Notices
ECU Flash

Speed Density Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tscompusa, thank you for your help. I think I was pretty much on the right track. Just not sure why I should be doing certain things. Its the engineer in me always wanting to know why things are the way they are. And the f'in sky is gonna fall if I cant figure why I should be doing something, even though I already know it works.

Just rereading the 2.0 thread and he explains it all on page 2 or 3 just as you described, as well as it already being setup for the Omni 4 bar.

Its all just a lot to take in. Not even sure how this would be accomplished, but I really wish there was one spot to get the latest CORRECT information. Searching mostly turns up conflicting info.

And, of course, thank you RoadSpike for providing this feature to us.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
1.7157 * x - 43.75 will get your kPa
Is this the same formula for the omni 4 bar. I was getting some weird readings with that. I switched to 1.6667*x and it seemed alot better. I get 100.0 kpa when the car is off and I'm logging baro ( I'm at sea level as well)
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reclipse07
Is this the same formula for the omni 4 bar. I was getting some weird readings with that. I switched to 1.6667*x and it seemed alot better. I get 100.0 kpa when the car is off and I'm logging baro ( I'm at sea level as well)
I would use that then seems like you got a more accurate equation for your sensor
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

I feel like a made a ton of progress last night. Basically "reset" my VE map back to the default values in the downloaded rom. Then adjusted the kPA-Load table so my AFRs above 2000 rpm and low kPA were close. Then had to add VE back into the 3D map at idle. Figured since >2000rpm was a lot more work to change in the VE map, it was best to ignore idle until I got kPA-Load close. Im assuming the main reason I had to go back and add VE is my stock cams. I dont have the low VE spot at idle like the default is anymore. One thing that caught me by surprise was how sensitive the kPA-Load and VE map is. Small changes make a big difference.

AFRs on the commute today were mostly within .5 on the rich side. I slowly worked my way into boost and up to 10-12 psi (part throttle) and all is well so far. It definitely needs some tweaking in boost, but at least it hovers around a safe mid 11 afr.

How should I expect a real IAT reading to change my tune? Does anyone have any experience going from using the fuel temp sensor to GM IAT? Im more or less curious how much of my work now is going to be wasted when I put it in. If nothing else, its been a learning experience.