Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _Speedy_
I'll try an Evo5/6 rom and I'll let you know if it works too.
Speedy have you tested the H8 Evo5/6 with MapTracer yet? Lot of H8 guys have been waiting for this feature.

Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sub7
I have log fault ticket with Evoscan helpdesk and perhaps someone had this problem (EvoscanGPS) before can suggest fix.

Problem:
When I connect power directly via USB or if I turn on EvoscanGPS via battery, the screen will constantly green for more than an hour and nothing changed. It won't respond to any button including power.

Even if I press the soft reset, it remain same, nothing changed. However if I press soft reset + power button at same time, screen will turn black and then green again and nothing change there after. The memory card is ok, I can read it from my PC too.

Suggestion?
I had similar problems before, try turning the switch on the bottom of the unit off & on and see if it helps. I didn't realize there was a button on the bottom until mine froze too.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do any of you know why when I try to use the map tracer in 2.7 beta 5 I get this error: Jons PC is looking for this xml file: evo10base.xml and the a slew of other errors.... after that....

Windows 7 64 bit - I have reinstalled Evoscan 5 times and removed registry entries...
Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

v2.7 Beta
Car : VIII /USDM 2005 with 1.3U cable
Test date : 5 March 2010- current
Evoscan version 2.7 final beta

EFI ECU logging & actuator test : OK
---------------------------------

EFI (OBDII) DTC : Not working. It won't connect to the ECU, times out.
----------------------------

ACD ECU logging : Not working
---------------------------------------------------

AYC ECU logging : N/A
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACD/AYC ECU actuators : U/K
-------------------------------------------------------------

ACD/AYC ECU DTC (MUTII AYC) : N/A

General logging issues: None. Works perfectly

Bugs found:

1. When trying to edit data items, EvoScan throws a error code when trying to save "Sorry, errors were found in the original data.xml, you cannot save until all errors are found and fixed." I have not edited the data.xml file so i'm not sure what's going on there.

2. When calculating power, i still cannot get EvoScan to recognize any of my pulls. If i select the pull manually, it will not calculate power.

That's all i have for now. My testing is ongoing.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Few more things i forgot to mention.

1. When logging RPM 2byte and Air Flow2byte mod , the readings are really really high. I have not edited the data.xml at all, so i'm not sure what's going on there. Also, i'm on Tephra mod 96530706. 2 byte RPM and airflow never had an issue logging before.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

IS there a way we can speed up the way EvoScan poles the Innovate LC-1? Data rate is very slow. But if you use Log Works, the speed is much faster, so i know the LC-1 is piping in data at a high data rate. It's the fastest on the market really, i would love to be able to use this speed in EvoScan as EvoScan is the program i prefer to use.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Is there a way to install 2 totally separate instances of EvoScan? I tried installing them into different directories, but settings like log to file and log to screen cannot be set separately. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rogue
Do any of you know why when I try to use the map tracer in 2.7 beta 5 I get this error: Jons PC is looking for this xml file: evo10base.xml and the a slew of other errors.... after that....

Windows 7 64 bit - I have reinstalled Evoscan 5 times and removed registry entries...

I had the same error looking for evo9 base. I moved my rom xml into the roms folder for evoscan and it worked. Maybe worth a shot. Only a few xml's are in the evoscan folder compared to ecuflash's folders.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ceddy
Speedy have you tested the H8 Evo5/6 with MapTracer yet? Lot of H8 guys have been waiting for this feature.
Thanks.
Yep and it works great, see 1 page back in this thread.. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8075022-post1224.html
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by sub7
screen will constantly green for more than an hour Even if I press the soft reset, it remain same, nothing changed. However if I press soft reset + power button at same time, screen will turn black and then green again and nothing change there after. The memory card is ok, I can read it from my PC too.
I've never had any problems like this with my Evoscan Standalone GPS unit. sounds like you must of pressed the reset button and power at the same time and put it into GREEN boot loader mode.. all you need to do is grab the firmware from the gps v1.7 website and reload the firmware since you put it into boot loader mode.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SiC
I had similar problems before, try turning the switch on the bottom of the unit off & on and see if it helps. I didn't realize there was a button on the bottom until mine froze too.
Thanks SiC, did that before make no difference. Turn it on, it will run from battery while turn it off, it rely on USB power source to boot up.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by GregM
I had the same error looking for evo9 base. I moved my rom xml into the roms folder for evoscan and it worked. Maybe worth a shot. Only a few xml's are in the evoscan folder compared to ecuflash's folders.
Yeah I logged this issue last week, its been fixed now. it checks c:\program files\openecu\ecuflash\* first. maybe you installed ecuflash to another drive? so in that case just put the xml files in the same folder as the hex. or put it in the evoscan roms folder.. it will find it there.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by mfr122887
Is there a way to install 2 totally separate instances of EvoScan? I tried installing them into different directories, but settings like log to file and log to screen cannot be set separately. Anyone have any ideas?
yeah, thats a piece of ****... computing 101: just grab a copy of evoscan v2.7 folder from c:\program files\evoscan\ put it somewhere like your desktop or another folder name. create your 2nd shortcut to the new evoscan.exe put it on the desktop. then open evoscan #2 and goto logging menu and set the saveddatalogs folder to something different.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I read that there is a version of evoscan for windows ce, does anyone know if hamish has thought about making one for Android 2.+?

Us Droid users would appreciate
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by xbox4414
Where is EvoScan 2.7finialbeta? I'm still running beta4.... Would love to the the latest release....
why don't you ask him yourself, we can't get it for you. just send in a support ticket.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review