Notices
ECU Flash

Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After starting a new job and traveling a ton I am getting back to getting this figured out.

I am still having trouble flashing my ECU in the car. I am beginning to suspect the ECU is bad, is there any easy way for me to bench test it?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:05 AM

So I too am getting to a finishing point, I however can not use the default stock fans due to my J pipe location. I have a slim line fan with just some power wires, any one have any ideas on how I can wire it. I believe the EVO ecu will go into limp mode if it doesnt detect the temp sensor that turns on the fans. On my 92 talon it is at the bottom of my radiator passanger side. Also can someone send me the JDM rom to load on my ECU. Right now it is still the stock USDM 2003 EVO ECU.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Was there ever a resolution found for the P0622 code being thrown?

A few people have reported finding the periphery bits for it but didn't post them.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:06 AM

So I have EVOScan and I am going to finally being the process to get this running, Which cable are most people using to sucessfully tune and datalog. My old as dirt 2006 tactrix 1.3R cable doesnt have the white flash plug.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:42 AM

Quick question does anyone know if it absolutely necessary to run the 2g vss or will the evo 8 ecu work in our cars with out it?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its wisest to have VSS signal for the ECU. There are a fair amount of tables and maps that need to know when the car is moving or not. FWIW, I run a 1G VSS with zero issues.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:50 PM

o0o so it is possible to run the stock vss. Thats great because i was under the assumption that we would need to run a electric one to use the boost by gear feature of the ecu.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:59 AM

hi all kinda new here think it is first time that im writing here on the forum.

i got a question is it possible that evo 6 got the same ecu as the 8? i have the ecu MT serial so that i can do a cross check. im about to do a Conversion harness to my 1g dsm i have. and i wonder if i can get the harness needed for the conversion from another car like newer lancer/galant/sigma or so?
or is it that i need to take em from a crashed evo?

excuse my bad english havent used it for a while since i live in sweden =)

Best regards
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:25 AM

Looked on some pics on that ECU that i can buy and it is aevo 6 H7 ecu. does that one work in 1g dms with conversion/patch Cable. or is that ecu a no go?
Also stand MR 420994 on the box aswell

Best Regards

Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:28 AM

So i am having a serious problem, I hope i can get some help or come tuesday ill be a bit screwed. So i went ahead and made the switch over. I have a pretty much stock car, i have a new motor with stock 14b, and just added a FMIC. I have removed all the EGR stuff, and switched over the MAF to a 2G maf. I got a good deal on an injen intake with the 2G MAF and K&N filter. So being a long weekend I figured I would get my new ECU base tuned so its drivable. I have loaded the 9563 rom as well as tried the tephra roms, No matter what I am not able to get the car to start. So im stuck in between. I have stock 450 inj, the only real change is the MAF, It seems like no matter what I flash the immobilizer is still enabled. I made sure i had the right hex for the immobilizer, and in the ecupriority0 I switched teh immobilizwer from a 1 to a 0 which should disable it. Does anyone have a ROM that is working that will start the car that has the immobilizer disabled that they can send me to test. If someome has a similar setup pretty much stock with stock 450 inj and a 2g MAF that runs their car I would luv to try it. No matter what scaling I have tried and believe me i spent hours figuring out the values between the 64 adder on the 2G and the 140 adder on the EVO VIII, I am using a 2003 USDM evo VIII ecu and in evoscan everyting seems fine, all my temps are reading right, I just can't get this thing to start. I plug in my stock 92 ecu and it starts right up. but now it runs super lean, my WBO2 goes past 17 when in booost, due to the ecu going crazy reading the 2g MAF. If anyone can help I have to get this up by tuesday.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Try this ROM and tell me if it works for you.

HERE

This is a 96530706 Tephra Version 7 Modded ROM so you will need to add the appropriate .XML file into ECUFlash so you can see all of the maps correctly when you open this ROM.

HERE is the link to the Tephra v7 thread. Just follow the directions and download 96530706 to get the .xml file. You don't need to do anything with the .bin file since that is the one I edited for you already at the beginning of this post.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Sep 5, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:19 PM

Has any of you guys tested a T-mod v7 Speed Density ROM on this ECU swap?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Try this ROM and tell me if it works for you.

HERE

This is a 96530706 Tephra Version 7 Modded ROM so you will need to add the appropriate .XML file into ECUFlash so you can see all of the maps correctly when you open this ROM.

HERE is the link to the Tephra v7 thread. Just follow the directions and download 96530706 to get the .xml file. You don't need to do anything with the .bin file since that is the one I edited for you already at the beginning of this post.

Unless its edited I tried this rom last night for 4 hours. But I will try again.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by enash99
Unless its edited I tried this rom last night for 4 hours. But I will try again.
This IS edited....specifically for your application.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
This IS edited....specifically for your application.
Igot a backfire this time but nothing else. It just cranks and cranks. I will reverify my harness. But it was built by a shop in my area that does the 2G to EVO 8 swap. so they have the experience. And I know for sure the guy that made it even referenced this thread. This is getting very frustrating. Im not going to have my car next week. I noticed the hex for the immobilizer was 0000 shoud it be 0040?

what can i log in evoscan that i can post to help figure this out. now i have a MAP sensor but i have searched and do not know how many bar it is. Here is images of both my MAF and My MAP sensor. I have a GM MAS and MAP sensor that I could go SD with, I just do not have a MAFT cable. So I would have to cut and solder my 2G plug for my MAS to connect if

not sure if it makes a difference but i have a 2003 ECU and the rom id is for a 2005, i dont see how that can affect it when it comes down to just 1 and 0's

what can i start with for troubleshooting to ensure my inj are being driven properly, like i said when i plug in the stck ecu it starts on the first crank
Attached Thumbnails Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!-mafimage.jpg   Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!-mapsensor.jpg  

Last edited by enash99; Sep 5, 2010 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!