Notices
ECU Flash

LC-1 vs. Stock O2 readings..

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
At WOT? Man, never...ever...trust the narrowband O2 sensor readings for any tuning (as this ENTIRE thread is full of people telling you this). Like mentioned earlier, the narrowband sensor is basically an on/off switching sensor. Its either above .45 volts or its below .45 volts. Thats it and thats all the ECU is looking for. One day my front O2 sensor will read .88v at 11.2AFR (on my wideband) and another day it'll read .81 at the same AFR.

There shouldn't be ANY question that you should even remotely trust the front O2 sensor over a wideband for tuning ever.

Also, don't forget that a "lambda" narrowband sensor reads the lambda for the fuel being used. When you use gas, the front O2 will switch at 14.7 but with E85 lambda is 9.7AFR. The sensor only looks for a stoich burn of whatever fuel its seeing being burned. It doesn't look for "14.7:1", just 1.0 lambda. People forget that.

I never implied that I was tuning to the lambda off the primary O2 sensor, that's obvious by looking at my datalog. The LC-1 AFR is right on. I was using the lambda as a more or less "double check" to see if the AFR's were even close.. Apparently they are not, which is why I was asking as to the accuracy of it.

I am fighting a few issues on my car now, but all in all, I am not seeing the real benefits of E85 just yet, and this was a small trouble shoot to see if a system on my car was acting up...

Don't worry, I never have, and never will, and did not tune my car using the primary O2...