Notices
ECU Flash

96530006 Live Map download

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
The RAM maps are your alt maps. Did you alter those? If not, then they are just the stock maps.
gotcha! Somehow I missed that step.

makes the whole idea of the program make more sense now.... I was really confused where these ram maps were coming from.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jcsbanks
http://banks.myzen.co.uk/9653chart.zip

Above is a version which has charting (hard coded scalings and items), live display of variables, verify button.

I have redone the logging table, and the order has to match what I've put for the charting and live display to work. I have not done all the work for you though...

So you need to create a new "MUT table" in ROM or RAM (you could put it near the end of the shadow ROM area) with these items (look then up from your original MUT table), and put its ROM or RAM address into the "logging address"live map application.
John, thanks for the update. I'll have a look at this and see if I can set it up.

One quick question: The ROM shadow area...I see this mentioned several times and I understand what it is, but I have never seen the address mentioned. I don't have IDA open at the moment, but is this just the address in the ROM where the alt maps begin? I'm assuming the size must be no larger than the 0x800 size that you are copying to RAM?

Edit: Also, can you post the source for the updated file?

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Apr 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The ROM and RAM start addresses are shown in the table on the Data tab of the live map application for your ECU. If you have a look in the 0x800 (2k) area in the ROM starting from this address you'll see the alt map headers and contents. At the beginning and end there is free space. The logging address will need to be the RAM equivalent.

So for example, IIRC, for my 88570008, 37b00 is the ROM start address, FFFF8500 is the RAM start address. I've put some extra maps at a 7c0 offset - ie 37b00+7c0=382c0, so the RAM address for the first of these extra maps would be FFFF8500+7c0=FFFF8cc0
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Easy enough. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

OK, I added an 'alt' mut table to RAM and used John's latest 96530006 livemap with charting and everything worked great. I took a couple of videos with my phone, but I doubt they will come out any good. We will see and if so, I will post them.

I don't have a 3 bar map hooked up to the ECU yet (just to my SSi4 so far) so the livemap charting was a little off scale due to the 1-bar being mapped with the hard coded scalings, but once I zoomed in on the other data, it was fine.

Now, I just have to figure out how to put other maps in RAM (figure out where exactly to change the pointer) and I will be all set.

EDIT: Yep, the videos when looking at the laptop is horrible quality. When I pan away from the laptop to the carpc screen (will eventually put LiveMap on there) and on the dash and LC-1 guages (boost and AFR), it's fine. So, a moot point to post the videos in regards to seeing the livemap charting working.

Last edited by l2r99gst; Apr 24, 2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric,

Any chance you can post up or send me your ROM and the newer version of Livemap? Also have you had any issues?

thanks,

Joe
Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fjo_newport
Eric,

Any chance you can post up or send me your ROM and the newer version of Livemap? Also have you had any issues?

thanks,

Joe
John included the new livemap download on the previous page, post 117.

It's probably easier to just show you what I did here, rather than sending you my ROM. This way anyone else can do it as well.

To put the 'alt mut table' in RAM, I added this to my 96530006.xml file in ECUFlash:
Code:
<table name="alt MUT Table 2" category="Misc" address="39200" type="3D" level="1" scaling="Hex16">
		<table name="X" type="Static X Axis" elements="32">
			<data>-</data>
			<data>0</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>1</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>2</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>3</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>4</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>5</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>6</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>7</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>8</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>9</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>A</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>B</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>C</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>D</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>E</data>
			<data>-</data>
			<data>F</data>
		</table>
		<table name="Y" type="Static Y Axis" elements="2">
			<data>0</data>
			<data>1</data>
		</table>
	</table>
For our 96530006 ROM, John starts the ROM shadow area at 38b00. The 2k blocks, therefore extends to 0x38b00 + 0x800 = 0x39300. So, I opened the ROM in IDA Pro to find some free space in that area. I chose 0x39200, which is an offset of 0x700.

Next, open your ROM in ECUFlash and populate the first 18 entries of this new 'alt mut table' with the variables for John's hard coded list. This is what it should look like:

(You don't have to use this exact same format...you can only show the 18 entries if you wish, but I wanted to keep it in the same format as the main MUT table.)

Now, open the new LiveMap with charting app and change the Logging address to the RAM address of this new alt mut table. The RAM address that John chose for this ROM starts at 0xa000. So, we have to add that same 0x700 offset to that to get the logging address for the RAM MUT table, which comes out to 0xa700.

So, the LiveMap logging address should read ff ff a7 00

I changed some of the scaling, for example, to display *F. But, this shows the change in the logging address that you need to do.

