Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4mad
... . I am just finalizing some formulas for EvoX ecus.
I'm somewhat disappointed that you never followed through on sending me what you know about the MUT table addresses for the Evo 10. The sooner we know what you know about the MUT table, the sooner we can make better progress with Evo 10 disassem and improve tuning capability. The faster that evolves, the more people want datalogging software... No one benefits by holding back.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mitsiman, you need EvoScan v2.6 Beta10, I already have enough beta testers at the moment, I'll attach a copy here as soon as I can. I am just finalizing some formulas for EvoX ecus.
No problems I will continue to wait till an update is released. Meanwhile i am trying to find someone I can get a 1.3 cable from so I an use the evoscan 2.5 version for data logging.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where can i get the latest evosan software... i am a subscriber.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sr20kidD
where can i get the latest evosan software... i am a subscriber.
Its posted on the first page, v2.6beta8.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
sweet
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsiman
I have the EvoScan 2.6B on my computer and I cannot get it to work woth the open ECU 2.0 cable. I have downloaded and purchased PCMScan and that works perfectly on OBDII logging no problems.

I reinstalled EVOScan 2.6 and same problem, it keeps saying it cannot communicate with the cable. I successfully using ecuflash and the open port 2.0 cable read / wrote to an EVO 7 ecu today so i know its not the cable.

Any secrets on how to get the EvoScan to work? Its the last piece of the puzzle I need in order to start doing full time tuning on the evo's and other vehicles. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the same problem. How did you fix it? I almost think its my laptop USB drivers.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:11 AM

do we need to just re-download beta 2.6 for the usb openport 2 to work?!?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
umm im sorry i cant find it
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

its there dude, i just downloaded it.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FX11
umm im sorry i cant find it

14th March 2009 - New For EvoScan Display Unit Software v1.3
GPS Navigator v1.3 is now available for download by registered users from the new private GPSNav website.

- Added: The Ecu reFlash read/write screen can now connect after dataogging, and it will cancel the datalogging if its still running.
- Added: ReFlash Evo9 Support - please let me know if this is working on Evo9 ecus.
- Added: Lap Timer EXAMPLE Only Screen.
- Added: 1/4 Mile EXAMPLE Only Screen.
- Added: Actuators is EXAMPLE Only Screen.

23rd February 2009 - New For EvoScan Display Unit Software v1.2
- Added: Auto Start Feature, such as auto start logging, auto start csv logging, auto display gauges on connection.
- Added: 0% Throttle Position Sensor Fix option, this displays the TPS sensor as 0 on the gauges calculated from the minimum value received for the TPS.
- Added: You can choose from the Options->Settings which items you would like to see on the Gauges. Choose any dataitem for each of the 5 Numeric Gauges.
- Added: Alarms option, so that you can be warned via the built in speaker of high temperatures, high knock sum, or high injector duty cycle, etc. You can set up any combination of alarms.
- Added: The Actuators screen is available from the options menu, even though this is still in progess, you can see how it is going to work in the next verison.
- Added: Diagnostic Codes now has 4 options, OBDII DTC CELs, MUTII EFI, MUTII AYC, MUTII ABS ecus.
- Added: RPM gauge now calculates as it should.
- Updated: the Options-> Desktop feature now leaves EvoScan running in the background, so that you can run other apps simultaneously.

Future enhancements
- Fuel Consumption calculations mpg and km/100L.
- EFI/AYC/ABS Actuators support.
- More Gauge screens.
- OpenPort 2.0 support.
- Multitask between Applications using the external buttons.
- 0-100, 0-60ft times.
- Lap Timer, and Sector Times.
- GPS data logging.

January 2009 - New EvoScan GPS Navigator - Full colour 480x272 Resolution/Datalogger/Reflashing/Touchscreen - Supports MUT-II 1996+ Mitsubishis. now available, since 9th February 2009.
HELLO! LOOK AT THE LINK IN THE PARAGRAPH BELOW! OMG HI2U!
January 2009 - EvoScan v2.6 Beta8 version available. Vista 64bit logging support. (download EvoScan v2.6 beta8 here) Let me know any issues asap.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT SOMEHOW IT'S IN THE PARAGRAPH RIGHT ABOVE! KTHNXBYE!
You can go to the folder c:\program files\evoscan\ and make a copy of the "EvoScan v2.5" folder and rename it to "EvoScan v2.6 beta8" and then extract the EvoScanUPGRADEv2.6beta8.zip over the top of the new "EvoScan v2.6 beta8" folder.

