Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsitalon1
I read that there is a version of evoscan for windows ce, does anyone know if hamish has thought about making one for Android 2.+?

Us Droid users would appreciate
Yeah I heard the WindowsCE evoscan is $75USD. I don't think I like the idea of my expensive cellphone sitting in the sun attached to the windscreen all day. I'd rather just use my cheaper standalone evoscan gps unit. I have seen some OBDII apps for iPhone, I'm sure some OBDII apps will come out soon for the Andriod, if they haven't already. It would kinda be like trying to use your cellphone as a radio/mp3 player for your car.. kinda seems pointless.

Last edited by _Speedy_; Mar 11, 2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys I just started having a problem where I goto start evocan and it starts trying to reinstall it? Then I have to go into my add/remove programs and remove evscan alltogether then redownload and install it whats up with that? It does it all the time now and last time I did it I extracted the files for 2.7 beta5 like I always do and it would not register as anything other than 2.6? I tried that 3 times anyone have this issue?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question. I bought the OpenPort 2.0 Universal USB Cable Datalogging and EcuFlash Reprogramming Cable. I can use ECUFlash to pull my ROMs and read from ECU. In EvoScan, I can log data from the ECU. However when I try to pull my DTC (Check Engine Light), it will not connect to the ECU. I'm doing this for my 06 EVO MR. I was able to get my CEL codes with my 1.3 cable.

Is this an issue with the 2.0 cable or am I doing something wrong?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _Speedy_
Dyno rooms come and go, xls sheets come and go, EvoScan always works
Do you have a snapshot of the power section by any chance? To say that Evoscan's power section has always worked is comical. It never worked correctly through most revisions and half of the settings did nothing when the values were changed. I sent plenty of PM's and tickets regarding the issues for nearly 2 years with no fixes in any future releases so I made my own. If it worked so well, I wouldn't have had to make my own to get useful data (used by quite a few people too since THEY couldn't get any useful results with Evoscan's Power section either). I just want a one-stop-shop and hopefully he's getting closer to that. I'm optimistic that his software is finally getting ironed out,but to say his power section was always fine is something even Hamish himself would agree is false.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Mar 11, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

^^
Are you talking about the dyno #s? If so, It's actually been more accurate for me than VDR in comparing my #s to Buschur's Mustang Dyno.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:23 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
I read that there is a version of evoscan for windows ce, does anyone know if hamish has thought about making one for Android 2.+?

Us Droid users would appreciate
I can ask Hamish about it, do Android phones have USB host?? Basically, can you hook up USB components to it like a mouse or keyboard? If so, it maybe possible to create one for Android as long as he knows how to program on it.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Do you have a snapshot of the power section by any chance? To say that Evoscan's power section has always worked is comical.
I guess I've only ever used EvoScan v2.7, and the power graphing is awesome. I had too many problems with VDR, first I kept forgetting to strip out the non power run values, and it would just show a blank screen. Then my second comparison run I always forgot to set all the temperature setting the same. EvoScan just does all that for you. And I can drag the mouse in EvoScan to select the RPM area I want the power graph for. I can't see the rpm graph in VDR which is a pain in the ****. copy and paste into VDR also sux. EvoScan power graphing works great for me.

what is the live tuning commands for Evo8? I have seen in some of the EvoScan betas a right click menu option for "Live Tuning Addins..." I think I can add some commands to do live tuning if I know what they are. I'll do some searching...

Now I can datalog, read/clear dtc, power graph, maptrace, tune, flash, and live tune all in the EvoScan program. sweet.

Here is some screenshots of Power graphing and Live tuning option in Evoscan v2.7
Attached Thumbnails EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscanv2.7_powergraphing1.gif   EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscanv2.7_powergraphing2.gif   EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscanv2.7_livetuning.gif  
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That power section finally looks promising. VDR wasn't created to be simple and flawless....hell...it was the first time I ever used excel when I made that lol. I was just desperate to have a more accurate power graph to work with and it did the job. Within 1% accuracy of specific dyno's in the U.S. if used correctly. It's obviously a pain to have to fiddle with 2 programs at once so I'm glad he's finally getting it working. You seem like an EvoScan cheerleader who is spitting out its awesomeness like there is nothing as great as an Evoscan program? Since you are new to it, you'll just have totake the word from those of us who have used his stuff from ver1.x til now. It wasn't always so filled with things that work lol. Don't think I'm not a big supporter though.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Mar 12, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Question. I bought the OpenPort 2.0 Universal USB Cable Datalogging and EcuFlash Reprogramming Cable. I can use ECUFlash to pull my ROMs and read from ECU. In EvoScan, I can log data from the ECU. However when I try to pull my DTC (Check Engine Light), it will not connect to the ECU. I'm doing this for my 06 EVO MR. I was able to get my CEL codes with my 1.3 cable.
Is this an issue with the 2.0 cable or am I doing something wrong?
Yeah it just works with my op1.3u cable too. I think there is still some more support to come for openport2, it seems like openport 1.3U always gets priority since its a product that Evoscan makes and its more popular.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Man that sucks. I was hoping to get rid of my 1.3 cable, but now I might have to keep it.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

I remember being able to use the 2.0 cable with 2.6 beta 15, and had no problems pulling DTC's. I used beta 15 until installed a new OS on my laptop and erased it by mistake. Also, when using the full version of 2.6, I wasn't able to pull DTC's with the 2.0 cable.

Last edited by D-VO; Mar 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

^^

Interesting. Anyone with a 2.0 cable running the EvoScan 2.7 know if you can pull DTC codes?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by metalsaber
^^
Interesting. Anyone with a 2.0 cable running the EvoScan 2.7 know if you can pull DTC codes?
ok I tested it.. seems to be working awesome...

EvoScan v2.7 beta 10thMarch2010 w/ evo8:
OpenPort 2.0 OBDII EFI -> Read DTC - TESTED WORKING
OpenPort 2.0 OBDII EFI -> Clear DTC - TESTED WORKING
OpenPort 2.0 OBDII 96+ -> DataLogging - TESTED WORKING
OpenPort 2.0 MUTII EFI -> DataLogging - TESTED WORKING
Attached Thumbnails EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscanv2.7_op2obdiidtcs.gif   EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscanv2.7_op2obdii96.gif   EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscanv2.7_op2mutiiefi.gif  
Old Mar 14, 2010, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Is the 2.7 beta a public beta like previous versions? If so where can we get it? As no one who actually has it will answer the question, like it's top secrete or something....
Old Mar 14, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _Speedy_
ok I tested it.. seems to be working awesome...

EvoScan v2.7 beta 10thMarch2010 w/ evo8:
OpenPort 2.0 OBDII EFI -> Read DTC - TESTED WORKING
OpenPort 2.0 OBDII EFI -> Clear DTC - TESTED WORKING
OpenPort 2.0 OBDII 96+ -> DataLogging - TESTED WORKING
OpenPort 2.0 MUTII EFI -> DataLogging - TESTED WORKING
Awesome!!!

Originally Posted by xbox4414
Is the 2.7 beta a public beta like previous versions? If so where can we get it? As no one who actually has it will answer the question, like it's top secrete or something....
+1 to this. How do we go about getting a hold of it?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review