Notices
ECU Flash

Can’t read ecu tj Magna Sports

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
read ecu tj Magna VRX

I have a tj Magna, a new tactrix, and downloaded ecuflash. I’ve got all the Magna XMLs I found online installed and a read template for vehicle type evo 7 gt or something like that. I tried the evo 9 vehicle type also, But it just does some sort of check for about 4 lines and says failed, not recognise. Tactrix is functional. Using Windows 10 notebook.

Last edited by Ppwheelswa; Jan 2, 2021 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Just wondering if you can delete this post, it’s my first and I’m not happy with it.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ppwheelswa
I have a 2002 3.5ltr tj Magna Sports 5sp auto. I have new tactrix, latest version ecuflash and ecoscan. I’ve heard the 512k ecu s on this model are hard to read. I’ve got all the Magna XMLs I found online installed and a read template for vehicle type evo 7 gt /Magna or something like that. And tried the evo 9 vehicle type also, But it just does some sort of check for about 4 lines and says failed, not recognise.. something. Tactrix is functional. Using Windows 10 notebook.
​​​​​​

You will probably need to edit your read template. I havnt done a Magna but you need to find the correct memory model and read method for the car. You may have to edit the read template and try a few.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by OzAirtrek
​​​​​​

You will probably need to edit your read template. I havnt done a Magna but you need to find the correct memory model and read method for the car. You may have to edit the read template and try a few.
which part of the template is that?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:54 PM

which part of the template is that?
Here it is

Last edited by Ppwheelswa; Jan 1, 2021 at 07:03 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by OzAirtrek
​​​​​​

Nothing like that has seemed to work. I think mabee it’s locked. It says something about FOFO1, FOFO2.. I have no idea how to unlock it. Tried to download ecu unlocker, but my internet security won’t have it.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 05:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 2002 3.5ltr tj Magna Sports 5sp auto. I have new tactrix, latest version ecuflash and ecoscan. I’ve heard the 512k ecu s on this model are hard to read. I’ve got all the Magna XMLs I found online installed and a read template for vehicle type evo 7 gt /Magna or something like that. And tried the evo 9 vehicle type also, But it just does some sort of check for about 4 lines and says failed, not recognise.. something. Tactrix is functional. Using Windows 10 notebook.
J series ECUs, auto or manual, are easy to read - you should be able to read the first 256kB of an auto just using the Evo 7/8 vehicle type (Evo 9 won't work for the J series ECUs). The Evo 7 GTA read template is required to read the full 512kB and access the trans tables though.

Did you get the Mitsubishi reflash adapter (separate purchase from Tactrix, included if purchased from Evoscan) and have it plugged into the reflash connector and OpenPort?

Magna/Verada ECUFlash ROM definitions and some documentation available from the ModifiedMitsubishi Github repo. There is also a thread for these on the AussieMagna forums.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by WytWun
J series ECUs, auto or manual, are easy to read - you should be able to read the first 256kB of an auto just using the Evo 7/8 vehicle type (Evo 9 won't work for the J series ECUs). The Evo 7 GTA read template is required to read the full 512kB and access the trans tables though.

Did you get the Mitsubishi reflash adapter (separate purchase from Tactrix, included if purchased from Evoscan) and have it plugged into the reflash connector and OpenPort?

Magna/Verada ECUFlash ROM definitions and some documentation available from the ModifiedMitsubishi Github repo. There is also a thread for these on the AussieMagna forums.
I have the reflash adapter. Does it need to be plugged into both at the same time?

Last edited by Ppwheelswa; Jan 1, 2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 06:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does it need to be plugged into both at the same time?
Yes
The following users liked this post:
Ppwheelswa (Jan 1, 2021)
Old Jan 1, 2021, 07:15 PM

Cool, thanks! Do you know if I can flash my car with any of the evo maps on evo scan?
Old Jan 1, 2021, 07:32 PM

As evos are 6sp and turbo.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
As evos are 6sp and turbo.
Sure try it and report back
The following users liked this post:
Ppwheelswa (Jan 2, 2021)
Old Jan 2, 2021, 06:08 AM