Notices
ECU Flash

ECUflash and Alky/Meth questions???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2006, 08:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would never recommend this as Gruppe-S stated.

I think if no motors have blown, it is just a matter of time before it happens. This is not an attack on DF, it is purely an opinion on the tuning practice.

Basically the high load maps have increased ignition timing and leaner AFR's.

There is no way to keep the stock turbo from sporadically boost spiking depending on rpms. It is just too fast spooling for any boost controller MBC, EBC or stock solenoid to react fast enough.

With that said, you hit a boost spike on pump gas and now not only are you in borderline detonation boost levels, now you increase cylinder pressures further with more advanced ignition timing in the cells you hit, but the AFR's are leaned out on top of it all. It is a recipe for disaster.

Pretending we can control boost perfectly and stay out of these cells at spoolup, there are still boost controller malfunctions and WGA diaphram leaks that will overboost and blow the motor furthermore.

Very very dangerous practice I would not recommend.

If you wanted a true map switch, MAFTPro and AEM are two ways you can get this to work.

MAFTPro is $595 set up for speed density and electronic boost control from us.

The way we set it up, when you turn on the arming switch and the spray light comes on, it sends a signal to the maftpro to switch maps to the alky map and 30psi. Maftpro controls boost, AFR and ignition timing. The map ONLY switches if the spray on light is energized to that the map and boost is for pump gas until the meth is spraying.

Furthermore with the zeitronix version9 wideband we have set the new warning trigger feature to trigger the maftpro to switch back to the pumpgas map if EGT's exceed 900*C for example on meth. It is really a bulletproof setup and really exciting chain of events that takes place.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you al

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Cant do it

Check out the new snow safegaurd

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=SI%2D10
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Even though the Snow Performance Safe Injection would be another subsystem addition, which in itself provides another malfunction possibility, when the whole setup is installed with due care, it's one damn good way to keep your engine from blowing.

Before my car was tuned and boosting for the alcohol, I would run the tank dry only boost to 14 psi. I pulled the pump fuse and same thing.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
Even though the Snow Performance Safe Injection would be another subsystem addition, which in itself provides another malfunction possibility, when the whole setup is installed with due care, it's one damn good way to keep your engine from blowing.

Before my car was tuned and boosting for the alcohol, I would run the tank dry only boost to 14 psi. I pulled the pump fuse and same thing.
Anyone who really uses meth volume on a serious level would likely find the minimum flow safeguard inadequate. My personal non-progressive kit on stock turbo flows 950cc or so. Much less than full flow with many kits is enough to cause engine damage even if the minimum flow for the safeguard is met.

On another note, I finished tuning the car last night and enabled the Zeitronix ZAVT-MAFTPro combo. All I can say is HOLY ****! The system works amazingly well and it has the seat of the pants feel of pulled timing.

Works exactly as I had hoped it would. Finally had enough time to get it all up and running on the new tune. I have logs already, but I really want to get video up of what the system does as viewed on the LCD screen with the in car camera.