Notices
ECU Flash

Buschur intake pipe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well anyways, l2r99gst is helping me so it's fine.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RedLanEVO
No, sorry, I guess you don't get it. I want to do this myself.
....and I need this to work because I will have my HTA37r this Wed.
Have you ever heard of the stock rubber pipe fitting onto a 4" compressor inlet?
You did not specify that you gonna have an upgraded turbo kit before my post, how would I know that you want to fit the hard pipe for upgraded turbo? I am not God...
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

That's why you don't assume.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, redlanevo, I took a look at your logs and your idle is pretty well tuned with what you have at your 50Hz mark in your maf scaling table. It's your cruise portions that are still anywhere from 10-16% off or so.

With the limited amount of data that we have, this is what I suggest that you try for your MAF scaling, for the first 12 values:

I left the first three values alone. You already had these corrected by roughly -25%. The 50Hz point is where you are idling at and your LTFT Lo is 0 and your STFT is fluctuatiing above and below 0, which is fine. So, those were left alone.

Then, I looked at your logs and from the limited amount of data, it looks like you need the follow corrections:

100 Hz needs about 10% taken out
125 Hz needs about 16% taken out
150Hz needs about 12% taken out

So, I made those adjustments and then tapered the next four cells down at -10%, -8%, -6%, -4%. The cells from there on shouldn't be necessary to tune since you should be in open loop at that time, unless you are doing a high RPM cruise. So, your WOT tuning will use the open loop fueling tables for tuning. I also used an average value for the 75Hz point in between the correction you had at 50Hz and the correction I made at 100Hz.

Give these settings a shot. Load them in, reset the ECU, then let the car idle and warm up, then go cruise at a set RPM again for a few minutes.

See if anything improves at all in terms of drivability. You can do some logs again to check the LTFT Mid. It should be coming closer to 0 now with the above changes. If stalling and drivability still suffers, we may need to tweak the first couple of cells, but we will have to guess a bit there, since you're idling above that range.

BTW, I changed your logs to LogWorks logs, so that I can easily see them in graphical format. If you have LogWorks, you can view them. I will attach them here.

Eric
Attached Files
File Type: zip
redlanevo.zip (43.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by l2r99gst; Jun 2, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. I will try them out and log them again.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Here are the logs I just did.

idle1 is a log of the idle after a few minutes of idling. midtrim changed from -13 to -4.

cruise1 is a log of my cruise. midtrim changed from -4 to -5 than to 0.
cruise2 is just a log of the cruise after midtrim changed to 0.
idle2 is the log of my idle after my cruise.

Then I just have 2 logs of when it stumbles. The first one is coming to a stop and the second one is just when I blip the throttle.
Attached Thumbnails Buschur intake pipe-maf.jpg  
Attached Files
cruise.zip (62.4 KB, 3 views)
idle.zip (92.0 KB, 3 views)
stumble.zip (11.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by RedLanEVO; Jun 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Is the Buschur hard pipe really going to make power over the stocker with a stock-like turbo? I have one sitting on the shelf. I took it off because of how erratic it made the MAF readings. I can't say that I noticed any difference in power. Just a big improvement in idle stability and the stability of the MAF readings.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Here are the logs I just did.

idle1 is a log of the idle after a few minutes of idling. midtrim changed from -13 to -4.

cruise1 is a log of my cruise. midtrim changed from -4 to -5 than to 0.
cruise2 is just a log of the cruise after midtrim changed to 0.
idle2 is the log of my idle after my cruise.

Then I just have 2 logs of when it stumbles. The first one is coming to a stop and the second one is just when I blip the throttle.
OK, your mid trims are looking a lot better now. Maybe a little more tweaking, but much better.

Now, let me take a look at the stumble logs to see if we can try to fix that.

Eric
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Is the Buschur hard pipe really going to make power over the stocker with a stock-like turbo? I have one sitting on the shelf. I took it off because of how erratic it made the MAF readings. I can't say that I noticed any difference in power. Just a big improvement in idle stability and the stability of the MAF readings.
Yeah, I don't know about that but I need it for my HTA37r. After all, I can't fit a stocker on a 4" inlet.
Even if the trims change with the new turbo, (I don't know if it will) it should be close enough to where I can help myself at correcting it.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
l2r, is it really necessary to log for 16 minutes each time you log trims? That was my understanding from another thread. I need to fix my scaling I'm sure, but I don't have time for 16 minute logs nor do I have the space/lack of traffic to do it. I'm not having anywhere near the issues the OP is having. Matter of fact, I'm not really having any issues at all. Just when I put my Buschur pipe on my tune went haywire.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I don't know about that but I need it for my HTA37r. After all, I can't fit a stocker on a 4" inlet.
Even if the trims change with the new turbo, (I don't know if it will) it should be close enough to where I can help myself at correcting it.
Oh just a little heat gun action and you can strap it on i'm sure
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
l2r, is it really necessary to log for 16 minutes each time you log trims? That was my understanding from another thread. I need to fix my scaling I'm sure, but I don't have time for 16 minute logs nor do I have the space/lack of traffic to do it. I'm not having anywhere near the issues the OP is having. Matter of fact, I'm not really having any issues at all. Just when I put my Buschur pipe on my tune went haywire.
No, you don't need to log for 16 minutes. It may take that amount of time for the STFT to be fully pushed over into the LTFT, but you don't have to log that long.

All you have to do is log your STFT and your LTFT. The error is the addition of those two.

Eric
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mplspilot
Oh just a little heat gun action and you can strap it on i'm sure
Or I can just weld the stock compressor cover to the 37r. I'm sure that'll work too
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
No, you don't need to log for 16 minutes. It may take that amount of time for the STFT to be fully pushed over into the LTFT, but you don't have to log that long.

All you have to do is log your STFT and your LTFT. The error is the addition of those two.

Eric
Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

redlanevo, slightly off topic here, but did you change the 'accel enrichment' table at all in your ROM? And, when you changed from the stock intake pipe to the Burchur pipe, did you change anything in your ROM besides the maf scaling table, like injector scaling, latency or anything?

I looked at your second stumbling log (I opened the first one and took a brief look, but your RPM never stumbled...maybe you posted the wrong log). Anyway, I see exactly what the problem is, but I can't explain why it is doing it at this time.

Your blipping of the throttle is causing the STFT to rapidly increase, 10% on the first blip and 15% on the second blip. It seems as if the stumbling is happening because the STFT is causing too much fuel for the time that the STFT decays back to where it should be. Only when it comes back to where it was does your idle recover. During this whole time period, the Hz values are reading properly. I will post pictures of your log to better explain and show this, but there has to be some function that sets the decay time of the STFT in reponse to something else. That's what the problem is here. We could possibly tweak the maf scaling more, but if something else is controlling the STFT as well (like the accell enrichment table, which mrfred has found to be a baro adjustment to the IPW), then we need to adjust that as well.

Eric

Quick Reply: Buschur intake pipe