Notices
ECU Flash

disable P0300 test

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^ RESET it for what? what's the code for...?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a few posts ago he said he always gets p0300 on cold starts.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
I think a few posts ago he said he always gets p0300 on cold starts.
Indeed i did.. thanks So is there anyone that knows how to disable this that can either explain it to me in english "as i dont understand these codes etc" or just disable the p0300 code for me on my rom??
Old Nov 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Indeed i did.. thanks So is there anyone that knows how to disable this that can either explain it to me in english "as i dont understand these codes etc" or just disable the p0300 code for me on my rom??
The first post shows and explains how to do it

very simple just add the code to your rom id xml file then open up your map and at the bottom as in the picture added to the post you'll see it just edit and paste what you should put in as instructed and then flash your evo
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Add the "code" where? What is a xml file? I'm very PC illiterate I guess as i dont understand any of that lol.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Stop right there. You are facing a very steep learning curve. Find someone in your region who knows what they are doing. It will be worth the wait and the trip.

In the meantime, get a "CReader" brand OBDII scanner (check Ebay) and leave it plugged into the OBDII port. It will fix your P0300 problem in the meantime.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Add the "code" where? What is a xml file? I'm very PC illiterate I guess as i dont understand any of that lol.
Sorry I haven't had time to help you with this. First thing that you'll need to do is determine the ID of your ROM. You'll need to open your ROM in EcuFlash to do this. Open it up, and go to the "ROM Info" section. You'll see the ROM ID there.

Next, you'll need to find the ECUFlash xml file for your ROM. Do you know how to find the ECUFlash program on your hard drive? Its located in:

c:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash

In the ECUFlash folder, you'll find a folder called "rommetadata". Drill down into that folder until you find the xml file for your ROM. Open that ROM with Notepad and paste in the items mentioned in the first post. Save the xml file, close ECUFlash, reopen it, and the "Periphery" table(s) should be present.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Sorry I haven't had time to help you with this. First thing that you'll need to do is determine the ID of your ROM. You'll need to open your ROM in EcuFlash to do this. Open it up, and go to the "ROM Info" section. You'll see the ROM ID there.

Next, you'll need to find the ECUFlash xml file for your ROM. Do you know how to find the ECUFlash program on your hard drive? Its located in:

c:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash

In the ECUFlash folder, you'll find a folder called "rommetadata". Drill down into that folder until you find the xml file for your ROM. Open that ROM with Notepad and paste in the items mentioned in the first post. Save the xml file, close ECUFlash, reopen it, and the "Periphery" table(s) should be present.
Tuning is no problem... been doin that for years. But this computer code etc is a totally different ball game lol. Thanks for taking the time out and explaining it a little better for me and not just telling me im stupid basically I appreciate it for sure. I will PM you my ROM ID as i know exactly where thats at I may just have you put the p0300 disable in there for me so i dont mess anything up if you dont mind doin it for me. And "learn" with some other ROMS that I have here on my desktop As I would like to fully understand this and be able to do it myself.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Tuning is no problem... been doin that for years. But this computer code etc is a totally different ball game lol. Thanks for taking the time out and explaining it a little better for me and not just telling me im stupid basically I appreciate it for sure. I will PM you my ROM ID as i know exactly where thats at I may just have you put the p0300 disable in there for me so i dont mess anything up if you dont mind doin it for me. And "learn" with some other ROMS that I have here on my desktop As I would like to fully understand this and be able to do it myself.

Thanks to JackofTrades for making this video. Will give you a better understanding of how to access the .xml and modify your rom based on one of Tephra's patches.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=332778

4th post down. Right click save as.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks alot I'll DL that video right now
Old Nov 23, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot start, warm start, cold start, no start, whatever start, got no problems here whatsoever [so far]. (I even disable the other annoying p0401 code that I'm getting.)

Thank u, mrfred. U tha man.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8URV8
Hot start, warm start, cold start, no start, whatever start, got no problems here whatsoever [so far]. (I even disable the other annoying p0401 code that I'm getting.)

Thank u, mrfred. U tha man.
You sure you don't have one of the hoses loose back near the throttle body or egr? That's boost leak if you do...you know that right?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

I had a "computer smart" friend of mine help me put the Periphery tables on the new version 1.4 of ECU flash. I disabled the P0300 code but have yet to flash my car... I just got home and its late and COLD!! So I will do it in the morning and make sure that annoying code is gone.

Have any of you found any bugs with ECU Flash 1.40?? I was previously running 1.34 and never had any troubles. I hope going to 1.4 was a good thing...
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
You sure you don't have one of the hoses loose back near the throttle body or egr? That's boost leak if you do...you know that right?
That hose from the egr under the TB ALWAYS seems to pop off. I think I might delete it since the egr codes won't pop up.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
That hose from the egr under the TB ALWAYS seems to pop off. I think I might delete it since the egr codes won't pop up.
Hair spray and zipties. I used to suffer from the same issue. If you take off the upper strut bar you gain better access. If you take off the throttlebody you can see where the infamous hose is. Also towards the passenger side there are some hoses that tend to pop off. Well worth the scrapes on the forearm to get them suckers ziptied!

Quick Reply: disable P0300 test