Notices
ECU Flash

how-to: Log AFR from the LC-1 w/o a serial cable

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
LOL see this is why I need a lil more zeitronix info to this how-to. I looked though this whole thread, every page and every post, but I didnt find the info I need. Unless I missed it, which I doubt.
To use the ZT2, the only thing that needs to be modified is the scaling in the EvoScan Data.xml file. You'll need to determine a scaling based on the 0-5 V analog out on the ZT2.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
To use the ZT2, the only thing that needs to be modified is the scaling in the EvoScan Data.xml file. You'll need to determine a scaling based on the 0-5 V analog out on the ZT2.
Thanks for the info.

Hasent someone here hooked up the ZT2 like this and have the scaling? Or can you tell me how to determine the scaling?

Also what wire do I use off the ZT-2 as it has two outputs.

WHITE - Wideband Analog Output
&
PURPLE - Simulated Narrowband O2 Output (for your stock ECU) / Linear Wideband Output

Im assuming the white one.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:23 PM
EvoM Guru

I thought JOT had worked it out. Yes, its the white wire.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

I thought JOT had worked it out. Yes, its the white wire.
Yeah I reviewed the thread again and saw that it seemed that JOT had done it. I PMd him.

Can the pins only be bought on the net or do you think they can be found locally?

Thx
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just find a sutiably thick wire and stuff it into the hole... make sure u use something to keep it jammed into the socket hole.... worked fine for over a year for me.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I reviewed the thread again and saw that it seemed that JOT had done it. I PMd him.

Can the pins only be bought on the net or do you think they can be found locally?

Thx
2g Eclipse ecu pin works too. Just cut a pigtail off one in the junkyard and solder your 5v analog wire onto that. Or do like I did and run directly to the rear o2 point under the seat. Less mess that way.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Thx
Check the "Important ECU Topics" sticky. There is a link to a thread that lists places to buy pins.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Check the "Important ECU Topics" sticky. There is a link to a thread that lists places to buy pins.
I know. I was asking if you think there is any place you could get them locally ie radio shack. Just so I dont have to wait for my order. I like instant gratification. And supporting local economy is also a +

I think im just gonna hit up the local pick n pull and see if I can get one off a 2G.

Thank though.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:08 PM
EvoM Guru

I know. I was asking if you think there is any place you could get them locally ie radio shack. Just so I dont have to wait for my order. I like instant gratification. And supporting local economy is also a +

I think im just gonna hit up the local pick n pull and see if I can get one off a 2G.

Thank though.
I think the junkyard will be your best bet for local access.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey guys quick question. i've been playing with my rom and ecuflash. i'm adding an omni 4 bar map sensor to the car and the lc-1 direct to the ecu. i have modified my rom but now i have a question about evoscan. i have version 2.6 beta and it seems to have an option for the WB through the ecu but the formula looks different. should i modify to show whats in this thread or should i leave it alone because its the latest and greatest? so far i have modified both ecuflash and evoscan for the map sensor but i need to do the wb portion now.

any info is appreciated!
thanks

EDIT: i just added the info to the data so now i have the LC-1/ECU readout through evoscan. i havent tried it yet since i just ordered the sensor and i'm currently out of town. but i was going through the thread and i have to change the value to the mut table. MUT 12 needs to be 8409 now. my question is do i have to put that across the entire MUT12? it shows 0-1-2-3-4-5-7-8-9-a-b-c-d-e-f for the x axis and the y axis starts at MUT0x throu MUT1dx. is this right? and which value do i have to change?

Last edited by vmrevo9; Dec 3, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

bump!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

can anyone help answer my question? can anyone post a pic of their mut table with the the changed value for MUT12x? i'm only going to use the map sensor for logging boost for now and i want the LC-1 in throught the ecu for easier logging.

i just want to make sure i have everything covered prior to installing the rom in my car and tuning again.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Hasent someone here hooked up the ZT2 like this and have the scaling? Or can you tell me how to determine the scaling?

Also what wire do I use off the ZT-2 as it has two outputs.

WHITE - Wideband Analog Output
&
PURPLE - Simulated Narrowband O2 Output (for your stock ECU) / Linear Wideband Output

Im assuming the white one.
I use the purple wire for my ZT2 as its linear the white is not.....i have had my Zt2 installed through the ecu for a long time now, sorry i didn't see this earlier - if u need help let me know.

EDIT: Seems they changed it since i bought mine.....now the white is linear if you have a 2010 updated model ZT2. I attached the link - depending on when you bought the ZT2 and the shelf life from where you bought it will determine what you use for the linear output (purple or white).

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt...bandoutput.htm

Last edited by travman; Jan 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
can anyone help answer my question? can anyone post a pic of their mut table with the the changed value for MUT12x? i'm only going to use the map sensor for logging boost for now and i want the LC-1 in throught the ecu for easier logging.

i just want to make sure i have everything covered prior to installing the rom in my car and tuning again.
Which rom are you using?

For reading the LC-1, I'm using requestID 12 and the following correction : 0.05898*x + 7.35

EDIT: this will, of course, vary depending on how the analog out on the LC-1 is calibrated.

d

Last edited by donour; Jan 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vmrevo9

I just got the answer to this today from TouringBubble. The way he explained it, its not MUT12x. It is MUT1x, 2.

It should look like this. It's highlighted and circled in RED
Name:  mut1-2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  113.2 KB

Quick Reply: how-to: Log AFR from the LC-1 w/o a serial cable