Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rogue
Customers do not ever deserved to have a link to a public beta for any software, that is at the discretion of the developer. Just think, if a hundred people where given the beta, then started creating support tickets for problems with the beta.... Nothing would ever get done...
LOL that you contradiction yourself... I believe you mean non-public beta. As if it's a public beta then that would mean it is available to anyone wanting it. So if finial beta was released to the public I believe the link is okay to post.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Hamish was mentioning something about his site being hacked, I believe that is why he took down the download link to the public beta listed on the first page of this thread. He also mentioned that his account here has been disabled so he cannot respond here or update the link.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

why was his account disabled?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:30 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by infini_IV
why was his account disabled?
He doesn't know either........
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:59 PM

i understand the whole public thing about the program but about a year ago i paid and registered for 2.6 and i never heard anything about updates. Thats why i was looking for an updated version
Old Feb 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2.6 is the latest "finished" product. 2.7 has not been issued yet
Old Feb 27, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluelancer20028
i understand the whole public thing about the program but about a year ago i paid and registered for 2.6 and i never heard anything about updates. Thats why i was looking for an updated version

There have been no updates to 2.6...
Old Feb 27, 2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by iTune
Even if he didn't want people to help make his program better(i.e. beta testing), i still deserve an email response........ not silence.
His inbox is overloaded, and I haven't seen you communicating with us on msn messenger with better ideas or bug reports yet? real time desktop sharing and live messenger communications are the only way to help advance the beta software.. sounds like you are just leaching the beat software, rather than joining us online to make the beta better. I gave you the realtime support messenger address above.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I tried adding Hamish myself, but it comes up as if he doesn't use it? Are you sure that address is correct?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:35 AM

hey Greg, fellow NZer, let me check.. yep hes online, its hamish underscore ahern at hotmail dot com
Old Mar 1, 2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by nothere
2.6 is the latest "finished" product. 2.7 has not been issued yet

hi if you look on the first page of this thread you will find 2.7beta5 zip there
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _Speedy_
His inbox is overloaded, and I haven't seen you communicating with us on msn messenger with better ideas or bug reports yet? real time desktop sharing and live messenger communications are the only way to help advance the beta software.. sounds like you are just leaching the beat software, rather than joining us online to make the beta better. I gave you the realtime support messenger address above.
With all due respect, i have contributed in huge amounts in the past(to ECUFlash and EvoScan). I may not be very active right now, mostly because I DON'T HAVE A BETA VERSION THAT'S CURRENTLY BEING TESTED! Are you serious man? I am no longer a dyno tuner and thus have not been very active on these boards. But to say i'm a leacher? That's rude. I'm not even close to being in that category.

Also, i'm a touring professional bassist(why i no longer dyno tune), it's kinda hard to help out when i'm away from my car constantly and DON'T HAVE THE LATEST BETA!!!

Moving on. I will help out all i can. I am in town for a bit while our new album is being released. I have a wealth of tuning knowledge and live to help out the tuning world(when time permits).
Old Mar 6, 2010, 08:21 PM

The Dell laptop I was using crashed, I now have a HP with Win-7. I am trying to re-install evoscan on the new laptop.

I found a link to V2.7 in this thread, after putting my e-mail and registration number in V2.7 would not install. I believe it is due to my registration number being linked to V2.5. Does this sound correct? If so does anybody have a link to V2.5? Or another idea I could try to install evoscan on the new laptop.

I think it was V2.5 I got when I bought evoscan.

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

It should not matter. I did not affect me.

Maybe try running evoscan as an administrator?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:25 AM

Good to go.

Hamish sent a new serial number along with a link.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review