ECU Flash

96530006 Live Map download

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOOOOOO!!!!! Gonna put this on my 05 now

Originally Posted by fjo_newport
I copied my fuel, timing, and Boost control tables over to this ROM, added a few patches, and flashed it over and am up and running. I still need to make an altmap harness so I can switch over to the Live ECU stuff but at least I have fast logging. I hope to get it hooked up this weekend.

I did a log today on my way home from work, seems to work great!

One thing I noticed was my idle was much lower than before, I only copied over the "Desired Idle RPM tables over" but I didn't reset the ECU, I guess I should...

Other note, I didn't see the latency comp table in the ALTmap, so is that not available in Live ECU? or can it be mapped?

oh Last thing, Thanks John!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Latencies aren't in the live map at present.

After a flash I find an 8 can take a while for idle to settle (that is unless you didn't alter something you needed to).
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't change any of the ICSV initial step tables, they are different but I thought I should leave them alone, at least that is what I read in this thread or the other thread on swapping this rom to US05's).

The idle stepper lookup table is the same between roms, so I don't see why I shouldn't make the change to the initial step table...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fjo_newport
I didn't change any of the ICSV initial step tables, they are different but I thought I should leave them alone, at least that is what I read in this thread or the other thread on swapping this rom to US05's).

The idle stepper lookup table is the same between roms, so I don't see why I shouldn't make the change to the initial step table...
You sure you didn't missread and you're supposed to have the new rom set the same as the old one in the stepper tables? I'd assume so. Logic does prevail sometimes
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:25 PM

Alright got a altmap switch wired in, tried it seems to work, but I'd like to verify that the changes I was making were being applied, I was just palying with idle timing. Any hints?

I then re-lfashed with an update to see if I can fix the idle, also added the OBDII readness stuff, then I got a error from Livemap, "Read Result 2", then I got a "Read Result 1"...

It was late so I'm going to reset the ECU in the morning and try again...
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Those are comms errors. See if you can work out why and when they happen. For me they happen if I turn the car off during logging, try to log with two applications at the same time, pull cables, start the car whilst logging (logging gets interrupted if you do this) etc.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:47 AM

Ok, so I reset my laptop, reset the ECU (PWR disconnected for 30 sec), and it still wouldn't connect. So then I flashed back to my original "Version 1" rom and it connected after that. The only difference between Ver 1.0 and 1.1 was I added the OBDII readiness bypass stuff.

John let me know what I need to do trouble shoot this. I'll make a new copy off of the working copy and do the OBDII changes again. Maybe I messed something up adding this patch.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Presumably something you're doing with OBDII readiness isn't actually OBDII readiness and is breaking the comms. My only involvement with OBDII was to kill the MAF sensor error for SD, but beyond that I've not played. I suggest you re-read the OBDII stuff and/or ask mrfred.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:47 AM

Will do!

The patch I applied was from here, were acamus added the ability to set the readiness test to true and prevent the checks.

I think Logic applied this same patch to his rom, I'll try and contact him offline and find out.

Thanks again John!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im trying to find a rom for my car to try the LiveMap on my 2003 USDM Evo VIII. Im currently running 94170015.

I've heard that i have to switch to this rom 96530006 to use it on my car. Also disable/modify the immobilizer.
Does this rom support all the functions of my car (ICS / EGR / etc... )
This is a 2005 rom and i have a 2003... So... ? Any one done it yet? There has to be somebody with a 03/04 with the Live map setup running. Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Some of us think that 96530006 should work on your car; it ought to support the hardware that you have. Just read the instructions for converting over to it (those instructions are for 96940011, but the process is the same), and give it a shot.

Worst case, it doesn't work, and you revert back to your old ROM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tried it. No deal. First tired to change the immobilizer hex, no deal. Disabled the immobilizer. No deal. Raised the Valet-rev-limit, no deal. All it would do is crank-crank-crank. Never started. Flashed back to 94170015, works fine. Any ideas on how to get it running?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 07:02 PM

Just to update, I've been playing with this, and it seems to be working well, I've done some test on just light throttle and everything made sense. Did a bunch of full throttle pulls and seems to be working well. I love being able to make changes on the fly with out re-flashing, really speeds up the tuning process.

I had one hiccup that seemed to happen when I was using ECUFlash and Livemap at the same time. I saved a Hex file after making changes to both fuel and timing, actually copied an entire timing table, and as soon as I did the car stumbled and Livemap threw a "Read Result 7". I know the ECU reset because the SES light flashed and I was on the valet rev limit.

I've started to compile a list of "ecu" variables and the addresses, mostly just doing a reverse look up from the Evoscan and the MUT table. Then I move the ones that are out past the first 64 to the inside 64 of the MUT table so they can be logged. The save XML button works great as I put in the scale factor right in to Livemap and they are saved. I will update the ECUwiki page for this rom with what I've got. Can anybody point me in the direction to more logable items?

John, are you going to put out an update with the MUT table in RAM, that would be great Also be nice to have all the injector latencies, and some of the other boost control tables in there too. Of course I know your limited in the amount of space available in RAM, but I figure you could loose the Low octane maps if more space is needed.

Thanks again!! This stuff rocks!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

I have put 18 items of the MUT table in RAM for my ECU at the end of the alternate map area, works well and logs fast even if I'm map tracing, graphing and logging to file all at once. I copied them to the ECU RAM using the Ecuflash save. Then I changed and saved the logging table to match the items I'd chosen on the data page (it reads the number of rows you have in this table so use y- to get rid of the rows you don't want before saving). The other change is to alter the address you want to log from in the data tab. No changes to the ECU are necessary. I'll post a screenshot. Let me know if you need any more help to try to implement this. Highlighted in red are the things I changed, your addresses and desired logging items will no doubt be different.

The weirdness that people get with writes sometimes failing is tricky to sort. I do not clear buffers in the case of a read that is shorter or longer than expected, this can leave junk in there which can end up causing the live maps to get trashed. Adding checksums and putting things in buffers is a nice idea, but too expensive in terms of available memory and processing. See if you can work out when and why it happens?
Attached Thumbnails 96530006 Live Map download-changes.png  
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

This has the 2k block which contains Tephra's alt maps, and in red, the SD stuff, in green the 18 item RAM MUT table, and in yellow the asynch accel enrichment vs TPS stuff.
Attached Thumbnails 96530006 Live Map download-altmapsspace.png  

Quick Reply: 96530006 Live Map download