Eric
Attached Thumbnails 96530006 Live Map download-alt-mut-table.jpg   96530006 Live Map download-livemap.jpg  

Last edited by l2r99gst; Apr 29, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:47 AM

So are you still using this Rom? Have you had any issues? Does it always use this MUT map or only when in ALT map?

Also what would it take to put in an ALT injector latency map and injector scalling? I'm almost ready to throw in some Bluemax 1250's and it would be really nice to not have to reflash every time I make a change.

thanks,

Joe
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, I'm still using this ROM. I have been running from the RAM maps (alt maps) ever since I made the switch a couple of weeks back. No problems, other than the buffer issue I explained when I first tested it out with multiple reads from the LiveMap app.

John may have to answer this, but for the alt mut table I put in RAM, I would assume that you could only log from there when in alt maps, since John's live mapping is based on the alt maps. But, I'm not positive on that. That alt mut table is just a new table added to the section of the ROM that is also copied to RAM, so that you can use LiveMap to log from the RAM mut table (make logging changes on the fly).

I'm not 100% sure how to add other maps to RAM yet. I know 95% of what to do, but I don't know where to change the pointer to the header so that the RAM map is used instead. I thnk John might have to walk me through one and then I could take it from there.

There already is an alt injector scaling. We just need to put the injector latency in RAM.

Eric
Old Apr 29, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

The logging of the RAM "MUT table" works whether you are on main or alternate maps.

Thanks for the testing and feedback Eric.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:48 PM

I wanted to update this thread, ever since I fixed my idle a few days ago I have not had any issues with the DMA failing and the ECU resetting. It seemed to happen any time I threw a check engine light, this just proves that this is what was going on. I hope this helps trouble shoot the issue.

Thanks again guys!
Old May 16, 2009, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

John,

Quick question about the livemap DMA logs. The first column is the baud column and I assume is spitting out time (hhmmss)? If so, is there a setting where we can have this column show decimal places so that we can easily stuff this into a hp calc with time and RPM?

For example, logging my 18 item MUT table from RAM, it looks like I am getting 12-13 lines (225 samples) per sec (at the default 15625 baud with charting enabled - about 500/sec without charting), but the time column shows the same value for all 12-13 of those entries, since ss is the last placeholder. So, I have to manually add .08, .16, .24, etc to each of them to use the hp spreadsheet.

Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; May 16, 2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old May 17, 2009, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't find an easy way to get the fractions of seconds from windows. If you look at the source and find it let me know.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

I did a search on google and found a VB forum with this:

Code:
Private Declare Sub GetLocalTime Lib "kernel32" (lpSystemTime As SYSTEMTIME)

Private Type SYSTEMTIME
     wYear As Integer
     wMonth As Integer
     wDayOfWeek As Integer
     wDay As Integer
     wHour As Integer
     wMinute As Integer
     wSecond As Integer
     wMilliseconds As Integer
End Type

Private Sub Form_Load()
     Dim sTime As SYSTEMTIME
     GetLocalTime sTime

With sTime
          Debug.Print .wHour & ":" & .wMinute & ":" & .wSecond & "." & .wMilliseconds
     End With
End Sub
or this:

Code:
Public Function MyTime() As String
  MyTime = Format(Now, "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:nn:ss") & "." & Right(Format(Timer, "#0.00"), 2)
End Function
or this:

Code:
Public Sub DoWork() 
     Dim startDt as Date = Now() 
     ' Do you work here 
     Dim endDt as Date = Now() 
     Dim tm as long = DateDiffMs(startDt, endDt) 
End Sub 

Public Shared Function DateDiffMs(ByVal startDt As Date, ByVal endDt As Date) As Long 
    Dim ms As Long = DateDiff(DateInterval.Second, startDt, endDt) * 1000 
    If (endDt.Millisecond - startDt.Millisecond) < 0 Then 
      ms += 1000 - (startDt.Millisecond - endDt.Millisecond) 
    Else 
      ms += (endDt.Millisecond - startDt.Millisecond) 
    End If 
    Return ms 
  End Function
Also, an explanation from MSDN, but I don't know if this is exactly what we need, since it seems to be explaining how
to display the ms of a time, but from what I see, doesn't explain how to actually get that ms of a time:
MS Link

Will any of these work? I don't have your latest source, so I can't look at it, although I can look at your original source if I can figure it out.

Last edited by l2r99gst; May 17, 2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Original source is the same for this bit. I think you can maybe see why I did it the quick way

Quick Reply: 96530006 Live Map download