted to think about it over the weekend and to call you on monday.

I called you monday and no response so I left a voicemail. Wednesday... same. Friday... same. I mentioned Friday that this was my 3rd voicemail and I would really like a call back. Why tell someone to call you if you don't have the courtesy to answer or return calls. I was sure to leave voicemails because at one point you mentioned that your phone "doesn't receive calls from iPhones" weird.... I think it's also weird that you're on facebook posting about random stuff but can't even answer or return a call. It's also weird to me that you don't care about your customers to answer calls but post online immediately when it goes public. Shows what you really care.

You know I'm not the type of person to lie and make up stuff to make my story sound better. Everything that I have posted on here and everywhere else is the truth. I have all the text messages saved to prove to anyone. I'm not trying to put you out of business or anything like that. I would simply like to share my experience with the evo community. As you know I have shared both positive and negative experiences about you.

When I posed on coloradoevo.com about the tune I had someone pm me and say "not putting this in the group page, but the tune almost looks like tobz. back in the day he was well knows for adding boost and timing, but not doing anything about the afr" which proves that you DO let cars leave out of your shop like that.

You made a claim in your above post that that is your E-85 map. That is simply inaccurate since you refused to give me my E-85 tune after you tuned it on 91 (can you please explain why you did that) so I never have had an E-85 tune from you in my possesion besides what came with the car. You also mentioned I beat the hell out of the car. How did you come up with that?? Especialy since the car was mainly driven by my wife and toddler less than 20 miles a week. If you look at your invoices and check mileage you'll see the car never gets driven. Especialy by me and I rarely got on it then due to your sketchy work.

Where are these race maps? I think once again you're confused, you might have had maps when Josh owned the car but not me. Communicating with you throughtout this whole thing has been a joke. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post on the national forum. You're losing a lot of credability with the Evo community. I had people on here and other reputable tuners look at your tune and they have all said it was garbage. Is that a coincidence? people who don't know each other. That's all I got for you.

ps my motor is fine ( that you built) but then again it has well under 7,000 miles since you built it. It has however always leaked oil.
Sorry Leo, just looking over my notes from last year. I did tune the car on 4-18, then the car came back 2 months later because it was running bad. Put it on the dyno...have the graphs....the car made 364 with a terrible graph....temps went thru the roof. Jumped out of the car and looked around the dumptube was gone and rad was melted with a hole in it. I called and let Leo know what was going on. He said he did not know it came off as his wife had driven the car 8 hours back from Utah. We took off the head and repleaced the gasket and at that time found a crank in the turbo, which we sent the turbo to get fixed. We put everything back together fine...cams caps have numbers on them...nobody but these in backwords. We did not change the tune after that. The car never was on the dyno again.

I said since we did work to the car, we could tune it again if you want to make sure all is good. You said no, we are moving, I said I would recommend it get checked in the new state, then call the tune on the car temporary until you get it checked in a new state.

I do not know what you are talking about AEM or SD....these where things we talked about if you wanted to go to big HP numbers at the time.

I said SD was the new fad and I hadnt picked up on it yet, that I knew AEM right now and if he wanted to make a switch ASAP, I would only do AEM. Thats all.

Any buddy who ask would get a rom of theirs, why would you say you don't have them.

Call me if you have any questions, anybody can call me if they have questions!

Brian
303-489-4455
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:10 PM

Brian
303-489-4455
He already tried to call you and you won't answer, too little too late buddy. Backpedaling won't get you anywhere.
You said you would fix it? Why would you do that if there was nothing to fix?:
Name:  IMG_1576.png
Views: 0
Size:  144.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2725.png
Size:  140.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2848.png
Name:  IMG_9496.png

Last edited by 9SecSLC; Oct 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 01:00 PM

Sorry Leo, just looking over my notes from last year. I did tune the car on 4-18, then the car came back 2 months later because it was running bad. Put it on the dyno...have the graphs....the car made 364 with a terrible graph....temps went thru the roof. Jumped out of the car and looked around the dumptube was gone and rad was melted with a hole in it. I called and let Leo know what was going on. He said he did not know it came off as his wife had driven the car 8 hours back from Utah. We took off the head and repleaced the gasket and at that time found a crank in the turbo, which we sent the turbo to get fixed. We put everything back together fine...cams caps have numbers on them...nobody but these in backwords. We did not change the tune after that. The car never was on the dyno again.

I said since we did work to the car, we could tune it again if you want to make sure all is good. You said no, we are moving, I said I would recommend it get checked in the new state, then call the tune on the car temporary until you get it checked in a new state.

I do not know what you are talking about AEM or SD....these where things we talked about if you wanted to go to big HP numbers at the time.

I said SD was the new fad and I hadnt picked up on it yet, that I knew AEM right now and if he wanted to make a switch ASAP, I would only do AEM. Thats all.

Any buddy who ask would get a rom of theirs, why would you say you don't have them.

Brian
303-489-4455

That's a pretty short response to a long list of complaints. I have highlighted in red everything that is inaccurate in your statement.

You did not put everything on right. I specifically remember you blaming it on Nick. You mentioned he put the wrong ones on.

Since you can't tell the truth about what happened.I have chosen to have some of our text messages uploaded for everyone to see. 9secslc has posted those for everyone. I never said I didn't want you to fix it. Why would I? I paid you $300 for a good tune and left with a "TEMPORARY" tune. You never mentioned that I should have somebody else look at the car. As a business owner why wouldn't you have fixed it yourself.

You say anybody can have their ROM but you told us we couldn't becuase it was no good anymore. You simply tried to sell us another tune. As you can see from my FACTS and honesty on everything else I would not lie. The tune I uploaded was straight off my car. If I had another tune don't you think I would have uploaded it?

CALL YOU IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS..... Are you being serious right now?? I tried several times with no response until this went public. Let me know if YOU have any questions.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 01:16 PM

So, anybody have any more input on my car?
It's a few pages back by now.
Could you guys please take this somewhere else?
Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 01:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by timv
So, anybody have any more input on my car?
It's a few pages back by now.
Could you guys please take this somewhere else?
Thanks.
The knock At 5500 randomly? Det cans and careful knock sensor evaluation

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps