Notices
ECU Flash

Buschur intake pipe

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur intake pipe

Anyone else have problems with idle and part throttle with the Buschur intake pipe? I sure do. It's a huge problem with me. I think I started a thread just like this one a while ago but decided to use the stock maf pipe. Since then I installed 1000cc injectors and scaled my injectors. My trims are 0-2% for cruise and idle. Even though my trims are spot on, when I install the Buschur hardpipe, the car idles and drives like ****. It's not the typical stall issue. No, it's something bigger than that. Idles really really rich (10-11 afr). When I'm on part throttle and light acceleration, it swings so lean that my AEM wideband won't read it. It's this problem plus the typical stall issue. It dies EVERY TIME that I let go of the gas. So...anyone else have this problem?
With the stock maf pipe, my car idles and drives perfectly fine. WOT is no problem obviously.
So far, no one has helped me on this one. Either that or no one else has run into this problem.

I even drilled a hole and tapped it to put a nipple on so I can run the breather hose to the intake from the valve cover. No help there either.
I want to ask for a base scaling of the intake pipe but I know people have put lots of time into their own tune. If someone is kind enough, I'll really appreciate it.

I tried scaling the maf myself but for some odd reason, nothing changes. I want to use someone's maf scaling of the Buschur pipe to see if anything changes...otherwise it will be time for an ETS intake pipe.
Old May 30, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

I would contact buschur since its their pipe, thats probably the best thing to do.
Old May 30, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
I know they state on their website that you might run into issues if you install it without running speed density.

I haven't had any stalling issues with mine but it does run different from having the stock snorkel on.
Old May 30, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Yup, but I just can't seem to be able to scale it to work. Other intake pipes like the Injen worked fine (wanted to stall at times...never died) even before I scaled them.
Old May 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Are you recircing your DV or are you running a BOV?
Old May 30, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Scaling shouldn't be too difficult.

What have you tried and what did you base it on? All you would need to do is log your LTFT Lo, LTFT Mid, STFT, and Airflow Hz at a minimum to begin calculating how to scale for the pipe.

You said that you tried to scale the MAF, but nothing was changing. Do you have before and after logs of the above and what you changed?

If not, do some logs and I can suggest some values for you to try.

Eric
Old May 30, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Ok thanks Eric.

I am running a Works DV. (modified stock IX DV)
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Here's some bunch of logs I made yesterday while I was trying to scale my MAF. This was logged with Mitsulogger. The short term fuels trims are all whacked. They are never steady...(this was just swapping out the stock intake tube with the Buschur hardpipe..no other changes) Have always used a Buschur filter with the stock maf pipe and the hardpipe.
Being that the short term trims are never steady, scaling the Maf seems impossible to me.

http://www.upload4free.com/download....-01-010426.zip

Helps me! I need this thing scaled to be able to run my HTA37r.

Last edited by RedLanEVO; Jun 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

If no one can help me on this, I guess I'll buy an ETS intake and see if it makes a difference. This Buschur hard-pipe is really giving me a headache.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RedLanEVO
Here's some bunch of logs I made yesterday while I was trying to scale my MAF. This was logged with Mitsulogger. The short term fuels trims are all whacked. They are never steady...(this was just swapping out the stock intake tube with the Buschur hardpipe..no other changes) Have always used a Buschur filter with the stock maf pipe and the hardpipe.
Being that the short term trims are never steady, scaling the Maf seems impossible to me.

http://www.upload4free.com/download....-01-010426.zip

Helps me! I need this thing scaled to be able to run my HTA37r.
Were all of these logs done with the same MAF scaling or are some before and after changes that you made?
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

The first one was with stock maf scaling. The rest of them were of me trying to scale the maf.

Sometimes, I'd have positive short term and then sometimes, I'd have negative. It would be like +24 for a couple minutes then swing then swing to -6 for a couple minutes. This is at the same HZ reading.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RedLanEVO
The first one was with stock maf scaling. The rest of them were of me trying to scale the maf.

Sometimes, I'd have positive short term and then sometimes, I'd have negative. It would be like +24 for a couple minutes then swing then swing to -6 for a couple minutes. This is at the same HZ reading.
That's what I thought. But if you were changing your maf scaling throughout all of these logs, then how are we supposed to help when we don't know what you were doing?

For example, in your last log, it looks like you have the idle working pretty well. I'm assuming that was after your last change to the MAF scaling? I would say, based on that log, you are done or almost done with the idle range. Now, you would have to go on a steady cruise (after warmed up) at like 2500-3000 RPM and log this again. Then look at LTFT Mid and STFT and that is how much, percentage wise, that you have to change your scaling at the Hz being logged.

Edit: Also, to make this a little easier, you can reset your ECU after each change (unhook the battery for a few seconds). This will reset your long term fuel trims to 0, so that your STFT will show the results of your change.

Edit2: Also, if you are going to post any logs, make sure we know what your MAF scaling table looks like for each log.

Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Jun 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
How about calling Buschur to see if they have a scaling. I'm sure they must have had to deal with this when tuning customer cars.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Ok thanks again. Will do that tonight.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

redlanevo, do this for your next set of logs.

Just 2 logs:

1. One at idle after car is warmed up.
2. One at cruise after the car is warmed up. For this log, hold the car as steady as you can at an RPM anywhere in the range of 2000-3500. Actually, if you can, do two logs, each at different RPM, but steady. Basically, what I want to see is a log at different Hz readings, so that we can see how to shape your scaling table. The important part here is to keep as steady a Hz number as possible for the logs.

Log what you have in your other logs: RPM, LTFT Lo, LTFT mid, STFT, and airflow. The logs don't have to be that long. One minute should be enough. It just has to be long enough to see what the Hz, LTFT, and Hz readings are.

That's all I need to help you out. I can tell you what to put into your maf scaling table then. If it doesn't work or if the intake pipe truly isn't consistent in regards to the MAF's airlfow reading, then you may have to switch pipes, but I think we can nail it down for you.

Edit: Forgot to mention to let us know your current MAF scaling table for the logs as well.

Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Jun 1, 2008 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur intake pipe