Notices
ECU Flash

AC idle issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AC idle issue

My car dies out when I run the AC. I have my target rpm for AC On 1 and 2 set to 1000 rpm. When I'm driving and press in the clutch the rpms drop down to about 400 rpm and only goes up to about 700 rpm if it doesn't die out. Any ideas what is going on? Is there another setting I need to be messing with?

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
What have you done recently to the car? CaTms? 65mm TB....

COULD be a your idle recovery needs tweaking. Timing added in idle areas. Clean throttle body
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Cams have been done couple months ago. Yes, seem the idle recovery is bad. Currently my idle timing is 7, for GSC s1 I figured it woul be enough. Last time I pulled my UICP the TB looked pretty clean.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

It just started out of the blue? Or got progressively worse?

Try increasing timing to 8/9* .

The rpms are not really supposed to drop that low being in drive and coasting. Maybe look at Decel Fuel cut Delay - AC on ..increase values in small increments.

Try doing timing first and then move on.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

No sure when it started. I threw on alot of mods over the winter. I probably only used the AC 3 times this year (all within the last 3 weeks). I will up the timing a bit and see how it goes.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check to see if your TB BISS screw is set correctly when disabling the ISC motor and check to see if the TPS is calibrated.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
It just started out of the blue? Or got progressively worse?

Try increasing timing to 8/9* .

The rpms are not really supposed to drop that low being in drive and coasting. Maybe look at Decel Fuel cut Delay - AC on ..increase values in small increments.

Try doing timing first and then move on.
Just put tried that. Nada same results. Where is the Decel Fuel Delay? Can't seem to find it. Is it labeled as something else?

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Check to see if your TB BISS screw is set correctly when disabling the ISC motor and check to see if the TPS is calibrated.
Not sure how to do the Kunal. Guess I needto start reading up on it. BTW what is ISC motor, how does that get disabled?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
Just put tried that. Nada same results. Where is the Decel Fuel Delay? Can't seem to find it. Is it labeled as something else?

Not sure how to do the Kunal. Guess I needto start reading up on it. BTW what is ISC motor, how does that get disabled?
Your biss screw sits on top of throttle body. It's a phillips head down a shaft. can't see it easily with tb on intake mani... search biss screw on forum and a picture should come up. Biss basically controls the manual aspect of how much much air should pass through the plate at idle etc...If it's set too loose it will cause high idle...too tight, low idle.

It could be the biss. Once you locate it, turn it anti clockwise a few turns and go for a run.

What rom version you running?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Shoot me a PM bud!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
Your biss screw sits on top of throttle body. It's a phillips head down a shaft. can't see it easily with tb on intake mani... search biss screw on forum and a picture should come up. Biss basically controls the manual aspect of how much much air should pass through the plate at idle etc...If it's set too loose it will cause high idle...too tight, low idle.

It could be the biss. Once you locate it, turn it anti clockwise a few turns and go for a run.

What rom version you running?
OK got it. I will check it out hopefully tomorrow night. I'm on 88590015.

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Shoot me a PM bud!
Did some reading and will try to turn SAS on tomorrow and calibrate everything. If I really mess up I will defiently get ahold of you
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

OK, so i tried to mess with my BISS screw today. I enabled SAS mode and adjusted the BISS screw to around 800 rpm like I read on here. Then when I went back to my regular mode, my RPMs were at 1.2k all the time.... I thought that adjusting the screw will get me ack in sync with my ecu settings. Am I missing something here? As of now all my idle setting in ecu are stock.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

you tried lower the AC desired idle?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Well that's where I get confused. So lets take the AC out of the issue right now. My regular idle is set to 800 rpm. So after adjusting the BISS screw in SAS mode to around 800 rpm, my rpm goes up to 1200rpm after SAS is set back to normal. Am I suppose to lower the ECU settings to around 600 (or lower) rpm then?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

You may have tweaked the biss too much. Bring it down a bit and find a middle ground.

The Biss sets the foundation for all idle condtions and the IACV will use the ecu settings to fine tune it.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:52 PM
Account Disabled

idel

In the idle map (ISCV) intial step postion with ac on, raise the lower part of the map on all three. I had the same problem for a long time and fixed it last week by doing this. I had to raise it quit a bit. from 7 to about 30 or so but every car is different. Is your bov vented to atmospher?

Quick Reply: AC idle issue