New For EvoScan v2.6 beta8
- Added: EvoScan Reflashing Mitsubishi Evo9 or other SH7055 ecus.
- Fixed: EvoScan Vista 64bit now works with datalogging. I changed some compiler settings and have now got it working correctly. EvoScan also now uses HKEY\CurrentUser for settings, as Vista no longer allows HKEY\LocalMachine for storing settings.
- Added: Wideband LC1 Recalibration Feature under the Wideband menu, this Free Air Recalibration, it also sets the LC1 sensor setting to 14.7 (Gasoline) so that the A/F Ratio displays correctly when logging.
- Fixed: Wideband LC1 missing values in the csv log. It will now also log zeros when the oxygen levels are spinning or the device is initializing, also I have capped the wideband logging at 50AFR so that its easier to view the logs on the graphs without the wild high values after lifting off the accelerator.
- Added: Pre1997 Display Diagnostic Codes is now added back on request, this means that if the "Display DTCs" can't get an OBDII diagnostic code response, it will attempt the old mitsubushi MUTII diagnostic trouble codes method, ideal for Evo4/5/6.
- Updated: Actuator Mode from SAS mode to Speed Adj Srew mode. Tired of your idle not settling very well after the battery is disconnected, now you can set the idle setting screw correctly, and make your car run smoother off throttle.
- Updated: Added 1byte Load for Tephra's ecu mod.
- Updated: MapTracer now auto loads xml file based on bin/hex/rom file.
- Updated: Dataitem Priority number now enabled, a value of 2 will mean that the dataitem will only be checked every 2nd cycle, a value of 10 will mean the value will only update once every 10 full cycles.
- Updated: In progress, openport 2 cable support.
- Updated: MapTracer now displays a border around the cell you have clicked on to easily reference the actual values to the ROM values.
- Updated: MapTracer now displays an enhanced tooltip with a column containing the Interpolated Target value based on the ECU ROM file's Actual Load and Actual RPM. This value is what the ecu calculated as the Target Timing or Target AFR was at the time the vehicle was running.
- Updated: Diagnostic Trouble codes now looks for 1996+ vehicle DTCs first (i.e. evo7/8/9+), then checks for Pre 1996 Vehicle DTCs (i.e evo4/5/6)
- Updated: ChartMin and ChartMax in the data.xml is used for displaying a second scaled axis on the right hand side. perfect for Wideband sensor graphing with a scale of 10-16 AFR. Thanks Tephra for testing that out.
- Updated: Evo7/8 Reflashing support.

Outstanding EvoScan issues being worked on: (your issue not being addressed here? send me a support ticket at www.evoscan.org/helpdesk)
- OpenPort 2.0 now Supported, beta9 - not yet released until DTC is done.
- DTC for OpenPort 2.0 and MUT DTC support. In progress this weekend.
- Wideband Serial port logging in Vista 64bit, requires a serial port code rewrite, in progress this week.
- Evo10 Datalogging Support (OP2.0 usb cables only) nearly done, 100 to 190 Samples per second.
- Evo5/6 Reflashing support. - Inprogress.
- Evo10 Reflashing support. - Inprogress.

New Standalone GPS Touch Screen!! New Standalone EvoScan GPS Navigator - Full colour 480x272 Resolution/Datalogger/Reflashing/Touchscreen
You can display your live vehicle parameters on your dashboard without a laptop, via the 16pin diagnostic connector and MUTII protocol. You can get the same display items as EvoScan. The dimensions of the display unit is 13cm by 9cm, and has an EvoScan USB adapter plug for your OpenPort 1.3U cable, which plugs directly into your vehicles 16pin diagnostic port under the dashboard. Supports all Mitsubishi MUTII vehicles - All 1994+ Mitsubishi Vehicles support this.
- EvoScan GPS Navigator (GPS/MP3/Movie Player/EvoScan/Mitsi Reflashing)
- GPS Receiver, Windscreen suction.
- GPS Navigation Software available: TomTom Navigator v7, GarminXT v6, iGo v4, I can help with sourcing local maps for your country.
- Connect a EvoScan 1.3U or EvoScan 1.4E Cable for Datalogging and Reflashing.
- Comes with a 1Gb SDCard for logging and storing roms for reflashing.
- EvoScan support for Datalogging, DTC Codes, Actuators, Gauges, Alarms.
- ECUFlash read/write ROMS from your ecu. Supports 2001-2007 Mitsubishi (for example Evo7/8/9/GS/GT/OZ)
- Full Colour Touchscreen (480x272 32bit colour resolution)
- MP3 Music Player (play your SDCard full of MP3s via the build in speaker, or plug an external amplifier directly into the LCD device 3.5mm audio plug)
- MPEG4 Movie Player (convert your DVD format to MP4 format and watch your favourite DVDs in the car in widescreen resolution 480x272 )
- Free EvoScan GPS Navigator software updates via Internet onto your SDCard.
- Supports Mitsubishi MUTII 1994-2007 (Subaru and OBDII support coming soon)

Here are some more pictures I took of the actual real live display-units before packaging them up today to send to those who have pre-ordered.

- Accessories include: Windscreen Attachment, EvoScan USB Adapter cable, 12v Car Charger, 1Gb SD Card for storing logs, roms, gps maps, mp3s, dvd videos. (EvoScan OpenPort 1.3U USB cable is separate) Now Available for immediate delivery.

It even runs on a battery if you want to go completely mobile with GPS navigation. Large mHa Battery! 4-5Hours with screen backlight on.

