Notices
ECU Flash

2003 first allocation stock rom?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
There are quite a few "Trims" that learn from your driving habits and gas quality.. The three offhand are the knock value, Long Term Fuel Trim, and Short term fuel trims.. I'm sure there are also stored values for the a/c and other functions that smooth out over time..

The issue isn't so much altering these values, but finding where the baseline values are set, so you can find the "trims" and set them as close as possible to those values so when the ECU IS reset, it has less learning to do and the car will always run consistently..
But I can't think of a way to get the fuel trim closer to "0" in ECUFlash. I am now using my UTEC to modify the 0% load column.

So does it mean the flash ROM doesn't store any of these LTFT, STFT, and Knock value? So the ROM will always be the same and not modified by itself (including those unidentified code by ECUFlash yet)?

Last edited by BJai02; May 27, 2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old May 27, 2006, 06:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No, the values are stored in volitile ram (Lose the battery lose the value)

Your Fuel trims are based off the open loop maps, so if you can get the open loop maps close to your optimum, and get the car running better when its cold and in open loop, then your target fueling is closer to the desired value, and your fuel trims should reflect it..

Right now, if you have a really rich target to get a good open loop idle, then when it goes into closed loop, your trims will go over -10%.. This is where the AFR Closed Loop Target values would be beneficial since you could allow your idle to run a little richer, but I haven't seen a table for that yet..

My experience is I didn't have to touch my timing to get good idle, I just had to get the fuel trims close to 0% but I did it using the ECUFlash and not UTEC since the UTEC affects the MAF value, and not the base fueling..