Notices

SST MR/SE 1st gear TPS limiter FOUND!

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... ok and with less sarcasm I'll add that I have always been annoyed at the slow first gear response when trying to turn left at an intersection. I always felt like the car was slower then it should be. It was the one thing I was annoyed about in the SST and made me wish for a clutch. That feeling predated my learning that the ECU was vetoing my request and giveng me what it thought I needed. i always swore I would avoid drive-by-committee cars but my daily traffic commute meant I had to give the SST a try.

Soooo now that I've upped the values, and driven my daily commute, I can say it does feel snappier off the line in even a non-launch scenario. I do plan on bumping them up even a little more just to see how it feels and maybe even all 100's just for fun.

In addition, reverse seems so damn numb I might just up those a little too, but I do like that it limits throttle to avoid sudden surges in reverse. But it all makes quick K-turns all but impossible to do and I hate that.
The following users liked this post:
23r0k001 (May 15, 2018)
Old May 4, 2011, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok i was wondering about this...

I have a tune on my A/P, and I dont want to lose all the work with it. Instead of waiting for COBB to come out with this update, what would my options be to get this limiter removed, plus keep my tune?
Old May 4, 2011, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sheeley91
Ok i was wondering about this...

I have a tune on my A/P, and I dont want to lose all the work with it. Instead of waiting for COBB to come out with this update, what would my options be to get this limiter removed, plus keep my tune?
Transfer the tune to ECUflash.

You'll have to copy all the tables from one to the other, I am sure someone can help you out.

Then unmarry the AP, sell it, buy a tactrix cable and evoscan and move on.

Or you can keep the AP as they will become worth it with Tephra behind the wheel
Old May 4, 2011, 12:55 PM

So where is the best place to pick these up at.... or should i say cheapest?
i know i should wait but god knows when they are going to put out there new update

Last edited by sheeley91; May 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old May 4, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

tactrix.com
Old May 4, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Got my tune and had the 1st gear set to 100% and all i can say is this is how the mr/se should shoot out off the line. Havent fully launged it cause im scared bwahaha. Ill do it little by little.
Old May 4, 2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Evod350z
Got my tune and had the 1st gear set to 100% and all i can say is this is how the mr/se should shoot out off the line. Havent fully launged it cause im scared bwahaha. Ill do it little by little.
so Ivey did this for you no problem ? what kind of numbers your car pull
Old May 4, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Kind of dissapointed. 302whp 298 torque. Tuned at 23 boost on 93octane. I asked for 25-26lbs but somehow he didnt do it. I dont even know what my baseline was cause he said he couldnt do the baseline cause of my ets intake. He says its dangerous cause my intake will make it lean
Old May 5, 2011, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Who tuned you? No baseline? And is the MAF housing a different size than the stock one? i.e. who did the MAF scaling for you before? Or did you do it yourself?

...suspect...
Old May 5, 2011, 07:31 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by verkion
Who tuned you? No baseline? And is the MAF housing a different size than the stock one? i.e. who did the MAF scaling for you before? Or did you do it yourself?

...suspect...
Allow me to read the post above for you

Ivey tuned it
There was no baseline because the car was untuned for an intake that would make it very lean (according to the tuner)
It is an ETS intake. MAF size is the same but it does have a velocity stack that might accelerate the air.
I assume the MAF wasn't scaled for the intake... thats why it was being tuned.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:54 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Where does it say he had Velocity Stack? The regular ETS intake doesn't have VS, you have to upgrade the MAF housing and intake to get that. ETS ran their intake without a tune to show gains from it. The regular ETS intake uses the factory MAF housing.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-thread-2.html

Last edited by migs647; May 5, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 5, 2011, 09:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Where does it say he had Velocity Stack? The regular ETS intake doesn't have VS, you have to upgrade the MAF housing and intake to get that. ETS ran their intake without a tune to show gains from it. The regular ETS intake uses the factory MAF housing.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-thread-2.html
Looks like a velocity stack on the factory MAF housing to me... but maybe I have the wrong product:

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

I realize their full milled velocity stack is different:
Old May 5, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

I dont know if it does or does not have a velocity stack. He said he could do the baseline but wed have to put the stock intake back. It just sucks cause i wanted to know how much exactly i picked up from my tune.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by fostytou
Looks like a velocity stack on the factory MAF housing to me... but maybe I have the wrong product:

I realize their full milled velocity stack is different:
Yah you're right. I didn't realize that beveled inlet was the VS. They should add it to the description on their regular intake.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:07 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Evod350z
I dont know if it does or does not have a velocity stack. He said he could do the baseline but wed have to put the stock intake back. It just sucks cause i wanted to know how much exactly i picked up from my tune.
Yah it does suck... but what did your butt dyno tell you?

There are very very few tuners I trust in the states with the 4B11. Ivey is one that I trust... be thankful he is not pushing you over the limit like a lot of these tuners do, which result in blown engines. IMO, the good tuners are the ones that push it but not to the edge. Enjoy the car... numbers are meaningless. I do feel for you not getting a base, but I think Ivey is DJ and I based 242 in my MR. I can up the dyno sheet if that helps?

Quick Reply: SST MR/SE 1st gear TPS limiter FOUND!