Notices
ECU Flash
View Poll Results: Would DTC patch be useful for you?
Yes, i would appreciate it
87.50%
No, I can handle DTC via periphery bits
12.50%
Maybe, I do not really uderstand the purpose
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

DTC patch disscussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DTC patch disscussion

Originally Posted by japanevo
downloaded the latest version of ecuflash.... any body know whats up with the OBD2 table? whats it for and how does it get used? i dont think all roms have it, i know 9653 has it as well as some of the evo9's .
I was thinking if one could make a use of OBD error code table actually to switch off the error code. Now with MrFred's rear O2 patch it should be possible.

My idea is following, once the error code shall be stored, one could look it up in the OBD table and if the cell in OBD lookup table would say 0 instead of DTC (e.g. 0137)
MrFred's routine would be called to reset. I know that some modifications to MrFred's routine should be done as it uses RPM limit to be called.

My question here is if somebody found better place than sub_3289C speaking of 88590015.
I would like to avoid recursion/reentrance of the same subroutine as I do not know how big is the call stack.

Last edited by acamus; Mar 4, 2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Not too much interest (5%) so far
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think people just don't understand, I have that problem too, although you've lost me here also... can you explain more please?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be highly interested in this, especially seeing that lately I've been getting many questions from older DSMr's about swapping 8 ecu's into their 2g eclipses and there are just some DTC's that can make life miserable for the swap lol.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to use the periphery bits to disable the checks all together?

Thus freeing up the ECU to focus more on engine management and less on OBD-II checks/Resets?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jcsbanks
I think people just don't understand, I have that problem too, although you've lost me here also... can you explain more please?
That is why I created 3rd poll option, but without feedback I can only assume that it was just not needed feature and
I shall spend my time with something more useful.

I do not know if I can express myself more clearly.

1. We know how OBD table indexes (axes) work.
2. We know what function is called when error shall be stored in means of indexes.

What is still missing is to put it all together, i.e. intercepting call (2), perform same lookup as normal OBD diagnostic code lookup for CEL.

Outcome of lookup is either some PXXXX code or P0000 for some index values.
Once P0000 is retrieved in function (2), one shall forget about the error and do not set it in function 2.

So we would have possibility to simply set 0000 at position of some real diagnostic trouble code.

Example

In case of ECU swap or removing of some parts one could get rid of diagnostic trouble codes (CEL) that are obviously wrong.

We all kn ow that periphery bits are here to switch monitoring off, but as we have found they have limited use as some engine component tests (i.e. O2 heater) do not
have corresponding periphery bit.

Excuse my English if it is not clear, but it seems I speak binary more fluently .

Last edited by acamus; Mar 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Wouldn't it be better to use the periphery bits to disable the checks all together?

Thus freeing up the ECU to focus more on engine management and less on OBD-II checks/Resets?
It depends on you application. race/drag sure.

I personally would rather switch monitoring of annoying DTC and keep ones
that indicate some problems within the engine. But it is just one man's opinion.
Some checks cannot be even switched off by periphery bits, so one would have
a possibility at least to suppress them with the patch under disscussion.

Last edited by acamus; Mar 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, I would be very interested since I have been posting my issue with the P0031 DTC a bit. I could only offer testing of 88590015, not much in the way of code help or binary speak unfortunately.