Here is a screenshot showing the 2nd axis now added to the Gauge Screen. If you add a ChartMin > 0 and a ChartMax to a logger dataitem then it will create an axis on the right hand side and scale it accordingly.

This thread is solely for talking about FEATURES and FEATURE REQEUESTS and do NOT post anything to do with any problems you have. please use the Questions and Answers thread for that. here.

EvoScan v2.6 beta9 is proving to work very well with both v1.05 and v1.04 firmware of the OpenPort2.0 cable. Take a look at this:

EvoScan v2.6 beta9 with SuperSpeed enabled, log to disk disabled, and Multithreading disabled:

EvoX new datalogging values for beta10!!!! oh yeahh!! I'm sure I can come up with more too.

2008/09 EVOX EFI ECU:
Battery Voltage
Idle RPM
Vehicle Speed
Intake Sensor 44 deg c
Coolant Sensor 68 degC
MAP Sensor 102.4kpa
Airflow Sensor 1171.9 mV
APS Main 996.1 mV
TPS 722.7 mV
TPS max 4375.0mV
TPS(main) learn 859.4mV
TPS(sub) 4257.8mV
Ignition Advance 61CA
Injection Time 0.0ms
LTFT Bank1 -1.2%
STFT Bank1 0.0%
Knock Retard 0.0CA
Knock Learn 100%
VVT Intake 15.0CA
VVT Exhaust -25.0CA
Purge Relay Duty 0.0%
Throttle Actuator 6.7%
ETV Idle Open 0.7V (electronic throttle valve?)
ISC Learn (A/C off) 0.0 L/S
ISC Learn (A/C on) 0.0 L/S
Absolute Load 0.0 %
Accelerate Load 0.0%
Crank Signal Off
Airflow Sensor 0.40g/s
Front 02 Sensor 0.000V
Rear 02 Sensor 0.000V
APS 102 kPa
TPS relative 6.7%
TPS sub
APS Main 19.6%
APS Sub
Fuel Status 1 0LRV
Read/Clear EFI Trouble Codes

2008/09 EVOX ABS ECU
Longitudinal G-Sensor 0.000G
Horizontal G-Sensor 0.022G
Yaw Rate sensor 0.0
Brake Level Switch NORMAL
Engine RPM 0.0 rpm
Engine Torque 0.0Nm
Expected Gear Value D N R
Current Gear Value R D
Brake Sensor OFF
Horizontal G-Sensor Offset Value -0.007G
CVI Oil Temp
Primary Gear Speed 4096 r_min
real engine torque
correct engine torque
input torque
gear position 1st
Read/Clear ABS Trouble Codes
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

lmao i didnt see the link! im so dumb lol
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

update on Evo X support Hamish?

I'm sure there are a ton of Evo X owners ready to drop down some cash...
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Im dy'n to log some shizzle.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor

I am out of the country on business till 22april, but until then here is EvoScan Beta11 for you guys to have a play with and give me some feedback.

EvoScan v2.6 beta 11 has support for OpenPort2.0 and support for EvoX (EvoX forumulas are still work in progress, perhaps you guys can take a look at some of them, I have ticked the ones that I have worked out so far)

Excel version of my EvoX driving log for working out formulas: EvoScanBeta11EvoXLog.zip

EvoScan v2.6 Beta11: (has a new Data.xml included, it contains the new EvoX CAN requests) download EvoScanUPGRADEv2.6Beta11.zip here

If don't need EvoX dataitem support, and just after a version compatable with Openport2.0 without overwritting your existing data.xml formulas then you can download this version.
download EvoScanUPGRADEv2.6Beta11_NoDataXML.zip here

OpenPort2.0 + EvoX/CAN Notes:
Select OpenPort2.0 radio button, select EvoX/CAN radio button, the baudrate is 500000, select ECU as EvoX

To read some values from EvoX/CAN, you must change the trailing number. there is a possibility of 4 bytes that are returned from each CAN request, for example CAN0-0, CAN0-1, CAN0-2, and CAN0-3, then the sequence continues with CAN1-0, CAN1-1, CAN1-2, CAN1-3, CAN2-0, etc until CAN25-3

you will find CAN2-0 = CAN3-0 = CAN4-0 = CAN5-0 are the same, I just gave them a number that is in sequence for the dataitems. (etc, also CAN2-3 = CAN3-3 = CAN4-3 = CAN5-3)

Tactrix have now run out of OpenPort2.0 cables, Colby is just waiting on a hard to source part from Germany, expect a 2-3 week delay, you can still order them from www.limitless.co.nz/cables, I have some low stock of OpenPort 2.0, and 100s of Openport1.3U and other cables in stock.

Last edited by evo4mad; Apr 12, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
cool

Is this beta10 or beta11? (title bar says 11)

For the benefit of others you need to unzip this INTO your existing evoscan 2.5 directory.

I suggest you backup the 2.5 install first

Hamish - Can you explain how CAN logging differs from MUT? The X still has a MUT_TABLE so presumably MUT logging still works?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review